Login

If you could have only one Nebula EQ?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

If you could have only one Nebula EQ?

Postby odd » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:22 pm

I've decided to jump in and get an EQ - but one EQ only. The Mammoth (M****y) is at the top of my list. Suggestions otherwise?
odd
User Level VI
User Level VI

Re: If you could have only one Nebula EQ?

Postby tumburu » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:07 pm

If I could only have one, that should be flexible enough to handle the task of mixing, it should definitely have variable q. To me this would be the Modern White. Mammoth is definitely great but IMO it's not made to be the one and only eq.

Another possible approach is to buy the APE/Fate/Mammoth package if you already have a very good algorithmic eq (like Fabfilter or Equality), which gives you the classic A*I/N**e sounds and the Mammoth on top of those. This could be a beautiful base for your mixing eq needs.
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby mertayy » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:35 pm

I have a few and for me its hard to choose between BMQ and Mammoth as first choice. But having both is really cool, I have 1-2 more eq's in my to buy list but nothing urgent right now.
mertayy

Postby highvoltage » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:26 pm

I use Fate and Mammoth the most. And then all the others.
highvoltage

Postby Mercado_Negro » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:36 pm

That would be the CLeQ, no doubt. Variable Gain, Frequency Range and Q. Very neutral sound but also nice color and character.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby tumburu » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:53 pm

Mercado_Negro wrote:That would be the CLeQ, no doubt. Variable Gain, Frequency Range and Q. Very neutral sound but also nice color and character.

Would have to buy that at some point..

Why do you prefer it over the MWQ?
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Mercado_Negro » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:09 pm

tumburu wrote:
Mercado_Negro wrote:That would be the CLeQ, no doubt. Variable Gain, Frequency Range and Q. Very neutral sound but also nice color and character.

Its sound. I always try both when I'm equalizing and I always end up using the CLeQ. The MWeQ has a very particular sound that may or may not work in everything, the CLeQ always works :)
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby odd » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:15 pm

Mercado_Negro wrote:
tumburu wrote:

Its sound. I always try both when I'm equalizing and I always end up using the CLeQ. The MWeQ has a very particular sound that may or may not work in everything, the CLeQ always works :)

Do you own/use the Mammoth too?
odd
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby Mercado_Negro » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:21 pm

odd wrote:Do you own/use the Mammoth too?

Yes. The Mammoth also has a very particular sound, colored and too drastic in some occasions which is why I use it on material where I need that 'silk veil' it puts on everything (common in most Passive EQs, nothing bad at all).
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby tumburu » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:38 pm

Mercado_Negro wrote:

I was tempted to buy it but I think it doesn't have such narrow cuts as the MWQ.
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries