Login

Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Postby richie43 » Thu May 24, 2012 7:22 pm

The download looks ok. I will let you know for sure when I unzip them Thanks a ton, good luck on the road, and I apologize for that little attachment goof.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Metalblast » Thu May 24, 2012 8:36 pm

So I have never heard a preamp signal full of pressure like with this Broadhurst Gardens with Nebula. (Quick Kick)
Of being astonished eyes...
Metalblast
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby Henry Olonga » Fri May 25, 2012 1:43 am

Cool. . . . . . . . . . . :)
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Mplay » Fri May 25, 2012 12:32 pm

Can't wait to get my hands on some of your libraries, hopefully I'm getting paid before the weekend :D.

ps. I knew the Titan would no longer beon sale, but on the titan page on your site in the shop it reads its on sale till june the 3rd. Probably fix this typo?

pps Us reaper users have the js fairchildish, Have you tried that one yet, I'd love to hear your opinion.
Mplay

Postby Martinez » Fri May 25, 2012 1:33 pm

Hey Henry, I got all excited when I saw the 670 on your site but then i discovered that it isn't as a compressor.
Is there any chance you will be sampling this in the future for it actual compression?

Please don't say no!
Martinez

Postby Henry Olonga » Fri May 25, 2012 5:00 pm

Hey Mplay,

Sale back on. Just for you!! Better be quick.

Never used the reaper js version sorry.

Henry

Mplay wrote:Can't wait to get my hands on some of your libraries, hopefully I'm getting paid before the weekend :D.

ps. I knew the Titan would no longer beon sale, but on the titan page on your site in the shop it reads its on sale till june the 3rd. Probably fix this typo?

pps Us reaper users have the js fairchildish, Have you tried that one yet, I'd love to hear your opinion.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Fri May 25, 2012 5:27 pm

Hi Martinez.

I have no plans to do a compressor version to be honest. I am focussed on tones and will leave 'actions' to other developers who want to go there. l have read it said that the compression side of Nebula is just missing the faster attacks that algorithmic emulatins do well. The mojo is there but not the envelope action. I am staying out of the compressor side of the pond. but I know that the tone of a Fairchild is worth the entry price alone even without compression. Perhaps this may appeal a bit more to the mastering guys and folks who work on soft acoustic mixes.

The T-racks emulation is very highly rated actually in its accuracy but like all things algorithmic, it has no real depth. I am fusing the best of both worlds in my package. It is something affordable enough to experiment with even if it is not your cup of tea. I am away from home but let me make a suggestion from memory. Pull up the T-racks emulation or try the demo. Set it to C1 with the threshold set to give 2 dbs compression on a master track. Not a crushed, limited, modern, loud master, but perhaps a nice dynamic mix. Load one of my Nebula presets. For obvious effect, perhaps choose the, 'deepest' setting. play and then hit bypass after a few seconds and then repeat. (Level match so that loudness is similiar of course). Perhaps then you may understand why I went this way. The algorithmic plugin offers full control of the emulation for quick repeatable and predictable changes and Lat Vert as well. No neb sampling can offer the flexibility that a vst plug can. It's just the nature of the beast. Don't forget that 10 distortion kernels count for something as well. The tone is fully preserved IMHO.

Again , I am sure that once you have heard it at work ( and it is mostly subtle not in your face - but is definitely discernible ) you will understand why it is loved. and why I went this way. It is the marriage of the best of algorithmic with best of sampling.

I have personally tried it on drums , acoustic guitar and vocals with pleasing results.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE
EDIT: It may at first appear on first loading the 670 MOJO that not a lot is going on. As usual with nebula there are a few tricks to consider. Of course I have mentioned this in the manual and might as well add it here. For the Fairchild to really impart it's sonic signature you may need to experiment for what works for you. It may be that if you are in mixing mode and want it to be heard more then place it after your Fairchild VST emulation but perhaps the mastering guys may want to add it before for less invasive texture. No rules on this.
It also reveals more colour as you push the input. Again for obvious effect crank the input to +6 and lower the output to level match when bypassed and compare.
Best wishes friend

Henry

martinez wrote:Hey Henry, I got all excited when I saw the 670 on your site but then i discovered that it isn't as a compressor.
Is there any chance you will be sampling this in the future for it actual compression?

Please don't say no!
Last edited by Henry Olonga on Mon May 28, 2012 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Definity » Fri May 25, 2012 8:07 pm

I can't wait for the fairchild, I would probably pair it will the waves one for the envelope curve and timing. When is it going to be ready?
Definity

Postby richie43 » Fri May 25, 2012 8:33 pm

Read Henry's response Definity. He just released the Fairchild as a character (Mojo) preset, but not the compression. And he has no intention doing so, and he explains it quite well in the above post.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Martinez » Fri May 25, 2012 11:50 pm

Hi Henry, i was in no way trying rain on your parade or complaining like some people here do, i was just a little sad that we wouldn't have the compression side of things as well.

I fully understand why you want to stay out of the compression side of things though.

I don't know what the chances of one of the other developers getting their hands on a fairchild to sample.
And if you did decide to sample the compression side of it the engine will be getting an update for sure soonish.

P.S.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Much appreciated.
Martinez

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries