Login

Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Postby richie43 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:56 pm

Hey RJ. I was not trying to attack you. I totally understand what you are saying. And I am also of the hardware only era (I'm an "older" guy), so I am also used to having manuals and such. I was just supporting Henry's work, which like I said, I always get no matter what. I am also very selective, like you, but I have learned that I can always use his libraries- they always seem to magically be what i would have made or purchased if I did it myself.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby davidgary73 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:24 am

Shalom Henry,

I reckon Air 1-4 Nebula presets would be Fokas curves while Air 4-8 Nebula presets would be Klariti curves right?

Just wondering in order to sound/work like the hardware, we need to us both Fokas and Clariti presets together to emulate close to the hardware?

Anyway, the Air 1 and Air 2 (Fokas) presets by themselves are great Henry. Keep them coming :D :D :D . Just hope the (Klariti) presets come soon.

Cheers
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram •
Logic Pro X 10.2.4 • OSX 10.11.6 • VEP 6 •
Magenta 3 • Green 3 • Navy • Pink • Sand • Lime • Nebula3 Server Ultimate •
http://www.purevolume.com/DavidGary
davidgary73

Postby Henry Olonga » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:08 pm

Hi guys,
Nice to hear from you after the busy period. I have been cryptic in the past but then I thought my last post was the least cryptic. :(. A little bit of reading profits a lot. Also some of my beta testers chip in here and there and you would be wise to listen to the wise hints that they 'drop' so read between the lines if you are not sure. If you want a clearer explanation you can always e-mail me on a products enquiry form.
Okay - I will try to make this very clear for those who are having a hard time with the cryptic crossword - here is the easy version.

First and foremost the Air and Klaritizer are one and the same unit with different names because of their different functions. Why did I do it that way? Well look at the rest of my naming convention and you will quickly see that I am a nutter when it comes to names. My daughters have anything but normal names. The Klaritizer is the mojo of a certain unit. It is to be used with the plugin from the manufacturer. I link to the plugin on the product page of the Klaritizer here

http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=henry-olonga-klaritizer-mojo-for-nebula-192-khz

Can you see it? Where it says

Sampled here bla bla bla ................ The Mojo presets work with the correponding plugin from the manufacturer GET IT HERE

The plugin is an emulation of the hardware so I guess if you know what the plugin is you can guess the hardware. Right now I hope we can all keep up as far as what the sampled piece is. There is a picture of it and a link to the plugin. I cannot be clearer than that.If you are lost already then you need some serious help with research skills I am afraid. :lol:

Secondly the Air series is the curves. If you buy the air series it will become clear as to which bands have been sampled. It seems daunting if you haven't bought them as you think you are buying blind. But think about this - for £1 with all the special sales going on you can buy the first one and see what I am talking about. I have been intentionally vague as I always am. More so on some pieces than others. The Air one has a sub heading of 'open tight' and Air two has a sub heading of 'open diffuse'.If you look at the rest of the knobs names on the plugin or the hardware it will be clear what comes next.
The hardware was sampled every two dots as I had a time limitation. If I have to explain any more I will have a coronary. :D Once you have one you will probably want to have the rest to be fair because they all do different things. And there will be a bundle once it's done. And while the sale is on get it for almost nothing and laugh all the way to the bank.It will not be this cheap again. That's my advice anyhow.
All good? :ugeek:
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:29 pm

SWAN wrote:with these Air presets - do I take it each part is one toggle knob setting each? eg Clarity 'shimmer'...So you get the full EQ travel rather than a pre-set value?

Hi Swan - every two dots. The number is equivalent to the number of dots. Had I done it every knob position I would have doubled my work and never had met my deadline. ;)
Also check above for clarification. These are presets. Set and forget. No tweakability. Not sweepable.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:42 pm

Henry Olonga wrote:Hi guys,
Nice to hear from you after the busy period. I have been cryptic in the past but then I thought my last post was the least cryptic. :(. A little bit of reading profits a lot. Also some of my beta testers chip in here and there and you would be wise to listen to the wise hints that they 'drop' so read between the lines if you are not sure. If you want a clearer explanation you can always e-mail me on a products enquiry form.
Okay - I will try to make this very clear for those who are having a hard time with the cryptic crossword - here is the easy version.

First and foremost the Air and Klaritizer are one and the same unit with different names because of their different functions. Why did I do it that way? Well look at the rest of my naming convention and you will quickly see that I am a nutter when it comes to names. My daughters have anything but normal names. The Klaritizer is the mojo of a certain unit. It is to be used with the plugin from the manufacturer. I link to the plugin on the product page of the Klaritizer here

http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=henry-olonga-klaritizer-mojo-for-nebula-192-khz

Can you see it? Where it says

Sampled here bla bla bla ................ The Mojo presets work with the correponding plugin from the manufacturer GET IT HERE

The plugin is an emulation of the hardware so I guess if you know what the plugin is you can guess the hardware. Right now I hope we can all keep up as far as what the sampled piece is. There is a picture of it and a link to the plugin. I cannot be clearer than that.If you are lost already then you need some serious help with research skills I am afraid. :lol:

Secondly the Air series is the curves. If you buy the air series it will become clear as to which bands have been sampled. It seems daunting if you haven't bought them as you think you are buying blind. But think about this - for £1 with all the special sales going on you can buy the first one and see what I am talking about. I have been intentionally vague as I always am. More so on some pieces than others. The Air one has a sub heading of 'open tight' and Air two has a sub heading of 'open diffuse'.If you look at the rest of the knobs names on the plugin or the hardware it will be clear what comes next.
The hardware was sampled every two dots as I had a time limitation. If I have to explain any more I will have a coronary. :D Once you have one you will probably want to have the rest to be fair because they all do different things. And there will be a bundle once it's done. And while the sale is on get it for almost nothing and laugh all the way to the bank.It will not be this cheap again. That's my advice anyhow.
All good? :ugeek:

Ok, let me get one thing straight with one simple question... So what are these things anyway...? :shock: Ha ha, just kidding Henry. This is funny stuff. I think you said more than enough now. I was enjoying the "seek and find: aspect of this treasure hunt. Now you may have given away too many clues, it may not be as fun anymore..... :lol:
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:26 pm

It seems daunting if you haven't bought them as you think you are buying blind.

This states the point I [apparently failing] tried to ask.

If you buy the air series it will become clear as to which bands have been sampled.

The 'mystery' was not 'What hardware'. It was content!
That shouldn't be a secret. Look at all the other 3rd party devs. Every library description contains a listing of the included presets, at a minimum. And they still retain the 'cloak'.

Keep in mind. Some 'tools' are purchased when a particular job comes in. You can't go to a hardware store and buy ever tool made JUST because a future possibility may arise. [well, we may have to wave the "Richie 'Exception' clause"] :o :lol:

Yes, we all do our best to support the Nebula community, but there are other considerations that also come into play. One is work flow efficiency. I'm embarrassed to think how many algo VST's I've purchased and that I've had to clear out. I do NOT consider them in the same league as the NEB libs for sure. It is not a money issue either ... we have important charities nearby that also deserve support too.

To Henry. Your libraries have always been received with much praise. [To your credit]. You also have taken a sightly different path in the 'design' of the libraries [letting 'others' do what they do]. This is all great.

I see this in some of the Q-Clone libraries. Some EQ libs are layout as specific Freq, Gain, Bandwidth. Other libraries utilize descriptive terms [shimmer, clarity, go to, lift, depth, etc]. These are 2 different concepts ... both valid.

One is not better than the other. But for my work, the 'descriptive' patch is not being sought as my 'go to'. To be clear, I'm not being critical or demeaning about this. For my work, it will not be considered, as I prefer 'building' my process specific to the issue at hand.

Wow ... this got lengthy ... sorry.

With the kindness of a fellow Nebulite [who's name I cannot divulge due to the 'Cryptic Code'] ;) has PM'd me detail that led to purchasing. It's that simple.

If I knew the $2 lottery ticket was a winner ... well, I'd probably buy the ticket. :mrgreen:
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:14 pm

Nice one RJHollins,
I have always valued your custom and you sure have been a great support to my work.;-) .The important thing to remember though is that this broke, struggling artist is too skint to defend himself in court he he he. That is why I am vague. Better safe than sorry coz some of the big boys have deep lawyer pockets LOL.
But I do try to make it obvious. I place hints here and there and I do have an emulation preset list in PDF that is at the top of this thread and also is on just about every product page of the website. I haven't updated it yet but will do so soon but often between a product being listed in my shop and the preset list being updated there is a time of darkness as to what is what. Will try to do it quicker

Peace
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:28 pm

Hi Henry,

I'm with you 100% and can appreciate, and agree, with that. Life is tough enough. Through this particular discussion ... actually since day 1 of my joining the Nebula community, the 'Cloaked' reference has always been in place and accepted. Sure, there are certain exceptions, with reasoning being custom made gear, radios from the 1930's, tubes, etc. Newcomers may quibble at first wanting to know the exact, but the community has been there to guide them to resolve.

The PDF listing is nice ... keeping it up to date with your onslaught of releases would be the challenge. :lol:

What I'm seeking ... and maybe the issue is compounded with all the abundant 'leisure time' that we have :shock: HUH ?? :lol:

Example. Last nite went shopping on your site. While getting the 'AIR' package, I looked at the 'See12'. The description intrigued. The mention of 10 presets per SR was interesting. Since NEB 'mics' are a newer addition, I'm curious, so added to the cart.

I won't specify here ... but had the 10 preset names that identify pattern, distance from, etc, been included with the program description, I now have ideas flying between my 2 remaining brain cells that are going, hmmmm ... I want to try an idea out :mrgreen:

Maybe I'm the only one, but there are sets of libraries that I've looked at and concluded, will I ever get the time to even try out the unknowns? Unlikely ... because I already have EQ's,compressors, tapes, preamp, that I'm studying, experimenting with ... you know, kickin the tires, test driving ... just a better understanding so when I get into a project, I have a more intuitive sense of which tool to grab first ... and if that doesn't, then my next choice. This is the way I tend toward. I'm not fanatical about it ... I'll improvise and fly without a net. Combined 'structured' study, and improvisation freedom.

Beside having available time or not :roll:

Would including the names of the individual patches in a library [as part of the site descript], raise to much of a 'cloaking' concern ? Only you can answer that one Henry. This would be useful to the buyer. I will NOT challenge your view if you feel otherwise.

With all respect!

Sincerely.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:32 am

Hi RJ,
I gauge the spirit of your request and it is well meaning so I will definitely make an effort. I will see if I can budget some time in the next few months to give clearer descriptions, demo files and free content. Been a weakness of mine. In that way hopefully folks will get a better understanding of what is sampled. I take on board your naming convention advice as well. In the past year I was on the road a lot but have decided to take a Sabbatical and study a little. In addition, I want to finish my own album and do some short films as well. So I will have a bit more time on my hands to do this artistic and Nebula thing. But better descriptions is in a long line of things to do including the Bricasti, updates to almost all programs including the G slider thingy, sample rate upgrades, some stereo releases, optimisations, new releases and updating the site. All take a chunk of time. My forte is work rate. I can churn stuff out when I set my mind to it and I would hate to get bogged down with the peripherals. I can see how it is needed to keep the other parts of my projects going like descriptions going from a customers perspective. We would do well to not lose sight of the fact that most nebula samplers are one man bands as am I. Just a guy, a car, a soundcard, a laptop, some cables, ideas and a desire to freeze good sounds in a digital format. Jack of all trades, master of none. Plus being a dad, husband etc. but I love it. Being part of a vibrant community like this just makes it all worth it. So I do listen to what people ask for and if I can incorporate it into my products and it makes their work easier,I would be a fool not to listen. So it is logged. I will still be a little vague but less cryptic.:-)
Have a good one.
H
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:38 am

So glad you are a part of this NEBULA community. Your libraries bring a new dimension to all of our audio work. May Your generosity bring a 1000 blessings to You and Yours. The whole 'community' expresses that respect. Thank you.

I hope my 'tongue'n cheek' comment regarding spare/ leisure time was taken in the pure sarcastic humor it was meant. [there are great 'writers' out there that can write something that doesn't get misinterpreted ... that not b me :roll: .]

This has been some year. Having moved into my new mastering room, the past several months had ignited the deep passion that I 'tried' to bury in retirement. I now step into a room that takes me to a place far, far away from the world of chaos and noise :D I do have a cell phone, so 'they' still know how to track me down :twisted: There are areas of refinement that I still have to do, but as usual, all 10,000 things need attention at the same time. :|
Life. Glad to be around to complain :lol:

Just a minuscule idea, but might one of the beta testers help supply a bit of description data. Don't know. I usually end up doing everything on my projects. Probably another character flaw I've refined. :o
:lol:

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries