Login

Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Postby Henry Olonga » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:35 am

Hi guys,
I have been so lucky to be supported by a great community here and with the rest of the audio community. And I am always willing to give a little back . So this is my way of saying thanks to all who support me.

A lot of you may know that I am into experimenting and especially with high resolution. It does mean a lot of hard work as everything is just harder to do right. But when it's done right it can be interesting, at least to me anyway.

Soooooooo... I asked the question - why does it seem so hard to recreate a room that actually sounds pretty classic, characterful and yet kind of true as well? Maybe even a hint of 70s.

This got my creative juices flowing. In any case, for the last few months I have been travelling around the UK with my work and also on many occasions I have taken my high resolution recording rig. I found one really nice and mildly reflective room and recorded it. I am now releasing the results slowly over the next few weeks.

I am starting a series that I hope will see at least a new room on a regular basis released here so perhaps check in here every so often.

The first release is an impulse response pack of a psuedo binaural music hall. I was going for colour here. I have called it .......

Virtual drum Overheads - Classic Lustraphonic Rooms.

Basically drum overheads recorded to give the depth of a beautiful performance hall I visited in Shrewsbury around about Christmas.

These were recorded at DXD rates and then downsampled to 192 khz. I then sent them through a Helios 69 with lustraphone transformers and what we get is a nice warm clear room. Great for drums, Cello, acoustic guitar, piano etc. basically anything that you want to warm up and get a little of that Helios sound. I did four settings and they are here at all sample rates.

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THEM HERE

http://www.nebulapresets.com/Henry_Olon ... naural.zip

Won't work on everything but kind of fun :D

This will end up being a bundle with ORTF and Spaced added. Would of course appreciate any support you can give me. I will never the less continue to find opportunities to give the little guy a chance.

Enjoy and give me some feedback if you can.

Best
Henry
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby wagz » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:32 am

That's really cool, Henry! I purchased your 96khz AYCE bundle. Were these rooms in that package? I've been looking, but I still haven't found them.
wagz
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby Henry Olonga » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:14 pm

Hi Wagz,
No rooms. They are coming over the next few months. Many in wav format as IRs and the best ones for Nebula.
No time frame but will do it regularly.

Best
H ;)
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby spigon » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:36 pm

Would be awesome to see some high end room reverb (especially concert halls) using nebula in 384khz.
spigon
User Level V
User Level V

Postby Henry Olonga » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:53 pm

spigon wrote:Would be awesome to see some high end room reverb (especially concert halls) using nebula in 384khz.

I have had a few issues deconvolving 384 khz stuff in NAT. Related to memory issues in 32 bit NAT I suspect. However - these ears think that 64 bit files in a 64 bit capable convolution reverb sound very, very close to Nebula minus some nuances. I think this may explain a lot of Nebula's advantage. A 64 bit pipeline has more perceived depth to me. Subjective I now. Yes done my own tests already!

Impulse responses can also be tweaked a lot. Anyway - time will tell. I may get a breakthrough with the 32 bit NAT.

Also, I'm finally catching up with a lot of web admin that I had neglected over the last year. The move to bundles meant that individual manuals etc were not included in most bundle downloads and with good reason. The download is over 1.07 GBs. :o . So over the next few weeks I will hopefully try to resurrect the individual PDFs for those who want them. I have had the odd request here and there. It's not a lot of info though. Anyway the updated Amps bundle one PDF is here
http://www.nebulapresets.com/Henry_Olonga_ULTRA_High_Resolution_Amp_Models_VOL_1.pdf
Last edited by Henry Olonga on Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby wagz » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:03 am

Henry Olonga wrote:Hi Wagz,
No rooms. They are coming over the next few months. Many in wav format as IRs and the best ones for Nebula.
No time frame but will do it regularly.

Best
H ;)

Thanks, Henry.
wagz
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby Henry Olonga » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:18 am

:D . Just a heads up that I am still around even though the family and I will be heading off to a more sunny destination soon.
Two products in the pipeline that I have had sitting on my HDD should be ready in the coming months.

The move has made me get off my butt and sort it out. I would have had them ready by this week but I was having such fun I decided to expand them and am sampling for one more week.

We forget sometimes that most commercial studios rely on one main console. One sound. One sonic Signature. Instead of trying to recreate every sonic option under the sun in your mixes,( Nebula allows you to do that with vast libraries ) perhaps one really good one is all you need.

The first is my long awaited completion of the Titan V2 family. I will be releasing about 200 presets - 10 kernels, 192 khz bla bla bla. About 80 or so will cover all the single EQ positions of my Lustraphone Helios module in 2 dB steps on each frequency band and will also include Low Cuts at 40 hz and 80 hz. I will throw in the Line in,Preamp, Hi Shelf and the rest will be new settings with overlapping and interactive bands. These will cover just about every aspect of tone you would want to extract from a module like this. I sat down patiently over many months spending hours per day to create presets to cover Vocals, Bass, Strings, piano, Kick, Snare, Toms, All Full settings, Acoustic, Electric, Drum bus and percussion. These will all have ten presets each so very comprehensive. I doubt you will be able to recreate the immediate gratification of the Helios sound any other way. Half were with the preamp and half with the line in for somewhat different perspectives. It becomes a truly variable mix experience with every preset sounding unique.

The second one is the one I am mixing my album with.Yes I know......it's still in the mix...... ;)

Lots of trial and error to get here. Tried TCS only and it sounded a tad harsh and edgy - digital brings out its worst traits IMHO. Tried the NV pre alone, too flabby and tubby. So I went into the NV pre and then into the TCS and used the FIve50 EQ on everything and WOW. I can say it just works. Remember I made the NV into TCS a while ago. Well turns out that the technique is sound. NV for warmth and Aypee Eye for clarity and punch. works a TREAT and I decided to make a full library. These will be with my wide dynamic range settings so will be very high quality. I can safely say that this library will be the best at getting a professional mix in minutes. Warmth, punchy and hi res. Again 192 khz, 10 kernels, ten presets each bla bla bla. All the traits we try to get to glue a mix together. Stay tuned. :o

After that - October to Januray - perhaps rooms. Lots of free stuff as well. All depends on whether my passion is there. You never know -I may re-discover the joy of doing this - it is tedious, monotonous and time consuming....even though it can be fun.......but your support makes it easier.....
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby russianpolecat » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:01 am

Yes!! I've been hoping you were going to complete the Helios V2 stuff.

Looking forward to them :)
russianpolecat
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Thierr7 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:18 am

Thanks Henry :D
Thierr7

Postby beingmf3 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:27 pm

Complete Helios path? A dream comes true!
Thanks a LOT Henry!!
beingmf3

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries