Login

Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Postby lipa » Tue May 29, 2012 9:34 am

You should try tape vol3 30ips (high bias) program for that 8-) sounds like butter!
(or 15ips if more roll off desired)

if not.. You can always use titan no eq program or minimal low boost if it's lacking for You.. ;)
lipa

Postby Martinez » Tue May 29, 2012 11:17 am

Hi Lipa, i have signaltonoizes nag tape lib which i use to death but it's not really the same.

titan just has a way of smoothing out the highs that is quite uncanny and totally unheard of in an algo plug.

I'm sure I wouldn't be the only person desiring such a lib.
Martinez

Postby Henry Olonga » Tue May 29, 2012 2:06 pm

Hi Martinez - hmmmm. Now that's food for thought and I can look into it as I think I get your meaning. Do you have specific presets you can refer to? You don't mean the hi cut settings I presume? You must mean one of the others. Help me understand. ;)

If you are losing low end have you considered using the preset you like but using a wide mastering eq plugin to bring it back in ( placed before the Titan of course)? Any good transparent eq should do especially if it has wide bands.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Martinez » Tue May 29, 2012 11:40 pm

h-man wrote:Hi Martinez - hmmmm. Now that's food for thought and I can look into it as I think I get your meaning. Do you have specific presets you can refer to? You don't mean the hi cut settings I presume? You must mean one of the others. Help me understand. ;)

If you are losing low end have you considered using the preset you like but using a wide mastering eq plugin to bring it back in ( placed before the Titan of course)? Any good transparent eq should do especially if it has wide bands.

The 1K boost does it and also the 120hz boost as well.
I could just use those to do it but it's adding eq where i don't really want any.

Before that i was just shelving off some of the highs but that's not always ideal.
Crappy top end doesn't just mean to much top end.

The titan really does soften the highs in an absoluetly amazing way!
Martinez

Postby lipa » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:25 am

hey big man, is it possible to bundle the next 5 volumes of tapes in one and release it today? :mrgreen: .. (just had to ask)..
lipa

Postby Henry Olonga » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:09 am

:o . Yowser - that's bold he he he. Not today I am afraid but I am working on the next volume plus some other stuff. Let me just say soon and leave it at that....
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:28 pm

Just got home last night so thought I would throw out a couple more here guys.

Henry Olonga releases Tape sim VOL 4.Machine 2, TAPE 2, 192 khz ( Fourth pack of 8 ) More to come………..
Based on an analog tape sim. The third in a series of 8 focused on getting you that authentic tape vibe so hard to get in the box.
http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=henry-olonga-tape-sim-for-nebula-volume-4-192-khz

Henry Olonga releases Snareator.(Pronounced Snare - ree - eighter and not 'snare eater' :D he he he).This is a library to help you get a nice snare sound.I suspect most will find the two uneq'd chain samplings the most versatile but you have 28 other eq'd presets to chose from as well.
http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=henry-olonga-nv-snareator-192-khz-only-copy

I will try to finish the tape sim libraries in the coming week so watch this space
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby babiuk » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:42 pm

Thanks for new adds.
I don´t understand clearly what kind of type are these series. I suposse they come from A***od tape emulator, but it would be useful for me to know which machine is emulated in every package. Thanks in advance anyway, Henry
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Henry Olonga » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:56 pm

Lipa has kindly attempted to answer this question on my behalf in previous posts - I of course neither deny nor confirm anything posted but if you read previous posts you will be in a better position to be informed. Be aware that the manufacturer is vague about what is what ( for legal issues presumably - and also the reason I don't enter into this discussion in depth).

But to fill in some blanks - there are four machine models and two tape models. More tape models exist but I only had access to two of them.

Perhaps in time this thread will begin to reveal the sonic textures of each library in more coherent way and the descriptions will give you a hint to determine by ear what is useful. Warm, buttery etc. Sorry I cannot be more specific. :cry:

If you ask me, the sweet spot for the tape libraries is the medium bias 15 ips settings at 96 khz. YMMV and it all depends on what you want to achieve.

192 khz libraries have a faster transient response, clearer high end, more focussed sound localisation cues and smoother sound. This means if you want a more retro less clinical, less digital tape sound then perhaps go for the 96 khz libraries.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby KP2009 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Thanks Henry Got The Henry Olonga – NV Snareator!!
Grab the tapes in a day or so..
Awesome Work!

:mrgreen:
KP2009
User Level X
User Level X

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries