Login

Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Postby Henry Olonga » Sat May 26, 2012 1:37 am

No worries Martinez, its all good. Didn't take it the wrong way at all. Just wanted to suggest my reasons. Have a nice one and let me know what tones you would like to get itb and I will put them on the list. :D
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Mplay » Sat May 26, 2012 10:49 am

h-man wrote:Hey Mplay,

Sale back on. Just for you!! Better be quick.

Thanks h-man! Just picked it up
Mplay

Postby lipa » Sat May 26, 2012 11:48 pm

thanks Henry!! :D Bought tape vol3 and I'm very anxious to try out the new libs too (670 mojo and kick)..but I'm back in studio on monday..to all - have a nice weekend! :)
lipa

Postby cdsoundmaster » Sun May 27, 2012 10:08 pm

Hi Martinez,

I just wanted to say that what Henry is doing with the Fairchild is definitely the right way to go!
Having the layered, spectral and harmonic coloration of the unit is the most valuable thing that can be sampled in Neb. Using this with any decent software approximation algo will give you such a close character to the original. Sampling the actual 670 as a compressor in Neb would result in some very inaccurate artifacts, and although it would be named for what it emulates, you would get something much better by combining an excellent Fairchild preamp program with an already successful emulation algo.
Neb can do some wonderful things with compression, but you would not be getting what you are looking for with the Fairchild as a comp program. I'd imagine Henry's program ahead of the UA 670 and as mentioned, the T-Rax, would be amazing.

Congrats on this release, Henry! :-)

martinez wrote:Hi Henry, i was in no way trying rain on your parade or complaining like some people here do, i was just a little sad that we wouldn't have the compression side of things as well.

I fully understand why you want to stay out of the compression side of things though.

I don't know what the chances of one of the other developers getting their hands on a fairchild to sample.
And if you did decide to sample the compression side of it the engine will be getting an update for sure soonish.

P.S.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Much appreciated.
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby sneaky » Mon May 28, 2012 6:01 am

what machine does the new volume emulate? tape information?
sneaky

Postby Mplay » Mon May 28, 2012 10:27 am

Wow, I'm very impressed! Almost couldn't believe my how much weight I could add with your programs. The quick kick and bootsified really made me feel the kick and bass, something that I wouldn't have thought possible with just one program. Great job Henry!
Mplay

Postby lipa » Mon May 28, 2012 3:14 pm

we won't be sure which machine is which until all volumes are released.. only then by comparision we can manage to sort it out.. :cry:
BUT the new volume 3 (i can only guess it's Studer A800 with GP9 tape) sounds soooo creaaammyyy.. mmmmm 8-) love it!!
lipa

Postby Henry Olonga » Mon May 28, 2012 3:16 pm

Hey Sneaky,

Check out Lipas first post on machines and tapes - naturally cannot say too much as this is not vintage gear :oops: . Basically the manufacturer is mum on what is being emulated but the SOS article gives insight.

H

Lipa must have posted above as I was typing he he he
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Mon May 28, 2012 6:27 pm

Mplay,

Thanks for the positive feedback. I am working on some more similiar quick mix tools as we speak. I hope you will like them. :)

Best wishes,
H
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Martinez » Tue May 29, 2012 9:07 am

Hi Henry, you said something about making requests for what libraries we would like to see?
Maybe it was just my over active imagination.

Something I would like to see would be a very useful library indeed.

I've noticed that when i apply some of the presets from your titan eq library that it really softens the highs in quite an amazing way.

I'm wondering if you might be able to come up with a library that is for this in particular?

I could just use the titan eq to do this but it also seems to suck some of the low end out as well.
It would be good if you could come up with something that only softens the highs without effecting the other frequencies.

This would be a great tool for vocals that have been recorded using cheap chinese or Australian mics.
But not just that but anything where the highs are kind of shrill or there is digital nastiness or thinness of any kind.
Martinez

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries