Login

N-TEN-AT4 Acqua VST Now Available

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: N-TEN-AT4 Acqua VST Now Available

Postby ericus » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:40 pm

Hey guys,

Can we leave religious beliefs out of this thread? Michael is a truly great human being, always helping others and offering us nice programs for a great price. :mrgreen:

Peace! ;)

Eric
ericus

Postby woeischris » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:25 am

Forget it. This forum isn't the place for my question. Editing it out of my initial post.
woeischris

Postby Plec » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:10 am

Anthony wrote:
Also, Michael, have you considered the idea that the "god bless you" stuff on your website, emails, and message board posts might be a bit off-putting to some people?

+1
Very obtrusive, disturbing.
- - -
Teasers: Be a devil!

Oh grow up will ya! ;)

You are right though that it is off putting to some people, but I'm an atheist if anyone ever was one but have no problem with religion as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else, and much less with Michael writing God bless you in his emails. From what I gather, Michael is a great guy and always respectful and kind. It's a great feeling when someone says God bless, it's such a very positive, love filled thing to say to anyone despite anyones own beliefs.

If you're having an issue with that it's only your own insecurities about your personal religious or non-religious beliefs that come into play which goes to show what a huge problem religion can be when you have insecure people trying to find their identity through religious dogma when in reality they should be looking inward.

Leave Michael out of it and try his awesome plugins instead and you're in for a religious experience, I'll tell you that much! :D
Plec
User Level III
User Level III

Postby woeischris » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:46 am

Who needs to grow up, the person making the remark that some people might find that offputting or the person who so willfully disregards the opinions and feelings of others by condescendingly dismissing them? I've had alot of contact with Michael, I'm certainly not offended by it, but I promise that many others would be. It makes me feel a little awkward but then, it could be said that I hold some... extreme views so it really doesn't upset me. Still, consideration for others is important and I was merely asking whether its interpretation by others had been considered. I could very easily sign my emails with "Hail Satan" but I don't and wouldn't because it is unnecessary to insert my philophical outlook into any situation where it is not explicitly requested. It is a matter of respect, and even if I mean it with good intentions it does not change the interpretation many will have. Do none of you understand the point? At no point have I questioned Michael's intentions or qualities. Great dude who does great work.

And none of this matters, hence the reason why I deleted my initial post. I should have just asked Michael directly, this wasn't the place.
woeischris

Postby lordnielson » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:31 pm

The only problem I can see here is that we live in a multicultural society where customers can be christian, muslim, buddhist, etc.
If somebody ended their email to customers with "Go with Allah" that would obviously make some feel uncomfortable.
It's my personal view that religion and business shouldn't mix.

All that being said I never gave much thought to Michael signing off with a blessing so I can't say that it has bothered me.
lordnielson

Postby rrrobo » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:11 am

For the record, saying 'God bless you' in the UK doesn' t even necessarily mean the person is religious at all, it is a very positive and friendly thing to say to someone, but also very casual, usually meaning 'thank you'. So you shouldn't read too much into it whether the person is religious or not.

Cheers
rrrobo
User Level V
User Level V

Postby wadanae » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:26 pm

feel free to say what you say and let the moderators deal with it. And if they don't deal with it, you do by not purchasing the persons product who said God Bless you or Hail Satan. Why suggest to someone what not to say? If its that serious or at the least intrusive you could be missing out on other things besides plugins like books or products with the slogan. and oh wait the related phrase: In God we trust...American money... Which I need more of, lol. well anyway im a beginner in music mixing and need more info so lets get back to the plugin. I just want to learn to mix offensive Athiest, agnostic and religious...music. :mrgreen:
wadanae
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby KP2009 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:31 pm

Everyone Need Blessings.. God Bless!
KP2009
User Level X
User Level X

Postby dpclarkson » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:44 am

God bless, Allahu akbar, kiddush Hashem.
Now get on with it!
dpclarkson

Postby KP2009 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:52 am

lol @ DPClarkson
KP2009
User Level X
User Level X

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries