Login

Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Postby lipa » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:17 am

:shock: wow.. the realtime bouncing thing shocks me.. I have to check it. I've been relying on reapers quick and easy rendering options ("apply fx as a new take").. I never really compared the quality of these renders so critically. Thanks for the tip Henry! ;)

by the way..would it be a big problem to add (some time in the future) gdrive knob/fader to most of Your presets Henry? thanks :mrgreen:
lipa

Postby vicnestE » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:09 am

"My dual Intel Xeon CPU, 8 core computer can handle about 10 full quality Nebula instances"

full quality means?
1) kernels in time mode? kernel length??
2) sample rate? 96kHz I presume.
3) real time under how many sample interface latency??
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:44 am

davidgary73 wrote:Henry, just wondering if the Klaritizer Mojo preset would work on it's own without the plugin?

Would love to purchase it if we can use it by it's own. If we can't, may need to wait for the full suite to come about.

Same question I'd have. Also wonder what type of 'mo' would this unit have, as I've heard no mention of 'enhancements' solely running audio through the unit.

Most definite interest in the curve releases.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:35 am

lipa wrote::shock: wow.. the realtime bouncing thing shocks me.. I have to check it. I've been relying on reapers quick and easy rendering options ("apply fx as a new take").. I never really compared the quality of these renders so critically. Thanks for the tip Henry! ;)

by the way..would it be a big problem to add (some time in the future) gdrive knob/fader to most of Your presets Henry? thanks :mrgreen:

If you are in Reaper (This is for you too, Henry!), have you tried Reaper's awesome and convenient batch processing instead of real-time rendering. I have done the same comparisons that you have, and definitely hear better quality in real-time rendering vs fast rendering. But I do not hear any differences between real-time rendering and batch processing, which is faster than real-time but not lightening fast. The work-flow is different; you need to either have default chains you like, or load them into tracks, tweak, then load the chain into the batch processing window and process. After all of my own experimentalism, this has proven to be the best for me. Whether it works best for you is up to you, but I strongly urge you to try it for a while, it has sped up my work quite a bit and removed much of the frustration I was having with the work-flow and CPU eating.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:37 am

RJHollins wrote:Same question I'd have. Also wonder what type of 'mo' would this unit have, as I've heard no mention of 'enhancements' solely running audio through the unit.

Most definite interest in the curve releases.

Hopefully Henry will surface soon (come up for air!!) and clarify this better, but I have this library and I assumed that there were definite curves involved. One of the names for a preset is "Slight Lift", and I definitely hear a slight high-end shine from it.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:19 pm

Hi Guys,
Long post warning. :D. First of all Merry Christmas everyone - I know it's a day early here but some in the world are there already..
Vicnest wrote
"My dual Intel Xeon CPU, 8 core computer can handle about 10 full quality Nebula instances"

full quality means?
1) kernels in time mode? kernel length??
2) sample rate? 96kHz I presume.
3) real time under how many sample interface latency??

1 - normal default settings - don't do timed, splith tweaks etc
2 - 96 khz
3 - 30 ms latency. Prismsound Orpheus.

RjHollins wrote
Also wonder what type of 'mo' would this unit have.

The Unit is quite transparent to the audio. It hardly changes it in fact so the fairly flat Mojo series works with the plugin to give a more precise high end - that's all really - save for the slight lift preset. No low end distortion to speak of or anything else IMHO. Hard to hear but definitely there once you boost the plugin. Bypass and it will become clear what it does. ;)

Now - about the curves - You guys crack me up so much. I have tried to be cryptic but you aren't getting it. Read this thread from where David asks me about the curves :shock: Or for those who still don't get it - For the curves look at the AIR series! Dope!

lipa wrote:
by the way..would it be a big problem to add (some time in the future) gdrive knob/fader to most of Your presets Henry? thanks

I think I will try to work the G-drive into my updates for next year. Finding that sweet spot can be tricky when weighing up the distortion vs gain structure so it would be a welcome addition. It may mean completely recyrpting my programs so it is not a simple matter so may be a while - unless I don't understand the process.
Richie wrote
If you are in Reaper (This is for you too, Henry!), have you tried Reaper's awesome and convenient batch processing instead of real-time rendering. I have done the same comparisons that you have, and definitely hear better quality in real-time rendering vs fast rendering.

Thanks for that. Really need to check that out. Problem for me is I am still mixing in Sonar mainly - wanted to make the transition fully but there are some things that Sonar just does amazingly well. I have quite a bit of choice hardware now and lots of time so I am now bouncing stuff in realtime all the time so all the bugs in Sonar don't annoy me as much as they used to as I am offloading CPU to hardware. Besides I have been using it for over a decade now. I still use Reaper for all my sampling and editing though. Nothing else is as convenient, fast , snappy etc.

Now Good news. Look what came in time for Christmas :D. Talking about the Helios - top module - my rack case finally made it thanks to Raindirk audio - I have it plugged in and it sounds INCREDIBLE!!!!!So Titan 2 on the way at 192 khz. :P

Finally
In keeping with spirit of the season.

More releases out

Henry Olonga releases Tape Sim Bonus. .With 192 khz hiss recordings and two previously unreleased bonus presets this completes the Tape sim collection.
URL: http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=henry-olonga-tape-sim-for-nebula-bonus-pack

Henry Olonga releases See12. .A highly desirable microphone, rare, unique with an exquisite high end.
URL: http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=henry-olonga-see12-for-nebula-192-khz

Henry Olonga releases Small Guitar Amp. .With a perceiveable depth rivalling a real amp this is amp is great for a realistic small amp sound.
URL: http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=henry-olonga-small-guitar-amp-for-nebula-192-khz

Henry Olonga releases Air part 2. .For adding that high end finish to tracks or Masters. 1 of 8
URL: http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=henry-olonga-air-part-2-for-nebula-192-khz

Henry Olonga releases Model 1. .From Tascam, a 1970s 8 channel mixer for expanding a desk.
URL: http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=henry-olonga-model-one-out-192-khz

Henry Olonga releases Small Phender guitar Amp. .A wonderful complement to the other amps in the series. Clear cutting and with depth.
URL: http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=henry-olonga-small-phender-guitar-amp-for-nebula-192-khz

Henry Olonga releases The Valve Channel. .One channel of a custom valve console. Fairly transparent with greatclarity.
URL: http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=henry-olonga-the-valve-channel-for-nebula-192-khz
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:02 pm

Merry Christmas Henry, and all of you crazy Nebulafarians!
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby vicnestE » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:23 pm

Merry Christmas to you all.

I was using Sonar 8 but the automation envelopes are off when you stack nebula reverb instances, and they seems unaware of/ignore the problem. So I move on to Reaper too. Perfect matching for mixing with nebula.

The Girth Mastering and EeaMIiii mojo are great.
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby SWAN » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:41 am

with these Air presets - do I take it each part is one toggle knob setting each? eg Clarity 'shimmer'...So you get the full EQ travel rather than a pre-set value?
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby Enclave » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:57 am

SWAN wrote:with these Air presets - do I take it each part is one toggle knob setting each? eg Clarity 'shimmer'...So you get the full EQ travel rather than a pre-set value?

Yes, it is not like 'Quick Mix', and more like 'Q-Clone'.
Enclave
User Level III
User Level III

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries