Login

Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Henry Olonga releases five new products!!!

Postby trickster » Fri May 18, 2012 2:31 am

I'm with you Lipa ^^ - some really great stuff coming out.

I'm really loving Henry's first tape release and was hoping for some comments on the second - not that I really need much pushing to spend a whopping AU$8 on these. It is, as Henry mentioned, like putting a fine silk sock on your music; nothing like anything I have used ITB.

Thank you Henry, looking forward to more of this quality.
trickster
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby mr.tele » Fri May 18, 2012 5:13 am

I bought Tape Sim #2 this morning. I am impressed and delighted! I found the first one useful, but still preferred the real tape libraries for most things. I replaced a tape setup I was using on a rock CD I'm mastering, just to to test the new library. It knocked my socks off! I was having a hard time getting what I wanted out of the mastering setup I was using on this job. When I replaced the tape setup with M1_T2_15_B-M_96K, I suddenly heard exactly what I'd been striving for! The bottom became warm, clear and punchy. The mids were fat and warm. Vox sweetened. I took off the EQ I was using to tame the highs, and it was perfect. It also added just the right amount of harmonic distortion, where you don't really hear it, but it just becomes more pleasant to listen to. Great job Henry! Thank you!!
mr.tele
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Martinez » Fri May 18, 2012 10:32 am

Hi Henry

Is it possible at all that you might be able to break the titan into chunks fro downloading purposes?

I purchased it last night and this morning when I went into town to download it I discovered that it was a 2.7 Gig download which is almost impossible for Me to download in my current situation.
Martinez

Postby lipa » Fri May 18, 2012 1:11 pm

Good to hear good comments.. I really started to think I'm the only one liking these libs.. I think they (especially tape sim) are THAT good! about that sock.. I thought Henry meant that we all have socks on our audio until we apply His libs.. hehe.. socks in or out it sounds much better with Tape sim. I too like Volume 2 15ips on master much more than any other nebula (or not nebula) tape!! really sounds tapey but punchy and pleasant. I only noticed that 192 libs don't convert good to 48khz. It's better to use 96 libs then. You can notice too much highs (almost like a constant hiss).. but that's the same with bootsified bass chain demo and so on. I think it's nebula src problem. Generally I think it's safer to use 96 programs all the time. Can't wait for Tape Sim Volume 3!! :D
lipa

Postby Henry Olonga » Fri May 18, 2012 2:43 pm

Hi guys - thanks for the positive feedback.

A couple of things - first of all - one more coming your way -

A NV summing mixer sampling. A brighter offering of the eightX2 with sixteen ins.

http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=henry-olonga-nv-summo-for-nebula-96-khz

Yes a whopping 2 pounds!!!!!!! :D

Secondly - I am in the middle of a really busy performance schedule so apologies if I delay in getting back to you promptly.

Martinez - sorry about this but can you wait until Tuesday :( - I am back home then and can make a special download for you in chunks? How big a chunk will work for you? Do you have a download accelerator? Is it a bandwith limitation or a cap on your downloads? I can send you a DVD if it is easier as long as you cover postage.

Thirdly - I may look at the calibration issues of the first tape library if I have time. The compressive behaviour thing mentioned earlier.

And finally - sample rates. I seem to gauge that people desire all major sample rates i.e 44.1 khz, 96 khz and 192 khz. It will be a long term project for me to add all the sample rates to all libraries but it will take a while but hopefully I will get there. And it will be an upgrade so sorry I cannot do it for free but it will be very cheap.I warn you that I have an ever expanding inventory so this will take some time.

Best wishes to you all and happy mixing.

Henry
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Martinez » Fri May 18, 2012 3:07 pm

Henry, your kindess is humbling!
1 Gig chunks would be great.

My situation is that i have moved to a small town on a small island and getting broadband here is the biggest rip off you can imagine.

Here in the land of OZ, broadband is a major ripoff industry.
Just to get a regular wireless broadband conection would be $100 a month for a data limit of 15 Gigs!

I do have a prepaid wireless modem for light surfing duties but to download stuff or even just watch youtube videos I have to go to the next major town which about 40Kms away because there is a online center there.
The more people using the slower in goes.
Not to mention you only get so long to do it in.

Sorry for the life story but I thought an explaination was in order.
Martinez

Postby trickster » Sat May 19, 2012 1:29 am

I thought Henry meant that we all have socks on our audio until we apply His libs

Hey Lipa, On re-reading the blurb I think you might be right :oops: . Anyhoo, the way it takes care of digital harshness in the high freq range seemed to suit the sock analogy...

(going now to put a silk sock on my head and see if that improves my hearing). :mrgreen:
trickster
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby ericzang » Sat May 19, 2012 2:27 pm

Does using the 96k programs in a 44k project make them sound a lot different, or perhaps just a little?
ericzang
User Level III
User Level III

Postby lipa » Sat May 19, 2012 11:27 pm

hehe.. Yeah I must try that silk sock on ears trick too ;)
and yes 96 to 44 converted programs sound terrific, let's not start serious offtopic debate here..but I've tried most of the programs which are shipped in both 96 and 44 in 44khz projects and it's very hard to tell the difference between converted and not converted ones which means the new nebula conversion is working just fine for 99.99% people on the planet.. ;)
lipa

Postby lipa » Mon May 21, 2012 9:24 am

So how's King Henry's tapes are doing after a fine weekend? A crowd gathered by the gates of the castle and demand studer von ahundret to be released from prison.. :mrgreen:
lipa

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries