Login

Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Postby kindafishy » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:23 pm

richie43 wrote:
kindafishy wrote:Indeed... should have been even more specific it seems.

A*I 2500 mojo.

:)

I think what he is getting at is that maybe Henry can work on things that are not already available from other good devs. The G2500 library from Gemini is awesome, and includes "mojo" presets as well, they are referred to as "line amp" presets (same idea, different name). The vast Nebula collection available already has many duplicates, which is all good. But if it were up to me (which it isn't, of course), I'd rather see devs like Henry sample things that are not available at all yet. Plus, as more devs repeat each other's work, this drives up unnecessary competition AND keeps other gear off of sample roster (again, just my opinion). Have you tried the Gemini library. Not only does it have amazing "mojo" prestes, but it has extremely well done COMPRESSOR presets.

Got it, thank you!

I would also rather see sampling of things that are not available yet. I didn't realize that the G2500 had a similar concept.

Nebula compressor programs, however, absolutely do not interest me in the least right now, to the point where I can sincerely say that I don't care how good they sound, I won't use them.

When compressors start coming out in Aqcua format, however, that changes everything, and I will very, very likely be all in. My biggest wishes for Aqcua compressors are A*I 2500, Fairchild 670 and N**e 33609.

Those three compressors, all done to perfection using Nebula technology represent the holy grail as far as I'm concerned. I would hazard a guess that whoever gets those right, in Acqua form, will completely rock the plugin world.
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby richie43 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:26 pm

kindafishy wrote:Nebula compressor programs, however, absolutely do not interest me in the least right now, to the point where I can sincerely say that I don't care how good they sound, I won't use them.

To each their own, I guess. But why? You won't use them no matter how good they sound? That's silly, isn't the SOUND what it's about.....? Nebula already has really nice versions of all of the comps you mentioned (Gemini, Cupwise, and Cupwise, in the order you listed). And they happen to be 3 of the finest compressors in any format, in my opinion.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby kindafishy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:47 am

richie43 wrote:To each their own, I guess. But why? You won't use them no matter how good they sound? That's silly, isn't the SOUND what it's about.....?

Clearly not, otherwise there wouldn't be people with opinions like mine. Sound is 1/2 of it. Okay, perhaps 3/4 of it. The rest is user experience.

Please don't call my opinions silly. They are not. They are very well thought out. People can arrive in completely different places when considering the same factors in an intelligent and cognizant manner, Rich. That's okay.

richie43 wrote:Nebula already has really nice versions of all of the comps you mentioned (Gemini, Cupwise, and Cupwise, in the order you listed). And they happen to be 3 of the finest compressors in any format, in my opinion.

That's great. I'm excited about the possibility that they might show up in Acqua plugin form, if that is being considered.

As it stands, Waves 2500 and IK Multimedia 670 and 33609 have my hard earned money and I love using them.

Why? They sound fantastic, and each of them have perfect form and function. They look, feel, control and react as they should.

Rich, I have seen you talk about the trade off that Nebula users are willing to make for the sound quality. I get it. I truly do. However, you also need to consider the other side of that equation. There are many people who are willing to accept less than what Nebula can deliver in terms of sound quality for a better user experience. Dare I say that there are far, far many more of the latter than the former.

In my opinion, and I sincerely hope the general plugin buying public agrees, Acqua changes everything. I'm drinking the Nebula kool-aid, man. I really am. I just want my cake too.
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby richie43 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:25 am

I hear ya kindafishy. I didn't mean anything bad by anything I said. Whatever woks for you is the best thing for you, indeed. Sorry if you felt attacked. I think I need to take some time off of the forum world entirely, I seem to be getting into these same types of discussions quite frequently lately. Have fun and make awesome music with whatever tools you use. I have my share of 'algo" plugins that I consider important to my work, so I am not a TOTAL fanboy.... Cheers.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Wed May 14, 2014 10:58 pm

Hi Guys,
I FINALLY got round to creating an emulation preset list for all you guys who want to know what hardware is in store - particularly useful to the guys who have the all you can eat bundle.

Get it here

http://www.nebulapresets.com/Nebulapresets_Emulation_preset.pdf

Also updated the one on the front page

This took a while to compile by the way. ;)
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby dagovitsj » Thu May 15, 2014 1:26 am

Very, very nice, Henry!
Thanks a lot ;)
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby dacaveprods » Thu May 15, 2014 6:36 am

Thanx Henry...
dacaveprods

Postby jorismak » Thu May 15, 2014 10:41 am

learned something by just reading the first page of that PDF. Thanks for doing this!

I recently 'rediscovered' all the good stuff in it, this helps even more to get more use out of it!

edit: that being said, I still don't get the difference between the 176Mojo and the UA76 Mojo.
jorismak

Postby botus99 » Thu May 15, 2014 8:59 pm

jorismak wrote:I still don't get the difference between the 176Mojo and the UA76 Mojo.

Isn't the 176 a Retro 1176 and the UA76 is one of the U*******l A***o 1176's? Correct me if I'm wrong :oops:
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Fri May 16, 2014 12:21 am

Spot on! :D
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries