Login

Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Postby mgrammatica » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:38 am

First of all, merry xmas to all !

This is slightly off-topic, but im filling up my shopping basket at Henry's site here, i was wondering if anybody could point me in the direction of some 'must haves' out of Henry's collection.

I've heard of quick mix presets but im not entirely sure how to find them amongst the products without knwoing the name.

Many thanks in advance !
mgrammatica
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby Definity » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:59 am

For me it is:

Air.

Tape Sim 22.

G20 desk.

Titan EQ.

MOJO dist.

and the distortion programs CVT CV1 CV2

all a must!!!

But depends on what type of music your making im, all electronic hardcore stuff
Definity

Postby mgrammatica » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:11 am

Awesome thank you. Already had a few of those in the basket :D

Definity wrote:But depends on what type of music your making im, all electronic hardcore stuff

Electronic but with a commerical presentation/sound.
mgrammatica
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby indelible » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:24 am

Merry Christmas Henry.Thanks for all the great programs that you are releasing.I have a question for you.What is the difference between Air1 and Air2 programs?Different hardware settings?
indelible
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby RJHollins » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:33 am

what is in the 'air' collection?

I'm not finding enough details as to the content.

Even a listing of the preset names would give some type of indication.

thx
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:46 am

As Henry said, go back in this thread, I think around page 37 (give or take a page either way). He leaves us some big hints that we need to interpret, but they are not THAT elusive. He said something to the effect that the Air presets are samples of the settings on the mystery unit, which I am assuming is the same unit that the Klaritzer presets are sampled from......
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:03 am

Not sure if your reply was to my inquest Richie ...

To clarify. Within the 'Air' library [and others], there is no mention of the sampled settings, or really any pertinent info.

What I'm looking to see is what we typically see with, say, an EQ library. Each freq, +- gain, q-widths, etc.

A list of patch names [which I would like to see within Henry's page on the product would give some idea. Especially when something like an 8 pak library is planned. I have nothing to go on with the 2 libs of 'air' that have already been released.

What's in it ?
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:24 am

I was replying to you RJ, but I guess I was replying n the same cryptic way Henry was. I respect your desire for the more intricate details, but it seems like Henry is not planning on giving us any more information than he has already alluded to. And personally, I am fine with that. His libraries are so inexpensive, and I already know that Henry does not ever release a library of anything but the best quality. Add to that the fact that maybe I have just gotten lucky, but every one of his libraries seems to fit and sound great on what I do, so I buy his libraries as they are released. I don't really need to see any curves, graphs, etc. I use my ears and start using them. It never takes me long to know what it will do for my audio and when it fits. Maybe you are more disciplined than I am, but if I start to get concerned about all of those details, I also start to not listen as closely because I am over-thinking about frequencies, curves, Q ratios, etc. But that's me.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:11 am

Hi Richie,

I understand the 'cryptic' code. Although it should be noted that this has changed with one of our most prolific devs. Whatever, its' easy enough to figure out.

Since I've purchased so many great libraries, I'm also at a point were I'm being more selective. Regardless of price [which Henry has been stellar], I want to focus my additional purchases on specifics.

Without getting into a long discussion about this ... there is no detail on the library content in Henry's site. Most everyone else provides, at least, the list names of presets included.

I understand that my request on EQ data sheets from other devs may be misinterpreted with regard to this library. I'm not asking for graphs, specifically. [Yes, they are definitely handy ... and it's not much different than the paper manuals we got with the hardware units.]

Again, I understand Henry's library designs. He has made that clear.

I'm just asking, what are the preset names in a library [at minimum]. Especially for something that'll be released in parts. How is anyone to know if it's something of interest?!? I'm not interested in pre-designed, instrument specific presets. That is not my work flow. Henry's tape libs are probably great ... but I have a great one already.

Bottom line ... I'd like some additional info on content. I'll find PDF's on the hardware.

This should not be this difficult.

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby indelible » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:02 pm

I think you can find some info on kush audio website. They have a "similar"equipment and even a cool introduction video. :-)
indelible
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries