Login

Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Postby lipa » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:32 pm

Hope Your doing well Henry, we did a meditation devoted for Your health here in my town :)
Veery exciting news about all those new libraries! Great idea with that Stevie Wonder library! :P
lipa

Postby SWANG » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:21 pm

lipa wrote: Great idea with that Stevie Wonder library! :P

uh, what?! are you joking? let me at it!!! :o :shock:
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby lipa » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:24 pm

..well.. hope it's no secret.. I saw it up in Henrys' shop yesterday for a couple of hours. It's called Superstition song quick mix library covering all instruments equed as they were in original song by Stevie Wonder (it's supposed to be mixed on A*I console).. You get 15 presets with all tracks covered (overheads, kick, snare, bass, piano, e. piano, vocals, etc.). This will be veeeeery interesting for me as well!! :)
lipa

Postby richie43 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:39 pm

lipa wrote:..well.. hope it's no secret.. I saw it up in Henrys' shop yesterday for a couple of hours. It's called Superstition song quick mix library covering all instruments equed as they were in original song by Stevie Wonder (it's supposed to be mixed on A*I console).. You get 15 presets with all tracks covered (overheads, kick, snare, bass, piano, e. piano, vocals, etc.). This will be veeeeery interesting for me as well!! :)

It was up on his site yesterday.... but it wasn't this morning for some reason..... But yes, it seems that the library does exist. :lol:
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby SWANG » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:49 am

^well, sign me up for that one! 8-)

for the record, yes, stevie recorded his early 70s work through an A*I custom to an ampex mm1000 16 track.
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Henry Olonga » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:14 am

Hey guys,
I took em all off because I have made some of the new libraries with the newest NAT which is designed to work with the newest Nebula - which hasn't been released yet. DUH! :? So already had one eager customer buy the Superstition set and cannot use it until the update for Nebula is released out wide.

Anyway - The general concept of the quick song series is that I get classic songs that I think are defining of a particular sound. This is not going to make your record sound like a hit straight away as there is a long chain for that, but is designed for speed, ease of use and instant quality results. You will still need to bring all the other elements of mixing to the table. For example the Stevie one doesn't have the tape in the chain of course. Now I know some purists will start poo pooing right there saying stuff like - every song is different and needs to be mixed from scratch, you cannot have presets for mixing etc. I know all about that. I had my own reservations.
The concept has been tried and tested by yours truly over a few months now and I can attest that - IT WORKS! What it is,is extensive listening tests and assessment to simulate the curves and hardware used in a session. That is why I have selected choice and specific pieces of hardware for my own studio so that I can simulate the sound of eras. Do remember that these are by and large gentle curves and not radical sound mangling tones. Sound on sound has been invaluable for finding out what was used in a mix. It has been one of the main projects that I have had in my heart to do. Sampling plain hardware settings is kinda plain boring but listening to classic songs and deconstructing them is pure fun. So I think I have done enough preamps,mojo, mics etc for a while.
The real excitement is when you load a kick preset from the bugs series, squash it with a Fairchild compressor VST and actually hear your kick morph into one that sorta sounds like a ringo kick. Quite scary if the instruments and arrangement are similar of course. The reassuring thing is that I have tested them across many mixes and there are two advantages - first if you are intimidated by ALL THE CHOICE of Nebula , you can just get one sound quick without having to buy a series of packs or get confused about 'which preamp should I use now'. Of course you can create chains if you whish but the CPU hit is always immense. This way you get the whole chain in one hit. Second, you get greater coherency across an album - the whole thing will sound tonaly similar and also remember the mix engineers worked hard to create space for the instruments on most classic songs so the instruments will naturally find their slot. Extra EQ will help immensely of course if there are clashes or there is something lacking. But what you get is more dimension, bite and mix that takes minutes to complete. Bring a compressor a touch of EQ and get your song sounding top notch quick.

I have the bugs series that will cover the Beatles sound - E*I amps, Stevie, Journey,= A*I, Fourplay - also A*I smooth jazz. Joshua, Judges Ruth - one of George Massenburg's greatest mixes for that clear GML sound. Elton John 70s sound. Helios 70s sound etc etc.

Can I just say that the Helios V2 has me shaking my head at how good it sounds. It really is breathtaking :shock:

:D
I have a request and am willing to give very generous discount coupons for those interested. I need 24 bit 44.1/96 kHz wav demos of tracks mixed with and without my presets and also video tutorials made of those that use my stuff. I simply haven't got the time to do so with all the stuff I do. I appreciate how much work is required to get this done and I will give some nice freebies. I will place a credit next to the media player and possibly a link if you do them for free.
Some guidelines so we can have consistency.
Firstly- if you wish to do this please e-mail me at sales ( at ) nebulapresets.com with the stuff you want to make audio or video samples for and I can compile a list to avoid duplicates.

Audio - 15 second long Audio files separate before and after files. Peak volume matched. Cover as much as you want but if it has a G-Drive ; -30,0 and +25 Dbs - or just before break up is unacceptable.
For videos stuff - Screen capture of Full screen. At Least 1280 X 720 HD. Good compressed, gated audio for voice over and record soundcard output as main recording. Try to minimise talking while playing back to allow for listeners to hear without constant interference. To clarify - no video using a camcorder pointing at a room and recording monitors using the camcorder mics. Always produces unacceptable results for critical listening.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby myimo » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:57 pm

Hi any one reading this tread know more about the new Nebula
Henry mentions.
" I have made some of the new libraries with the newest NAT which is designed to work with the newest Nebula - which hasn't been released yet."

Thanks
myimo
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby kylen » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:08 pm

Henry - re: stevie, bugs, etc. seems pretty groundbreaking to me to deconstruct actual mixes (for those of us that would appreciate it anyway) and develop a preset representing signal paths for the various instruments. I'm in when you/acustica get ready to release the product(s) again!
kylen

Postby Henry Olonga » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:41 pm

myimo wrote:Hi any one reading this tread know more about the new Nebula
Henry mentions.
" I have made some of the new libraries with the newest NAT which is designed to work with the newest Nebula - which hasn't been released yet."

Thanks

It's just an update

And let me add one more thing - if there is a sound of a song that you like and would see potential in getting close to it with my quick song series, let me know and I will add it to my list. The older less compressed songs are easier to work out of course.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby absolutman05 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:40 am

Any song off Dr. Dre The Chronic...That album sounds amazing sonically and any song off the Eden's Crush Popstars Album...if that's possible Henry. Thank You and God Bless
absolutman05
User Level 0
User Level 0

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries