DME 1968 FET/Tube Comp

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: DME 1968 FET/Tube Comp

Postby cfunck » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:29 pm

Works great here either. Unlike someone else said I don´t think it damages de sound on the 2bus. Big version works better for me on 2bus duties and I don´t even touch the threshold. Gain reduction of about 1db, attack and release to taste. I think it works great for dance music and anything that needs that tight low end. DME and 165 were the only comps I´ve found useful to compress drums and bass on the same group. This practice with normal plugs never worked.
Sorry, no algorithm plugs do what 165 and DME do to the sound so far, even with Nebula limitations.
Fate comp didn´t do it for me. Tried many times. It has a great colour though and that input program is enough.

Just my 2 cents...
User Level I
User Level I

Postby cps418 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:04 pm

For those having problems with this comp. you have to play with it for a while. I do rap music and it is very bottom heavy, so this comp took me about three days of searching internet forums, and running all over my house to this cd player and that one. This comp. is super sweet, but it kind of changes some of your old mixing practices. watch the low end of the frequency meter big time. (When you master it... SWEETNESS.)
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby giancarlo » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:42 pm

interesting, I'll test it on my music. I received a download link but I tested it only quickly, maybe it deserves a lot of attention then

Postby Mimi » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:52 pm

Funny that I bought all the presets of compressor 165A and I am using for a variety of things...
I use in piano and drums and bass I have no problems with it.
It is great for a number of things... No errors and no strange noises.
More compressors of nebula I not like to use them as peak limiter...Not is good.
Because of the limitations of the nebula with dynamic compression in itself .
Most compressors are still wonderful in nebula and just use common sense and listen

Postby elam » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:46 pm

It's working here.No problem.Standard and Big.

Something I want to mention:
I think that when we talking about comps (and verbs) when have to be careful.
I think that all compressors not necessarily work with all music genre (out of the "color" they add).
If you working on a Hip Hop kick you'r not working on a "classic rock" kick or a Jazz or Metal kick.
They will not have the same importance in your mix so the treatment will not be the same.
Hip Hop producers, will tell you that bip bop or rock kicks are no even kick drum (thin,weak,etc...).Rock producers will tell you that rap or house kicks are not kicks (obese,omnipresent, etc...).

I'm generalizing a bit here, but when we say :"It's not working on drums or this or that".1rst : What type of music are you composing/producing/mixing/mastering ???!! OK, so now we can talk...even before knowing if you use it right or not.
I'll not treat a 60's jazz drum kit with a 165 or a 1968 for sure... nor Bavarian music or New Age music... as Eric said "It add punch".Do you need punch ????
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby hearteh » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:13 am

What I meant has nothing to do with music genre. I get a weird metallic sound that is not suppose to be there. Drawmer is great for electronic music.
User Level I
User Level I

Postby cariocaman85 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:18 pm

I noticed some ugly artefacts when i tried it on a bass. Especialy when I changed the treshold. I work in 48K.
Is someone have any idea about the problem?
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby Finnish » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:28 pm

Just bought the standard version, I'll test it today.

EDIT: OMG, this thing rocks! Unbelievable smack!
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby highvoltage » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:00 am

also, if its not evident for some people, the attack and release times are not in Ms, but represents the numbers on the device.

Postby kylen » Sun May 15, 2011 6:18 am

I purchased this via Paypal a few days ago but can't figure out how to get the download.

Where did you folks download from? There were no instructions on the Paypal site.

I am unable to contact Eric successfully...any ideas?
I'd like to join the fun!

Return to 3rd party libraries