Login

Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Postby cpwade » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:16 pm

Cool. I'd go store wide.

cheers.
Last edited by cpwade on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cpwade

Postby richie43 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:31 pm

I say go store-wide with the name your own price. And your prices are so reasonable, I wouldn't worry too much about the users who have paid "full price". Go for it.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby marcpl » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:12 pm

hi henry. i'm a big fan of your work.

since you asked for some feedback...i've been buying your libs at an almost obsessive rate. they're great and worth every penny. i plan to own them all within the next few weeks.

that being said, what i love most about your site is the consistency in pricing, the organization and the very fast and easy checkout. for example, yesterday i bought a few more of your AIR libs. i played with them for a half hour then decided to go back and buy the rest. quick and easy!

i'm personally not very interested in custom libs at the moment but i'm sure many others would be.

i guess what i'm saying is that from this customer's perspective, i wouldn't change a thing. i love the products and how they're presented on your site. i always look forward to making my next purchase.

anyway, which ever direction you decide on i'll be right there with you.

Regards,
Marco
marcpl
User Level X
User Level X

Postby richie43 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:24 pm

marcpl wrote:hi henry. i'm a big fan of your work.

since you asked for some feedback...i've been buying your libs at an almost obsessive rate. they're great and worth every penny. i plan to own them all within the next few weeks.

that being said, what i love most about your site is the consistency in pricing, the organization and the very fast and easy checkout. for example, yesterday i bought a few more of your AIR libs. i played with them for a half hour then decided to go back and buy the rest. quick and easy!

i'm personally not very interested in custom libs at the moment but i'm sure many others would be.

i guess what i'm saying is that from this customer's perspective, i wouldn't change a thing. i love the products and how they're presented on your site. i always look forward to making my next purchase.

anyway, which ever direction you decide on i'll be right there with you.

Regards,
Marco

I could have written this.....
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:59 pm

Thanks for that Marco - Unfortunately I have gone bonkers already - For a bit more time on the site, you can now make a two thirds saving on all previous charges. Basically most things are now £1 but you can be as generous as you want to be. That just about covers my bandwidth. You can add to cart with the suggested pricing if you like to save time :D. Save money versus convenience - let me know how it goes in a few days folks - if you don't like the name your own price I can always disable it. Balls in your court.
Grab the bargains while you can. I may change my mind he he he he ;)

The custom products are the way I am going to react to the file sharing conundrum. I actually do want to help democratise good sounds but it would be nice if people do pay something - as opposed to nothing. I pay a shed load of cash to go to studios and pay for access to gear. They are not cheap and most are precious about their investments. I have my own gear here as well that took many years to track down. From now on my cheap releases are likely to be very simple and sparse. Perhaps two presets at 44.1 khz. You want more? Then you pay good prices and it entails a brief wait. No copy protection from me but I must do something - I will make the new releases in the customers name. The days of getting more than ten presets per pack for peanuts at multiple sample rates are gone I am afraid. My custom packs will have a lot of detail and they will be equivalent to the old packs - so what will the new pricing be? Well I have to make it expensive enough so that I am not constantly fulfilling manual orders. And it won't cover everything in the shop. Mainly looking at guitar amps at the moment and a few other hi end pieces.

Nebula Presets | Nebulapresets
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:55 pm

I am equally saddened and over-joyed about this decision Henry. Saddened if it is a reaction to crappy pirates. Over-joyed because I have ALWAYS thought that because of the intense quality of your work (and general coolness of you!) that this is what you should have been doing all along. You have created the craving for your presets.... I have a feeling that most of us, as well as new customers, will continue to buy your products. I will without a doubt. No matter what you charge, I am sure that it will be fair for all parties since you are a man of character and quality. Cheers my friend! You have my support.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby mpodrug » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:22 pm

my jaw just dropped on the floor :o
mpodrug
User Level X
User Level X

Postby mr.tele » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:49 am

Great, Henry! I'm all caught up on your libraries, but I just donated what I could. It's the least I can do considering all of the stellar libraries I've bought from you at such low prices. I encourage everyone who can to do the same! :D
mr.tele
User Level X
User Level X

Postby cpwade » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:24 am

Cheers Henry. Donated. I will say that maybe I should have bought something.. I'll be honest, I'm not a 192k guy and I dislike Neb SRC, but as I poked around I noticed the upgrades to 44/96. Thanks! I'll be back soon!

best,

paul
cpwade

Postby Henry Olonga » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:49 am

Thanks everyone for the support and thanks Paul for donating. If you want anything after the fact just hit me up, it would be my pleasure to help you.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries