Login

Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Postby babiuk » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:55 pm

Drums overhead would be great for getting vintage drum recording sounds otherwise we can not have ITB(At least for our recorded drums, I mean you can use Vsti but they use their own drum sounds). One standing over kit and one for bassdrum(far enough to get leakage) would be a perfect choice for old jazz sound and RnR too. They used to do it just with 2 or 3 mics.

I think you can even send main drums and part of other instruments(leakage) to these microphones so it get a "same room" sound in a brand new approachment which other plugins can not do
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Terilem » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:13 pm

Couldn't be more ecstatic and supportive of this plan; I've long been hoping that someone would bring real orchestral spaces a la VSL MIR to Nebula. If Theater of Life is any indication, this has the potential to raise the bar for virtual orchestras by quite a bit.

Can't wait!
Terilem
User Level I
User Level I

Postby emilieitor » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:47 pm

Henry,"nebulize" some amp head please, we need it!. Vox AC30, Fender Twin Reverb, Roland JC-120, Peavey 5150 y Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier overall!
emilieitor
User Level X
User Level X

Postby richie43 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:10 pm

emilieitor wrote:Henry,"nebulize" some amp head please, we need it!. Vox AC30, Fender Twin Reverb, Roland JC-120, Peavey 5150 y Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier overall!

Check his website silly, some of those are already available!!
The high-gain is still not doable in Nebula as far as I know. but the clean stuff is there.

Read Swan's last post in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=28435&p=77582#p77582
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:19 pm

Terilem wrote:Couldn't be more ecstatic and supportive of this plan; I've long been hoping that someone would bring real orchestral spaces a la VSL MIR to Nebula. If Theater of Life is any indication, this has the potential to raise the bar for virtual orchestras by quite a bit.

Can't wait!

My thoughts exactly.The trick is to get some nice sounding rooms.

Tested everything today in the lounge for stability and everything is ready for launch. Had to build a mini PC using a Gigabyte Brix i3. Great price for what it does and the DPC latency is about 300 or so without a single spike over. The easiest PC build I have done ever - period. This is my first PC purchase in years - didn't realise how good these Intel chips were now. Wow. Chuffed to bits - rock solid and stable without a single dropout at DXD rates. Fits in the palm of your hand. And the results - phenomenal!!! Takes some getting used to actually. It's so smooth that it feels kinda wrong to ears that are used to a bit of grit. :?.

I also did a test between the GML pres and the BG1 to see which I preferred. Man the BG1 can expose stuff deep in the background. I can see why folk who work in classical and jazz rave about them. And seeing as I want to hear into the deep parts - BG1 it is. Earthworks QTC50 matched pair. Resolution doesn't get much better than this. That's it - tested some quassi Binaural stuff and it is incredible as well. Man I haven't had this much fun thinking of the possibilities of a nebula library. :D . I think this series will be my really high value to many of you...........speak soon
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:23 pm

emilieitor wrote:Henry,"nebulize" some amp head please, we need it!. Vox AC30, Fender Twin Reverb, Roland JC-120, Peavey 5150 y Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier overall!

I have a JCM 900 up. Gabriel Scruff likes it. Once this series is begun I will look at other requests but I have my hands full in the nexct few weeks. Amp heads are on the list - I have done a few cabs of course as Richie pointed out. ;)
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:24 pm

Exactly what I am aiming for.

;)

Martinez wrote:It's funny you guys should be talking about this.
I was just thinking the other day how nice it would be to have spaces that weren't reverbs necessarily but rather dry spaces that could just add air to something like a virtual instrument.

Sometimes you or someone else records something to close or on the wrong angle, and you wish you could re-record it from a different angle or darker. That would be a very cool idea.

Sometimes you don't want a reverb, you just want to put something in a different space.

I hope all that make sense. I've just rolled out of bed LOL!
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:27 pm

Reverbs pose a challenge of course. You need good gear, not too much noise around ( tricky to get a big wide quite building all to yourself ), patience and nice rooms. I hope the experimenting is over - time to do this thing
:lol:
mathias wrote:great to hear you are on to real rooms, henry!

i was always interested in real rooms when sampling with nat, but time is not there at the moment for me, to go deeper into that.

looking forward to your experiments!
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:28 pm

Yep,
Just a little bit under everything can add a touch of realism to place everything in the same space.Coming your way soon

ianc wrote:It's what I've been telling my friends, why would you want emulations of emulations when you can get the real thing, so your new direction interests me.
Some rooms that you can add to a master to just give it a little lift and put it all in the same space is what I'm missing at the moment, they'd be very short responses if my experiments with reverbs in this area are anything to go by
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:30 pm

Two mics only for this one but I hear ya. Next time I may take the mixer and throw in a kick mic.

babiuk wrote:Drums overhead would be great for getting vintage drum recording sounds otherwise we can not have ITB(At least for our recorded drums, I mean you can use Vsti but they use their own drum sounds). One standing over kit and one for bassdrum(far enough to get leakage) would be a perfect choice for old jazz sound and RnR too. They used to do it just with 2 or 3 mics.

I think you can even send main drums and part of other instruments(leakage) to these microphones so it get a "same room" sound in a brand new approachment which other plugins can not do
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries