Login

VM-Limiter by rhythminmind

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: VM-Limiter by rhythminmind

Postby cfunck » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:20 pm

If you read carefully what happened the last time he posted his 165 compressor release you´ll easily understand why he´s not posting here anymore, even new releases. Lot´s of people delivering great programs and only Alex B and Cdsoundmaster get the hype.

Sad...
cfunck
User Level I
User Level I

Postby SWAN » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:26 pm

cfunck wrote:If you read carefully what happened the last time he posted his 165 compressor release you´ll easily understand why he´s not posting here anymore, even new releases. Lot´s of people delivering great programs and only Alex B and Cdsoundmaster get the hype.

Sad...

really? That 165 thread has 11 pages...did something go wrong there I dont remember any problem...

Alex B and CDs releases are generally bigger in content that can be the only reason why more hype...and some Alex B releases drop quickly despite being great eg MWQ...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby sfunk » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:39 pm

cfunck wrote:If you read carefully what happened the last time he posted his 165 compressor release you´ll easily understand why he´s not posting here anymore, even new releases. Lot´s of people delivering great programs and only Alex B and Cdsoundmaster get the hype.

Sad...

yeah im confused about this too. What happened? It seemed to be well received
sfunk

Postby tumburu » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:43 pm

I give my hype to aitb!

Ok, Alex can take some too... :roll: MWQ rulz!!!

Oh, I like the new RH thing too :?

:lol:
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cps418 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:42 pm

I think with the alex b, a.i.t.b. and CD thing is we tend to make these guys superstar developers. Since the held the crown for so long and now the little guys are picking up, it seems we may be having a harder time excepting them. (Generic vs. name brand so to speak).I do not work for Eric, but it is true he got trashed on his 165 release.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Mercado_Negro » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:50 pm

cps418 wrote:I think with the alex b, a.i.t.b. and CD thing is we tend to make these guys superstar developers. Since the held the crown for so long and now the little guys are picking up, it seems we may be having a harder time excepting them. (Generic vs. name brand so to speak).I do not work for Eric, but it is true he got trashed on his 165 release.

Where was that? I just saw a bunch of people discussing about a new library and collecting reports/ideas which Eric tried to make fit in his product.

He's just busy with his day job and sampling, remember he said he isn't a marketing guy.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SWAN » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:07 am

cps418 wrote:I think with the alex b, a.i.t.b. and CD thing is we tend to make these guys superstar developers. Since the held the crown for so long and now the little guys are picking up, it seems we may be having a harder time excepting them. (Generic vs. name brand so to speak).I do not work for Eric, but it is true he got trashed on his 165 release.

well - I didnt see any trashing and I followed the 165 thread and bought it so...

Im not sure I agree on this aspect of bias....I dont see any conspiracy going on but maybe there is something Ive not seen...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby cps418 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:01 am

Maybe "trashed" was to hard, but some strong critiquing. There is even a post on that topic where someone states if the 165 was made by one of the "name brand" developers it would have received more instant praise. By the way I do own presets from all the dev. out there, so no hate from me guys. conspiracy no, subcon may be.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby elam » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:59 am

And he get the PM but don't answer to them... He might be "half busy" ! Just jocking, Eric has done/do a insane good job.My question to him was MCI EQ : 400/500/600 or something else ? If anyone got an answer, hit me up.
And I don't think people went too hard with him too on the 165 thread...He strong...
I don't even see "big" or "little" man in this Nebula community.Everybody's recognize the superior quality/possibilities of the product and (I hope)pushing hard to make it better at every level.
That said I have to re-read the "Nebula Manifest" and from what I remember I think that it has to be in red with big ass fonts on the "home page" and said : "This is a special plug in, with special peeps involved,so shady,selfish,greedy people, get the f*&^%k out of here".
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Mercado_Negro » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:19 am

If you visit Rhythminmind's website you'll see he's an extremely talented musician/engineer. If you take a look at his libraries for Nebula you'll see he's done a very special and hard work on them (he's the only one who's given us a wide variety of reverbs to choose from, he's a pioneer on that). The VM-Tube is one of the best colorful emulations out there. I really doubt a man of his size would take comments, like those in the 165a thread, in a wrong way.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries