Login

Sell libraries i dont use

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Sell libraries i dont use

Postby Hannes_F » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:30 am

In the Nebula world I have always seen part of my buying decisions as support for the idea and the developers (though I still think Nebula could and should take a more healthy path but that is a different topic). Re-selling libraries would be the same like retracting this support and therefore is out of question for me.

Especially saying "the new EQ of this and that developer is so good that I will sell all his other products because I don't need them any more" would be like punishing him for his good work without considering the long way to this quality.

If somebody says "then I will try more before I buy" ... that is reccommendeable anyways.
Hannes_F
User Level X
User Level X

Postby tumburu » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:10 am

Hannes_F wrote:Re-selling libraries would be the same like retracting this support

Really? How comes that?
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Hannes_F » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:04 pm

tumburu wrote:
Hannes_F wrote:Re-selling libraries would be the same like retracting this support

Really? How comes that?

Because I take a business away from the developer.

I should add that on the long term I can imagine libraries to be both more expensive and an re-sellable but I think it is too early now since so much is in baby shoes still.
Hannes_F
User Level X
User Level X

Postby surbitone » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:43 pm

Only buying what you need is lesson 101 in good business management.
surbitone
User Level V
User Level V

Postby cps418 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:54 pm

Easier said than done sir. at these prices and with this quality we all want to dive in face first. Especially when you see brochures selling the hardware for $2000 and up. Then add in the fact that the differences are just about 90-95 percent equal... Easier said than done. I do think that people of this community should take more responsibility for there lustful buying actions. I already have so I will not sell the $10-$20 great presets that I do not use.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries