Login

Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Postby RJHollins » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:13 am

Mercado_Negro wrote:I've patched some libraries with GDrive and corrected Pad-In/Pad-Out levels using a 1kHz sine at -18dBFS and a transient rich kick drum, which makes things easier for A/B comparisons.

I only have a few:

HenryOlongaLibPatched.png

Let me know if you'd like me to upload them.

NOTE: Pad-In levels have been set to 0dB so you'll have to use the GDrive parameter to adjust the amount of saturation. In my opinion, it's more user-friendly this way.

Cheers,
David

Hi Mercado !

That would be great to get the update patches, in particular, the 'AIR' volumes.

I trust your engineering skills doing this, as NEBULA patch modifying is an area I've only lightly looked into.

BTW ... once again a big THANKS for your REAPER Chain collections. The nomenclature you describe the patches with are clear and logical ... my only wish was a continuation on the growing NEBULA database. Definitely a huge, growing project ... and one that is 'hinder' due to the specific equipment names used.

To that, as mentioned in other threads ... I prefer to identify a specific library because I'm familiar with what it does or sounds from experience, and I would then know which tool I want to fist go to.

Anyway ... thanks for your offer, and hope this can happen :)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby dagovitsj » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:06 am

RJHollins wrote:Although you'll want to get the complete library.

Vol 1. - open,tight,focus
Vol 2. - open,diffuse,focus
Vol 3. - lift,diffuse,focus
Vol 4. - lift,tight,focus

that is what we have at the moment, all at 3 SR's.

Thanks, RJHollins and gurth!

Best
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Expert
Expert

Postby Mercado_Negro » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:57 am

Sorry guys, I think I won't post them, at least not for now. I found a strange problem with these libraries that isn't present in other libraries by other developers and I'd like to figure it out with Henry first. I'll contact him and I'll keep you posted.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:43 am

Mercado_Negro wrote:Sorry guys, I think I won't post them, at least not for now. I found a strange problem with these libraries that isn't present in other libraries by other developers and I'd like to figure it out with Henry first. I'll contact him and I'll keep you posted.

Ha ha. I tried patching some of Henry's recently and got the dreaded "init" screen. I figured that the great Mercado had discovered something. But Henry DID just post some updates to many libraries that brings the GDRIVE function to them. They do not replace the existing n2p files though, like when I have patched libraries. They create an additional n2p file with a G on them. I believe it is in this thread somewhere.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Mercado_Negro » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:21 am

richie43 wrote:
Mercado_Negro wrote:Sorry guys, I think I won't post them, at least not for now. I found a strange problem with these libraries that isn't present in other libraries by other developers and I'd like to figure it out with Henry first. I'll contact him and I'll keep you posted.

Ha ha. I tried patching some of Henry's recently and got the dreaded "init" screen. I figured that the great Mercado had discovered something. But Henry DID just post some updates to many libraries that brings the GDRIVE function to them. They do not replace the existing n2p files though, like when I have patched libraries. They create an additional n2p file with a G on them. I believe it is in this thread somewhere.

No, it's not the patch. It's the way they sound and behave at different sample rates (not caused by sample rates quality differences, etc.), and how different levels affect their dynamics which sounds very weird to me (in comparison with other developers' libraries).
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Expert
Expert

Postby vicnestE » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:34 pm

Mercado_Negro wrote:No, it's not the patch. It's the way they sound and behave at different sample rates (not caused by sample rates quality differences, etc.), and how different levels affect their dynamics which sounds very weird to me (in comparison with other developers' libraries).

Do you mean that after being patched, changing the GDrive of the program has weird dynamics compared under different sample rates??
Or the patched programs is weird even GDrive is untouched? I haven't load all the programs but the ones I used seem fine.
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Updates

Postby Henry Olonga » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:27 pm

Hi guys,
I will be placing updates to the presets over the coming months so if you are having trouble doing it yourselves then don't worry - they will all get updated over time. Perhaps it's because I use the producer version of NAT. I will be adding the G-drive and also re-calibrating the internal gain structure with some but not all of them. All my patches will have a G suffix added. I assume it is better that way to give end users the option of whether they want to overwrite the old ones, work with both or keep backward compatibility. They can rename in NAT. I am thinking that having the G-drive distort at + 30 makes sense. Thoughts?

Mercado - not sure what you are referring to but I have come across a couple of things. Most of my patches with distortion will have a kind of pumping when you reach the extremes. It is at the extremes really and happens with most patches that have a HI setting. You can make them fail safe if you wish by never getting near the extremes but where is the fun in that? My theory is that because I sample at high sample rates the distortion is captured more acurately and as a result as one gets to the extreme of the presets it won't just start to break up as I have experienced but actually volume spikes. It may be a combination of less than ideal calibration but also may be one of the weaknesses at reproducing distortion.
Secondly as the distortion increases there appears to be a ripple at certain frequencies especially the low mids around 3k. At low input settings this is absent. I think it is linked to distortion levels. Still investingating that but it seems a non issue at moderate input levels.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Definity » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:25 pm

I agree with +30
Definity

Postby dejhantulip » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:30 am

Dear Henry,

Do you think you could be able to make the rest of the Air series available in the next 7 to 10 days? I am just dying to try some presets on two mixes i will be working and probably mastering as well.

Thank you and God bless!

ORLANDO
dejhantulip
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Henry Olonga » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:18 am

Hi Orlando,
Cannot promise 7 days but possibly within 10. I will see what I can arrange. Travel away for a few days and also have another arranging and mixing commitment.
Take care,
Henry
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries