Login

please stop inventing new categories

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: please stop inventing new categories

Postby rrrobo » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:44 am

burnsound wrote:I second this motion.
And I can't use NAT (on mac), so having 30+ categories is a total bummer for me.

But Room Hunters is kind of a new thing, right? There haven't really been programs like that before for Nebula- so I think it is cool in their case.

Hey Burnsound, I'm with you as I'm on Mac too. Have you ever found any way to edit the categories or move programs between them (except manually one by one through the Nebula interface)? I have asked a number of times but no-one ever has an answer and I can't be the only one trying to do it. To change them using NAT on a separate PC I think the programs would have to be installed there too...

Cheers
Mark
rrrobo
User Level V
User Level V

Postby Cupwise » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:25 pm

1)I suspect NAT is your best answer. When you say the programs would have to be 'installed' on the PC, all you have to do is transfer the files to the PC, then edit with NAT and transfer back. I'm not sure if you need to move the .n2v files to the pc to do the edits, but I do know that they do not get changed by the edits. The edits only effect the .n2p files. It might sound like a pain but when you get it figured out and have them all loaded up into nat, you can quickly run down and change them all quickly. If it really bothers you and you have a PC, it would be worth it.
2)I do agree about the categories when there is already a 'standard' category for a particular type of effect. I also think the subcategories can/could be useful, but are often overlooked. On the other hand, organization is a small thing compared to all the other stuff that goes into making a good program.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby burnsound » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:02 pm

rrrobo wrote:
Hey Burnsound, I'm with you as I'm on Mac too. Have you ever found any way to edit the categories or move programs between them (except manually one by one through the Nebula interface)? I have asked a number of times but no-one ever has an answer and I can't be the only one trying to do it. To change them using NAT on a separate PC I think the programs would have to be installed there too...

Cheers
Mark

I asked about this in a topic in the Requests forum (or maybe working with nebula)- the bottom line was that you can edit categories, but the changes for me were not permanent. Do a search for the thread for details- it's from the last few months.

Another option is to create separate Nebula versions that only load certain categories or programs, which involves editing the xml files, and other trickery. This worked for me for a little while, but then my computer decided it would only recognize 2 versions of Nebula out of the 6 I had made. Maybe this route would work for you... I don't actually remember how to do it, though.

I think for now we wait, and give our mouse clicking muscles a workout.

-I guess presets within the daw can make your life a bit easier for the programs you use all the time.
burnsound
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby rrrobo » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:57 pm

Cupwise wrote:I'm not sure if you need to move the .n2v files to the pc to do the edits, but I do know that they do not get changed by the edits. The edits only effect the .n2p files.

This is interesting if it's possible to do it by just moving the N2Ps. The reason stopping me is that my N2V folder is probably 60Gb or something..

Thanks, I'll try this. Hopefully it will be permanent. I've also tried other methods involving editing XMLs but those never stuck.

Cheers
Mark
rrrobo
User Level V
User Level V

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries