Login

Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Postby vicnestE » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:52 pm

Does the G-drive update change the sweet spot (input level, output level, drive, etc.)? Or the result is identical to GDrive patch?? I've patched most of them since GDrive patch on preamp presets is useful.

By the way, is any thing else brewing before 8 Jan?
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby mr.tele » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:11 am

Whoo-hoo! Downloading all three now. Thank you Henry! Very generous of you to put these up during your holiday sale. :D
mr.tele
User Level X
User Level X

Postby dejhantulip » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:41 am

Damnnnn! I dont know if it's just me bit these programs are just amazing! They sound absolutely gorgeous on single tracks or the 2bus!

I really hope Henry be able to release the rest of the series soon I am dying to try the shimmer and sheen settings!
dejhantulip
User Level III
User Level III

Postby RJHollins » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:44 am

? What is the difference between the newly released 'Girthy Master Bus' and the previous Girthy EQ Preamps that came with the Q-Clone bundle ??

thx
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:01 pm

Hi Rj,
The Girthy Mastering EQ Mojo with Q-clone is the Mastering EQ set to flat and the curves come from Q-clone. It gives the sense of a nice subtle bass lift although it is actually set flat.

The new Girthy Master Bus sampling is just a few gentle boosts and cuts of the shelves here and there and named just like you like them - full, beefy etc. ;) ( sarcasm of course ). Master bus seasoning basically.

As for the Air series - I will release the rest in a short while unfortunately. I have a few other things to do that mean it will be a brief wait until the next batch. But it will be soon although might not make the 8th window - everything is discounted on launch anyway.

The G-drive update is just a patch to make all my libraries up to date along with some extra callibration. You can do it yourself of course but some folk won't so this will help in that regard and also address the times when artifacts cause a problem because my gain staging was not ideal. So yes it is mainly about finding the sweet spot. There were audible and inaudible artifacts on some of the earlier and also more transparent presets because I calibrated by ear ( which I now realise was not the best - VST analyser from now on . These can be fixed easily now by using the G-drive slider.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby vicnestE » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:09 pm

Henry Olonga wrote:Hi Rj,
As for the Air series - I will release the rest in a short while unfortunately. I have a few other things to do that mean it will be a brief wait until the next batch. But it will be soon although might not make the 8th window - everything is discounted on launch anyway.

There were audible and inaudible artifacts on some of the earlier and also more transparent presets because I calibrated by ear ( which I now realise was not the best - VST analyser from now on . These can be fixed easily now by using the G-drive slider.

Feel like - I "won't" release.

No wonder the base line of air pack is flatter than before :)
Much easier to use them.
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:43 pm

Much easier to use them

If you must know - birthday party tomorrow then I am off to London for two days for a BBC interview and a few other things. Back home on Tuesday and then off to Ireland so I would love to release but time prohibits. :(. I think it's clear that I am on the customer's side no?

Yeah with the new calibration once I add the G-drive to everything - they will all be flatter to allow for pushing of the Drive fader into distortion. :D
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby vicnestE » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:35 pm

Henry Olonga wrote:

Much easier to use them

If you must know - birthday party tomorrow then I am off to London for two days for a BBC interview and a few other things. Back home on Tuesday and then off to Ireland so I would love to release but time prohibits. :(. I think it's clear that I am on the customer's side no?

Yeah with the new calibration once I add the G-drive to everything - they will all be flatter to allow for pushing of the Drive fader into distortion. :D

Since you calibrate the program level flatter, you might want to put some information on website to clarify project compatibility. (in red words)

However if I remember correctly, when the temp folder is not cleared, the programs are not updated. And sometimes the older non-GDrive version is kept in the project.
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby gurth » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:59 pm

Have a great 2013 everybody.

I got a question, about the AIR programs, if I want to use it like the hardware, do I have to use it in paralel or was it allready sampled in paralel?

I am not much of a studio technician. But Iwant to make my music sound as good as possible so I need every info I can get so I won't ruin anything.

And Henry love your programs especially the titan eq the instant kick and the g20 stuff.
gurth
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Arne » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:38 pm

If you want to use two bands you must use two instances of Nebula with different presets loaded, example focus open-defuse on first Nebula instance and clarity Shimmer (example) on the other
Arne
User Level XI
User Level XI

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries