Login

Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Postby Henry Olonga » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:46 pm

deehope wrote:For the mojo files am I right in believing that all the Low Drive presets mean the input is hot with a slow release/attack but the needle is not moving or is it preset specific? Also what is the deep and deeper preset in the Fairchild 670? Thanks



Yes but about -2dbs gain reduction. Deep for the 670 was about -10 dbs gain reduction. Cannot remember which constant though he he he ;)
User avatar
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 572
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:38 am
Location: South west England

Re: Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Postby SpliffSplaff » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:54 pm

Hey...i thought these Mojos dont do any compression just adding the "vibe"?! Did i missunderstand? Anyways i like how they take out the hardness of the signal.
SpliffSplaff
User Level III
User Level III
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:46 am

Re: Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Postby Henry Olonga » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:16 pm

jimiyves wrote:Maybe it has been already said, but how do you use the preamp et mic files from Henry Olonga ?

What I wanted to do, is to use some very very neutral preamp and mic hardware, and then use the presets from Henry Olonga.

Is that good ? And what hardware can I use ?


Thanks.


Hi mate,
Not a bad way to do it if you do not already have a lot of outboard as I believe there is enough colour in the pres, mics and mojo to cover an ITB studio's needs. I have no idea what you have in studio. What is your budget? On the higher end of things -The Prismsound Lyra range seems incredible when released. If you have a lower budget then RME stuff is very good. To be fair most modern AD/DA is not an issue so capturing the files at high enough quality is the key. What interface do you use now? If it is low end and you have flimsy pres then it may be worth getting just one really good preamp. My first recommendation is the Dav BG1. One of the best stereo preamps and underrated IMHO. Track everything acoustic through it unless you do bands and they need to all be in the room at once. Vocals, acoustic guitars etc. it will give give you an instant improvement to recordings and is very flat at lowish levels. Then get in the box and get colour from the various offerings from the developers around. My second reccomendation is the Mackie Onyx series. You will be very happy with the pres on this thing. The 820i goes for about £ 300 here and gives 3 Onyx preamps. They are good enough and even beat some higher end pres in some spheres and I have recorded some AMP samplings with them and they came out absolutely fine.
Now flame suit on - IMHO Working at 96 khz does have some benefits as far as sound quality goes IMHO and is a bigger upgrade than buying a newer interface - with all its associated issues of twice the CPU, HDD space etc. Not desiring to argue over this but I think that is the case in my own tests.

A quick word about the mics. The mics are a very powerful addition to the family. Please use them in conjunction with a preamp to recreate an input chain. They may sound a bit sharp on their own.

So my suggestion is simple. Get the BG1 or Mackie and work at 96 khz. Of course YMMV. I will let others chip in.
Last edited by Henry Olonga on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 572
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:38 am
Location: South west England

Re: Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Postby Henry Olonga » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:16 pm

SpliffSplaff wrote:Hey...i thought these Mojos dont do any compression just adding the "vibe"?! Did i missunderstand? Anyways i like how they take out the hardness of the signal.


I am referrring to how they were recorded. Yes they just add the tone of the capture.
User avatar
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 572
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:38 am
Location: South west England

Re: Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Postby jimiyves » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:19 pm

Henry Olonga wrote:
jimiyves wrote:Maybe it has been already said, but how do you use the preamp et mic files from Henry Olonga ?

What I wanted to do, is to use some very very neutral preamp and mic hardware, and then use the presets from Henry Olonga.

Is that good ? And what hardware can I use ?


Thanks.


Hi mate,
Not a bad way to do it if you do not already have a lot of outboard as I believe there is enough colour in the pres, mics and mojo to cover an ITB studio's needs. I have no idea what you have in studio. What is your budget? On the higher end of things -The Prismsound Lyra range seems incredible when released. If you have a lower budget then RME stuff is very good. To be fair most modern AD/DA is not an issue so capturing the files at high enough quality is the key. What interface do you use now? If it is low end and you have flimsy pres then it may be worth getting just one really good preamp. My first recommendation is the Dav BG1. One of the best stereo preamps and underrated IMHO. Track everything acoustic through it unless you do bands and they need to all be in the room at once. Vocals, acoustic guitars etc. it will give give you an instant improvement to recordings and is very flat at lowish levels. Then get in the box and get colour from the various offerings from the developers around. My second reccomendation is the Mackie Onyx series. You will be very happy with the pres on this thing. The 820i goes for about £ 300 here and gives 3 Onyx preamps. They are good enough and even beat some higher end pres in some spheres and I have recorded some AMP samplings with them and they came out absolutely fine.
Now flame suit on - IMHO Working at 96 khz does have some benefits as far as sound quality goes IMHO and is a bigger upgrade than buying a newer interface - with all its associated issues of twice the CPU, HDD space etc. Not desiring to argue over this but I think that is the case in my own tests.

A quick word about the mics. The mics are a very powerful addition to the family. Please use them in conjunction with a preamp to recreate an input chain. They may sound a bit sharp on their own.

So my suggestion is simple. Get the BG1 or Mackie and work at 96 khz. Of course YMMV. I will let others chip in.


Thank you for your answer.

I have a very few hardware, since I sold all I had. I have only Behringer ULtramatch SRC 2496 converters.

What I need :
- very neutral preamp : I was looking for Millenia pre, but I will see what you told me (DAV, Onyx)
- very neutral mic : no idea ... What do you use to make your guitar amp presets for Nebula ?
- very good converters : I was looking for Mytek ADC and DAC 96.
- a very good DI (for bass and guitar) : I was looking for Radial J48.

What I will do :
- recording vocals and a little acoustic guitars (using your pre and mic presets for Nebula)
- recording guitars and bass with DI into the sound card and use your guitar/bass amp presets for Nebula
- using VSTi for piano, synth, and drums (Abbey Road drummer 60 and 70 :P )

So, what I'm thinking about :
- maybe a RME Fireface 400 is enough for me ? All in one box ?
- working in 96 kHz will be difficul for me, as I use a lot of VSTi recorded in 44 kHz ...
jimiyves
User Level III
User Level III
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:36 pm

Re: Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Postby gurth » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:44 pm

Definity wrote:Mr Henry, would it be possible to sample the K-Stereo ambience processor?

Thanks.



+1
User avatar
gurth
User Level X
User Level X
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:48 am
Location: Holland

Re: Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Postby Benjaminjo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:37 pm

gurth wrote:
Definity wrote:Mr Henry, would it be possible to sample the K-Stereo ambience processor?

Thanks.



+1



+100000000
Benjaminjo
User Level III
User Level III
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Postby Henry Olonga » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:36 pm

jimiyves wrote:Thank you for your answer.

I have a very few hardware, since I sold all I had. I have only Behringer ULtramatch SRC 2496 converters.

What I need :
- very neutral preamp : I was looking for Millenia pre, but I will see what you told me (DAV, Onyx)
- very neutral mic : no idea ... What do you use to make your guitar amp presets for Nebula ?
- very good converters : I was looking for Mytek ADC and DAC 96.
- a very good DI (for bass and guitar) : I was looking for Radial J48.

What I will do :
- recording vocals and a little acoustic guitars (using your pre and mic presets for Nebula)
- recording guitars and bass with DI into the sound card and use your guitar/bass amp presets for Nebula
- using VSTi for piano, synth, and drums (Abbey Road drummer 60 and 70 :P )

So, what I'm thinking about :
- maybe a RME Fireface 400 is enough for me ? All in one box ?
- working in 96 kHz will be difficul for me, as I use a lot of VSTi recorded in 44 kHz ...



Your list seems good,
I use a pair of matched Earthworks Omnis for the Amps. Record in mono though at the two distances. Very fast impulse response and space retention is just beautiful.
If you use a lot of VSTs then Nebula makes a perfect companion because you can use it to glue stuff recorded in different settings together.
RME Fireface is great. Iffy preamps I think so maybe not all in one but I am fussy.
Most of the world works at 44.1 khz so it's perfectly acceptable. I was just trying to save you some money he he he. :)

As for the stereo ambience thingy - I have sampled a few hardware pieces already and would have released but the effect seems lost in the deconvolve. Hughs, Bedini and more. All sampled but seem to lose the width. Who knows - perhaps I did something wrong - I think I can give it anpther go. I think the VST seems a challenge as I have no idea if Nebula can do what you hope. I can always check it out though.
User avatar
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 572
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:38 am
Location: South west England

Re: Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Postby gurth » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:40 pm

Henry, my orders have been expired.......

Can we do something about that?

thanks a lot
User avatar
gurth
User Level X
User Level X
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:48 am
Location: Holland

Re: Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Postby dejhantulip » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:41 pm

Benjaminjo wrote:
gurth wrote:
Definity wrote:Mr Henry, would it be possible to sample the K-Stereo ambience processor?

Thanks.



+1



+100000000


+1000000000000000000000000
dejhantulip
User Level III
User Level III
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:31 am

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests