Login

Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Postby mtalavera » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:51 pm

emilieitor wrote:
he links do not work as I think the URL was truncated. Can you repost the links again?

Of course:

For preamp tubes use this library:

http://cdsoundmaster.com/site/cds-softw ... tcneb.html

(note: you have free stuff in "FREE VTC Programs")

For poweramp tubes these:

http://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.ph ... ath=122_87

And these speakers emulations:

http://www.ownhammer.com/store/

We would need the eq section of each amp model with its own sonic signature, and it can get from eq section of Vox Valvetronix and its different models. In the case we haven´t the eq emulation of a model amp specific could use other with similar sound.

The correct way to use the chain is use the same type of tubes of preamp/ poweramp of the real amp model. In the preamp tubes is not important the number of tubes, with a instance of a preset with a simple 12AX7 tube emulation is enough for all model of amps with that type of tubes in the preamp, but in the poweramp is important the number of tubes too, 2x-4x-6x, you´d need a or emulation of a specific number of a type of tube in the poweramp, for example 2x6L6, 4xEL34, ... You can use one or more instance for it.

I would highly suggest starting a new topic for this conversation as I am very much interested in this and have a few more questions about how to go about building a guitar chain. I have the CDSM tube library already.

emilieitor, do you think you can start a new topic so we don't hijack this one too much more as this is technically Hentry's thread about his products? :)
mtalavera

Postby jorismak » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:52 pm

And remember that OwnHammer has 'pretty' much given up on Nebula programs since it takes too much time. You gotta work with what is available right now basically (which is still a lot :)).
jorismak

Postby emilieitor » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:40 pm

emilieitor, do you think you can start a new topic so we don't hijack this one too much more as this is technically Hentry's thread about his products?

I could do a little guide even, but I would need the Nebula library/ libraries of the eq section.

About the preamp I use a instance of 12AX7 of CDSoundmaster VTC in amps that use this type of tube in the preamp, and I use other instance of 12AU7 tube emulation too if amp have it together 12AX7, like in some Ampeg bass amps. We would need 12AT7 too for some amp models (Fender, ...), but VTC don´t have this.

The preamp presets of amps from Producer Pack 2 from Cdsoundmaster don´t work well. This library of Tim of presets with preamp (one 12Ax7) + eq together of Selmet amp work well:

http://www.timpetherick.co.uk/downloads ... -and-bass/

But the best would be different instances for each thing, preamp - eq - poweramp. A very good idea would be a library of the preamp section with emulations of these options: solid-state/1 x 12AX7/2 x 12AX7/3 x 12AX7/4 x 12AX7/5 x 12AX7 tubes (even could select different options moving the fader of Nebula), with this we would cover a lot of preamp amps, apart if the amp model have rectifier tubes and other type of tubes in the preamp. Maybe it could be included apart in other instance together 12AX7, I think with 2 x 12AU7 and 2 x 12AT7 presets/ options would be enough, there are very few amps with rectifier tubes, I think Vox AC30, Mesa Boggie Dual/ Triple Rectifier, Fender Bassman, ... the rectifier tubes are less important in my opinion.

About the poweramp, there is a lot of stuff in Ownhammer page, we would need 2 x EL84 tubes and 4 x EL84 tubes too, maybe KT66 stuff only for vintage Marshall Plexi (Tim could make that library), maybe 6550 tubes for bass amps. Tim have this great library of a pair of EL34 powearamp:

http://www.timpetherick.co.uk/downloads ... expansion/

A very good idea would be make a library of a Randall RT2 or VHT Fryette 2/90/2...

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/RT250

http://fryette.com/poweramps.html

...with different options of poweramp tubes. Why this hardware for do it?. Because it can be stereo, and the virtual amp simulator software is stereo too, the other reason is this hardware have parameters like density, depht, presence, etc... that let adjust the color of the tubes to virtual amp emulatior and let change the color in the case that you use the same poweramp preset in a DAW project when you use a pair (or more) amp models that have the same poweramp set, the parameters let change the color tubes for each one.

The options/ presets of poweramp tubes we would need for cover all amp models would be: 2 x 6V6/ 2 X 6L6/ 4 X 6L6/ 2 X EL34/ 4 X EL34/ 2 X EL84/ 4 x EL84, this would be the most important and would cover a lot of amps, and 2 x KT77 and 4 x KT77 for Diezel amps, 2 x KT66 and 4 x KT66 for vintage Marshall Plexi, and a solid-state option for Randall amp heads and Roland JC-120 and other few amps. Maybe 6550 tubes option too. For get the poweramp of 6 tubes is easy using a 4x instance and 2x instance (or three 2x sometimes) together in the chain.
emilieitor
User Level X
User Level X

Postby richie43 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:03 pm

emilieitor

Start a new thread please.... You are still hijacking Henry's thread, silly. :D
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby darkskar » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:39 pm

I agree with the others that better create another thread to discuss that topic Emilieitor, anyway great ideas!
There is much to explore in this field with Nebula.
darkskar
User Level III
User Level III

Postby emilieitor » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:01 pm

Start a new thread please.... You are still hijacking Henry's thread, silly.

The thread finish here.

We talk about Henry products again.
emilieitor
User Level X
User Level X

Postby emilieitor » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:22 pm

emilieitor wrote:
Start a new thread please.... You are still hijacking Henry's thread, silly.

The thread finish here.

We talk about Henry products again.
emilieitor
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Henry Olonga » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:06 pm

Hi again guys,
Whew after a while away from the forum I finally have something new for you - well it is old - but redone. I had done it before but had to pull it because of a mixup.

Sampled in DXD quality ( 384 kHz for superior impulse response - snap, crack and smack have never been easier ) :D

Henry Olonga releases – Mic Locker Sure Ess-M-57

http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=henry-olonga-mic-locker-sure-ess-m-57

This microphone is a staple in any high end studio or professional application - great on acoustic instruments, it allows them to cut through with minimum effort. I sampled this in a DIY anechoic chamber that was a real pain to put together. Sampled at low gain I may redo it at high gain - we'll see. This means that the further perspectives will lose significant low end as one moves further from the source. These samplings have an exceptional impulse response so use if you wish to add crack or smack to loose instruments. Also beefs up limp recordings with the close perspectives that use the proximity effect. Great on vocals, snare drum, acoustic guitar and many others, allow this Nebula sampling to tighten your tracks or add a recognisable dynamic mic flavour. I have sampled it through my staple GML preamp for absolute transparency. If you want to use one of my sampled preamps to add some more flavour then go for it - place the preamp after the Mic
A massive £1. Return customers with points can get it for half price. ;)
Enjoy

I will start working on the outstanding amps soon.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby pleplo » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:12 pm

Go Henry Go for the amps :) if you can resamples classics with the new sampling technic that would be awesome!

keep it up and thanks for the hard work!
Plajia new album Piggie Park out NOW. (Pronounced plah-gee-ah) We make music, fock a genre. On Spotify and Bandcamp www.plajia.com
pleplo
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby SWANG » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:19 am

...aaaaand it's mine!!!

thanks so much, henry! 8-)
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries