97v4 /Win7 x64 /64G ram /Nvidia Quadro K620
Reaper 5.28 /X-Touch
Prism Orpheus /RME Babyface Pro
himhui
Expert
Expert

Re: VM-Limiter by rhythminmind

Postby elam » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:54 am

elam wrote:he's the only one who's given us a wide variety of reverbs to choose from, he's a pioneer on that

Agree.Even if I came late on the Nebula boat.

elam wrote:The VM-Tube is one of the best colorful emulations out there

Hell yeah.

elam wrote:I really doubt a man of his size would take comments, like those in the 165a thread, in a wrong way

I'm not him... but you have to have a tough skin to be in the music business, so again,I'm not worry for him...

Maybe instead of BS*&tin' we might support him and every developer's hard work.(I think I'm gonna buy the rest of his comp libraries tonite...).
There's might be a reason that me and you fam. spending some time here instead of working on your music (I have to get back on it)

Nebula is the sh*&^%t.Everybody contribution is welcome.Period.

So bring that VM limiter papa.straight up!
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby elam » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:56 am

Oh and I still need an answer for this MCI EQ thing ! So PM me god damn it !
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Mimi » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:08 am

hello all...for some time that do not write here.
With regard to what is being said...I think Eric has a huge potential, I bought your compressor 165A...I liked...
Actually I think that many libraries were released...and do not see much need for many products.
The Filet mignon served was well tasted...Rs! :mrgreen:
More compressors always been complicated, now improved somewhat... More not yet 100% with the EQ...
The truth is that Each developer is guaranteeing his share of the pie...AlexB with consoles, the cdsoundmasters with the tapes and analogue in the box with set of varieties.
Each developer is famous for a special library...And eric is doing a good job with the compressors and guitar amps and reverbs...Now let's see where this is going.
Mimi

Postby bottom1 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:56 pm

Alex, CD, AITH (and a few other up and coming 3rd parties) offer an exceptional product, great support and tons of options... I mentioned in the past that selling individual preset would be the beginning of the end... I just don't think his Business Model and mindset matched that of Neb End Users...

Alex's .ser protection wasn't well receive, but he corrected that... Ownhammer went through the same thing with price, but he quickly adapted (and found his lane)... I think his exceptional offering will soon get the recognition he deserves and success will be realized... Room Hunters are kickin ass... I just wish Henry would continue his approach to Verbs and develop more (it's great on applications beyond drums)...

Neb seems to be the least cracked plugs... 3rd party developers nickle and dimeing via presets just cheapens and will lead to bootlegging and stealing...

Regardless of the fact, if the 165 is dope, I'll buy it (actually after I post this), even if I don't agree with a developers business practices... to each his/her own... my production and engineering service rely on Neb, I support all the developers... Alex, CDs, and AITB (now Room Hunter and Ownhammer) can be heard on the Radio and TV almost daily in Washington DC, because the end results are great... my Commercial Clients have grown exponitially, and thanks to Neb my music clients are coming back...

PS- the VM offering was great... it made me swap all the Tubes in my 610's...
bottom1
User Level V
User Level V

Postby farjedi » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:43 pm

Just reread the 165a comp thread, only because I followed it and my recollection was that it gave generally good feedback of the program. Re-reading it I couldn't understand how it could be a reason to no longer posting in this forum. Sure there was questions regarding the random attack times but they are the byproducts of Nebula's engine rather than criticism of the programs, which without exception everyone was praising.
Most if not all users of Nebula accept that compression is in beta (if you like) and there are limits to it's performance.
I also don't think there is any hierarchy in regards to developers. In fact it's nice to have developers that cover different types of processors.
farjedi
User Level X
User Level X

Postby giancarlo » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:36 pm

I think eric is filling a gap among other developers. They are musical tools with an amazing quality, very oriented to daily tracking and mixing. I see a target in medium sized recording studio projects, especially producers.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby SWAN » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:56 pm

whats the problem with releasing individual presets? I think its pretty cool and really great pricing...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby Formbank » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:01 pm

I read somewhere that Eric said that he samples stuff primarily for his own use and I think that's a good approach. For me, I find his stuff to be very useful.

I have libraries by most of the developers out there and having a lack of 'overlap' is a good thing, in my view.

I'm still amazed that Nebula can do so much and so well.
Formbank
User Level VII
User Level VII

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries