Login

Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Postby Henry Olonga » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:51 am

Hey Guys,
Will look at the issues giving problems on Monday. :cry:
There are some major differences with Pro versions. These are literally pushing NAT to the absolute limits in every way I can. I cannot even use the standard NAT to deconvolve as the files are so large. These are the best of what I can offer and supersede all earlier attempts. So they are not updates but Upgrades. One can never get too much of the major classic Tones - N**e, A*I, S*L etc.
All earlier editions of my samplings covered 23 layers in 1 dB steps and not all were 192 khz. The Pro Versions are All sampled at 192 kHz with sweeps that are much longer for greater precision in 0.5 dB steps over 55 layers. Basically represents the hardware in finer degrees - when you use the G-drive from -30 dBs through to +30 you can really sweep through a broader range of the tones available. The Distorted stuff coming out will be sampled at 0.2 db increments also over a 55 layer range. In other words giving you about 11 dbs of real range into warmth/distortion. This gives a better representation of what the hardware can do. For the more difficult I may try 0.1 dBs and see how that goes but that gives a very small range of about 5.5 dBs But that should still work fine on hardware that doesn't distort much for example solid state stuff. This does mean you want to hit the distorted presets quite hard.
Bottom line, if you are happy with stuff I did a while back then walk on by - but if you want to upgrade your tones to the best I will ever do - the new stuff is for you. It is the best I can extract with my current setup and dare I say it - the best Nebula can theoretically deliver short of going DXD rates.
The cool thing is that with the Pro stuff you can now literally get three or so colours in one preset. At low G-drive settings you get the clean and bright at medium settings you get the standard flavour and at max you get the distorted. In the past I would sample a High, Medium and low sampling. Now it is all in one preset. I have also had to drop the file format from 64 bit to 32 bit to pack it all in.
TCS Pro has three sections. Full strip is from preamp to output. The Output section is just the output for Master bus duties. These two are bundled together. TCS Distorted is separate and gives you a fat Master bus and it is the strip from Pre to output. It has a range of 8 dbs and is the first of my high performance distortion presets - Great for mastering and Master bus duties. If you place the full strip on your tracks and the Distorted on your master bus it will be like tracking on your 1608 and playing back out through the 1608 to a Master recorder. For a really fat track - Place the Distorted on each track and on the master bus. May get a bit beefy though but you will love it he he he. If you never thought A*I can do the Fat warm thing - think again. If you get DMG Equilibrium with the A*I 550 preset you are good to go at mimicking a full on virtual 1608 minus a bit of grit and noise. Not kidding- and not bad for about the cost of a meal out in the city. Use an EQ after the presets and you will smile. For even more of the standard A*I sound place the OUT on the Master bus and have the strips with the G-drive at the minimum. These are not subtle console emus you cannot hear - these make the little guy sound awesome who ever you are and no matter what quality your studio gear. With a bit of vision, patience and planning you can get exceptional results. If you work at 96 kHz try the 192 kHz presets in your projects. You may like them - more Hi-fi. Use 44.1khz to get a slightly more bassy response. :D . Hope that helps. ;)
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby deehope » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:14 am

Any chance of an sta level still?
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Henry Olonga » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:53 pm

Hey Deehope,
If I can get one I will give it a go but that's a piece I would have to hunt for.
I may buy the Drip electronics kit and put one together. Have one of their boards already and am working towards the build.
No promises though and another developer may well do it.
Best wishes
Henry
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:01 pm

Guys unfortunately I cannot replicate that behaviour here,
Also You did not mention which Constant - just that it was -3.
Looked at the files and they seem fine as well. Checked the program and Vector files on my side as well. A bit stumped really.
Could you guys do the old trick of emptying the temp folder and deleting the ~scanboot.xml file and report back please?
Could be a corrupted file on upload so I will wait to hear back from you before I proceed to re-zip and upload.
Cheers
Henry

richie43 wrote:
RJHollins wrote:Hi Henry,

Picked up the latest 670 Pro Stereo library. I having a problem with the patch 'Fairchid Stereo Con -3 dBs @ 44.1'. Trying to load it goes to INIT.

All other patches load fine.

BTW ... this really helps the IK 670 plugin. Finally I can actually make use of these compressors in a musical way.

Thanks for looking into this!
8-)

Likewise here.....you need to fire your testers :roll: ..... Oh wait, forget that....... :mrgreen:
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:18 pm

I already deleted temp and scan~boot, always first thing I try to "fix" anything.
Attachments
This is the init preset.png
This is the init preset.png (114.79 KiB) Viewed 767 times
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:31 pm

Okay Riche,
Thanks for that. Will have a look but as I said it seems to load fine here. Will replace the file tonight and upload it to the updates page. Another one for you -

Henry Olonga Releases Man Var Moo Mojo Pro. For that fat, smooth warm Manleeeee thang URL: http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=henry-olonga-vari-mu-mojo-pro-192-khz
:D
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:29 am

To confirm ... the screen shot from Richie highlights the problem preset I have.

All others seem fine from this new library [and sound good!] 8-)

Thanks for checking it out!
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:02 am

Henry Olonga wrote:Okay Riche,
Thanks for that. Will have a look but as I said it seems to load fine here. Will replace the file tonight and upload it to the updates page.

Did you check the actual package that is uploaded? I suppose even IF you never fixed it, for the pennies all of your libraries cost, it still an amazing bargain and sounds awesome.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby indelible » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:45 pm

Hi Henry.I bought the NV Pro and the Strip Pro.The NV is fantastic so many uses.I never been happy with the previous release.I don't get the same 'wow' effect with the Strip.I try to put it on a quick mix.Seven tracks.The strip preset on every track with the G-Drive set to -30 and the Out preset on the master buss.When I render the file I wasn't happy with result.After bringing the gain up about 3-4 dB things sound good.So level matching is very important here.I have some questions for you:

1)Gain staging?-6dB peaking as other libraries or 0VU?

2)There are some cpu spikes and audio peaks when moving the G-Drive up or down but maybe this is normal

3)When you sample the units the 96000 and 41000 versions are sampled separately or they are just downsampled?

4)Are you planning to release a Pro version of the La-2a and 1176 mojo series?
indelible
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby emilieitor » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:55 pm

Hi Henry

I´m happy with your new products, but I thought that there would be some microphones emulations. I think that it´s necessary some mic emulation more for all Nebula community, and you´re the only third-partie that make it!!

In my modest opinion, a good list of new mics could be:

-Akg c414
-Shure SM57
-Neumann KM84/ KM184
-Electrovoice RE20
-Beyerdinamic M160
-Senheisser 609/ 906
-AKG D112
emilieitor
User Level X
User Level X

PreviousNext