Login

Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Postby botus99 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:17 am

This endeavor sounds very exciting! As mentioned before, the RoomHunters' Theater of Life program was a great idea all around, only it doesn't work for EVERY song. Ever since I first used TOL, I was hoping there were going to be more REAL rooms sampled by one of Nebula's finest :mrgreen:

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with Henry! It's great to see you back in the fold again.
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby Martinez » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:42 am

I may be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure that a program that lets you re-mic things from different angles and different distances in different rooms would be totally unique in the world of plungins.

Definitely a ridiculously useful trick in one's bag.
Martinez

Postby beingmf3 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:01 am

Martinez wrote:I may be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure that a program that lets you re-mic things from different angles and different distances in different rooms would be totally unique in the world of plungins.

UAD Ocean Way Rooms - providing different mics, different distances and positions of the source - are pretty neat, I have to confess :)
beingmf3

Postby Martinez » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:42 am

beingmf3 wrote:
Martinez wrote:I may be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure that a program that lets you re-mic things from different angles and different distances in different rooms would be totally unique in the world of plungins.

UAD Ocean Way Rooms - providing different mics, different distances and positions of the source - are pretty neat, I have to confess :)

I stand corrected. Well then, I'm positive that we can top UAD's efforts.
Martinez

Postby kels » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:58 am

I may be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure that a program that lets you re-mic things from different angles and different distances in different rooms would be totally unique in the world of plungins.

hi,

unless already specified, there is VirtualSoundStage2.0 by parallax-audio.

I think they have a free version fully working.

+10 for more rooms in Nebula.
kels
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Hannes_F » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:55 am

kels wrote:

hi,

unless already specified, there is VirtualSoundStage2.0 by parallax-audio.

I think they have a free version fully working.

+10 for more rooms in Nebula.

Virtual SoundStage 2 works great. And there is Ircamtools SPAT which is expensive but excellent.

Nevertheless +10 for scanning rooms and halls in Nebula if done well.
Hannes_F
User Level X
User Level X

Postby emilieitor » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:08 pm

Check his website silly, some of those are already available!!

I talk about "nebulize" only the speaker out of the amp head for use with whatever Ownhammer speaker and with virtual amp software. Existing libraries are about already micked combo amps.
emilieitor
User Level X
User Level X

Postby emilieitor » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:36 pm

That idea about a library of a reverb mics in studio is wonderful. You can try it with some existing HO mics emulations with difference distance options (N*****n U47, Royer mic, RCA mic) using these like inserts in the tracks or like fx aux.

The idea I think would be a mic getting the studio reverb, not dry, and the amount of reverb would be variable with the fader, like in "The Theather of life" library. Ad maybe, presets with fixed distance too.

It´s my opinion.
emilieitor
User Level X
User Level X

Postby richie43 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:57 pm

emilieitor wrote:I talk about "nebulize" only the speaker out of the amp head for use with whatever Ownhammer speaker and with virtual amp software. Existing libraries are about already micked combo amps.

Oops then!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: A TWEAK

Postby pleplo » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:26 am

Henry Olonga wrote:Thanks for your kind words

Hey Guys - thought I would add a few tricks for you if you are using my latest releases - seeing as I am now actually making my album with them on a daily basis :D . The original presets would require extensive updating. Anyway - it will give all your presets a new lease of life and get you closer to hardware performance. IMHO.

These tweaks are more for bedroom producers who have time to tweak and want the best possible quality and realism. Perhaps if you run a big studio and have deadlines then just use the tools as is. All of this is subjective of course. This is ART!!! :lol:

I have been going for the Peak setting most of the time in the under the hood settings but sometimes it doesn't work on too percussive material. So for example a sustained bass may sound great with the NV PRE PRO but slap funky percussive bass may sound like they are pumping in an un natural way. Part of the solution is to change the setting to RMS-17. This also applies to other presets like amps and Pres - you can choose. Basically if you have really percussive material that misbehaves then try changing the setting. It may also be that RMS-17 is preferred in most cases but to get that interesting crunchy distortion perhaps Peak is best.

Anyway - go into EDIT - EVFS - EVV TYPE and scroll through using the second fader to chose either Peak or RMS-17. You can audition and choose which ever works best on the fly. ;)

With the ENVS setting you can choose between Linear or what I am using now more and more - EXP.
Great to tweak these settings for master bus presets to find out which one works great as well :?

Add that to the option for Timed and you can really tone shape more than you imagined 8-)
They really do make a difference to the way the presets react and are too numerous for me to tweak so I leave it up to you.
My favourite is to work at 64 bit 96 khz - load the 192 khz preset and then do the tweaks. Bounce down - either 'in the box' or through hardware - or even through the SPIDF - YES there is a difference - move on - sounds great! Don't worry you don't need to keep tweaking all the time. You tweak when you hear a problem or desire a different tone.

Hi Henry! I tried your mods with the awesome NVE Pro preamp and really love what is doing with RMS 17. you can really feel being real when pushed. that compression warmth and saturation is spot on using it on every track on next mixes. saturated to taste.it makes the sound more alive and moving. really cool.
using it before Alexb MFC Mic Pre. for extra push.

cheers and thanks Henry! you are the man!
Plajia new album Piggie Park out NOW. (Pronounced plah-gee-ah) We make music, fock a genre. On Spotify and Bandcamp www.plajia.com
pleplo
User Level XI
User Level XI

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries