Login

Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Postby zwatrif » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:06 pm

I'm confirming this same preset problem.

RJHollins wrote:To confirm ... the screen shot from Richie highlights the problem preset I have.

All others seem fine from this new library [and sound good!] 8-)

Thanks for checking it out!
zwatrif
User Level V
User Level V

Postby Henry Olonga » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:32 pm

Hi Indelible,
I suggest that you record at -12 dBs peaking, use the G-drive to find the sweet spot on a track by track basis and use the input fader to add or subtract gain. I also don't suggest that you pre- render blind with the PRO stuff. You now have 25 dBs of gain range in tiny increments. The sound will change plenty from clean to by the time it gets to it's limits.
A*I is kinda clean and subtle and does not have the N**e distortion, so the wow factor comes after you have mixed many tracks together IMHO. Perhaps I need to give it another go but hitting the preamp VERY, VERY hard. We will see. But it has a sound and it is best at the lower settings and mid range of the G-drive I reckon - but experiment. The 550a adds a lot of vibe to the sound so eq your sound to bring out the colour. But since I did not use any 550a tweaks it needs bringing out - the signal passed through it. Sooooooooooooo - add the strip, add and eq after - any eq but I recommend DMG audio's Equilibrium which has a great 550a emulation that I love. Boost a few dBs at around 3k -5k. Bypass the strip. You should hear what it adds that way. ;)

I am currently working on an impulse response set that will make you go wow though. :P
Treat the G-drive with respect - no sudden movements - smooth - just like on real hardware. Fast movements are asking for blown eardrums or Tinnitus.
I sample everything at 192 kHz. Done all my own tests. Beaten that horse to death here. There are pros and cons of doing it this way against Native - the differences exist but are subtle and in the end a developer has to determine what flavour they want. I prefer 192 kHz down sampled. I think it performs better for the sound I am after. Clear, smooth, defined, with space and air. I don't know.... that sort of thing.
Yes I plan on resampling all the tools I can access again - It's taken me a long time to master NAT. I think I know what I am doing now...... ;).I hope......

indelible wrote:Hi Henry.I bought the NV Pro and the Strip Pro.The NV is fantastic so many uses.I never been happy with the previous release.I don't get the same 'wow' effect with the Strip.I try to put it on a quick mix.Seven tracks.The strip preset on every track with the G-Drive set to -30 and the Out preset on the master buss.When I render the file I wasn't happy with result.After bringing the gain up about 3-4 dB things sound good.So level matching is very important here.I have some questions for you:

1)Gain staging?-6dB peaking as other libraries or 0VU?

2)There are some cpu spikes and audio peaks when moving the G-Drive up or down but maybe this is normal

3)When you sample the units the 96000 and 41000 versions are sampled separately or they are just downsampled?

4)Are you planning to release a Pro version of the La-2a and 1176 mojo series?
Last edited by Henry Olonga on Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:36 pm

Problem solved......... I hope..... :D

http://www.nebulapresets.com/Henry_Olonga_670_Mojo_FIX.zip

Please use your original information for this fix. Please confirm that it is fixed if you have experienced this issue.

zwatrif wrote:I'm confirming this same preset problem.

RJHollins wrote:To confirm ... the screen shot from Richie highlights the problem preset I have.

All others seem fine from this new library [and sound good!] 8-)

Thanks for checking it out!
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:40 pm

Hey Emilieitor,
All in good time. Getting this stuff out takes patient attention and I have no helpers like Santa :lol:. Seriously - this stuff requires time to put together - my eyes and fingers get tired. I have other mics planned for sure but I have AMPS that will take up a lot of the next few days and weeks. I have your list and they will definitely come next - don't know when.

emilieitor wrote:Hi Henry

I´m happy with your new products, but I thought that there would be some microphones emulations. I think that it´s necessary some mic emulation more for all Nebula community, and you´re the only third-partie that make it!!

In my modest opinion, a good list of new mics could be:

-Akg c414
-Shure SM57
-Neumann KM84/ KM184
-Electrovoice RE20
-Beyerdinamic M160
-Senheisser 609/ 906
-AKG D112
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:08 am

Announcing a few more goodies.

After receiving many request for this - here it is

Henry Olonga Releases the all you can eat USB Memory Bundle Basic. Includes the price of memory and shipping. Tones to rival a high end studio. 2 months free new products after purchase. 44.1 kHz only.
URL: http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=henry-olonga-can-eat-usb-memory-studio-bundle-basic

Henry Olonga Releases the all you can eat USB Memory Bundle. Includes the price of memory and shipping. Tones to rival a high end studio. 2 months free new products after purchase. 96 khz and 44.1 kHz only.
URL: http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=henry-olonga-can-eat-usb-memory-studio-bundle

Henry Olonga Releases the all you can eat SSD Bundle. Includes the price of memory and shipping. Tones to rival a high end studio. 6 months free new products after purchase. Premium product with all sample rates and ready to plug and play.
URL: http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=henry-olonga-can-eat-ssd-bundle
Henry Olonga releases APG RVR AMP Pro - Ampeg Reverberocket emulation. When you want a warm presentation.
URL : http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=henry-olonga-apg-rvr-amp-pro-96khz

:D
Last edited by Henry Olonga on Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:36 am

Henry Olonga wrote:Problem solved......... I hope..... :D

Downloaded & tested ... Working! :D

Thanks Henry !

I really like where you've taken the PRO level to 8-)

A side question please,

I had purchased the 1st release of the 670 MOJO ... my thought is that I can pull those out of my library stash, and just use the PRO release ?? Make sense ??

Thanks again.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:05 pm

Hey Rj,
Thanks for confirmation of that. I reckon the Stereo upgrade to the 670 makes the older version more or less obsolete but it can still be useful. The Pro is just so much better IMHO. I would move on personally but you always have it.

RJHollins wrote:
Henry Olonga wrote:Problem solved......... I hope..... :D

Downloaded & tested ... Working! :D

Thanks Henry !

I really like where you've taken the PRO level to 8-)

A side question please,

I had purchased the 1st release of the 670 MOJO ... my thought is that I can pull those out of my library stash, and just use the PRO release ?? Make sense ??

Thanks again.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby emilieitor » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:53 pm

Hey Emilieitor,
All in good time. Getting this stuff out takes patient attention and I have no helpers like Santa :lol:. Seriously - this stuff requires time to put together - my eyes and fingers get tired. I have other mics planned for sure but I have AMPS that will take up a lot of the next few days and weeks. I have your list and they will definitely come next - don't know when.

Thanks!! ;)
emilieitor
User Level X
User Level X

Postby indelible » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:54 am

Henry Olonga wrote:Hi Indelible,
I suggest that you record at -12 dBs peaking, use the G-drive to find the sweet spot on a track by track basis and use the input fader to add or subtract gain. I also don't suggest that you pre- render blind with the PRO stuff. You now have 25 dBs of gain range in tiny increments. The sound will change plenty from clean to by the time it gets to it's limits.
A*I is kinda clean and subtle and does not have the N**e distortion, so the wow factor comes after you have mixed many tracks together IMHO. Perhaps I need to give it another go but hitting the preamp VERY, VERY hard. We will see. But it has a sound and it is best at the lower settings and mid range of the G-drive I reckon - but experiment. The 550a adds a lot of vibe to the sound so eq your sound to bring out the colour. But since I did not use any 550a tweaks it needs bringing out - the signal passed through it. Sooooooooooooo - add the strip, add and eq after - any eq but I recommend DMG audio's Equilibrium which has a great 550a emulation that I love. Boost a few dBs at around 3k -5k. Bypass the strip. You should hear what it adds that way. ;)

I am currently working on an impulse response set that will make you go wow though. :P
Treat the G-drive with respect - no sudden movements - smooth - just like on real hardware. Fast movements are asking for blown eardrums or Tinnitus.
I sample everything at 192 kHz. Done all my own tests. Beaten that horse to death here. There are pros and cons of doing it this way against Native - the differences exist but are subtle and in the end a developer has to determine what flavour they want. I prefer 192 kHz down sampled. I think it performs better for the sound I am after. Clear, smooth, defined, with space and air. I don't know.... that sort of thing.
Yes I plan on resampling all the tools I can access again - It's taken me a long time to master NAT. I think I know what I am doing now...... ;).I hope......

indelible wrote:Hi Henry.I bought the NV Pro and the Strip Pro.The NV is fantastic so many uses.I never been happy with the previous release.I don't get the same 'wow' effect with the Strip.I try to put it on a quick mix.Seven tracks.The strip preset on every track with the G-Drive set to -30 and the Out preset on the master buss.When I render the file I wasn't happy with result.After bringing the gain up about 3-4 dB things sound good.So level matching is very important here.I have some questions for you:

1)Gain staging?-6dB peaking as other libraries or 0VU?

2)There are some cpu spikes and audio peaks when moving the G-Drive up or down but maybe this is normal

3)When you sample the units the 96000 and 41000 versions are sampled separately or they are just downsampled?

4)Are you planning to release a Pro version of the La-2a and 1176 mojo series?

Thanks for the info Henry
indelible
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby botus99 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:59 pm

Hi Henry!

Quick question: Do you know/remember which version of the 421 you used to sample? 421 II, 521, U4, etc?

I've been falling in love with using your mic emulations on my overheads (u87/67, 121, km54) and on my vocals btw! :mrgreen:
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries