Login

Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Postby Henry Olonga » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:32 am

Hi RJ,
That is the multiply switch. Its from the bending curves mastering EQ thingymajiggy. I speak in code if you get my drift. Changes the boost ratio range between 10 dbs and 15 dbs. Effectively two boxes in one. 10 for normal mastering but 15 when you want more boost. Or 1 vs 1.5.
As for that preamp, I will continue to research and see what comes up.
It's called girthy because it adds a bottom like nothing else. Hugeness in the low end, especially the low end. The 91 hz boost is insane.
I also made some Bus settings so those will be due for release soon as well. They will take your Final mix from nice to aha - just like the G-20 master bus. Oh to find the time to do all these packages.
H
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:38 pm

Thank-you Henry ... I saw this in this manual I found. Now makes sense related to the Q library.

Thanks for looking out on that preamp mentioned ... seems interesting.

Say, the only drag with the Q libraries is hitting the max limit of entries :shock: Any tips/tricks to increase ?

Thanks again!
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:49 pm

Hi RJ,
Not sure about the limit. I tend to place only packages I use often in the q-clone presets folder. Like the superlative and this Girthy. I also don't bother with the stuff Waves sampled - there is better stuff out there and it clogs up the folder. For the rest of my stuff like the colour mix pro stuff that has named instrument presets I place them outside the folder and use the load dialogue. I view the folder in list mode and it is so much quicker and easier.
Take care
Henry
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby msp13everlasting » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:53 am

What hardware is sampled in the AIR library and does the Girth Eq Mojo have any boost sampled?
msp13everlasting
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Henry Olonga » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:03 pm

Hi there,
If you go to the product page you will see what product it is related to.

As far as the Girthy goes - I have captured a few settings for Guitars, drums,bass,vocals, electrics and busses,the filters and shelves. So about five packages to come over the next few months - so yes I have thrown in a few shelf boosts as well but not much. ;)
Just enough to add a bit of spice. I leave EQs to the masters.
H
Oh and I just added another product - a Ribbon Microphone - kinda fun warm thingy

Henry Olonga releases Roiher Ribbon R-One2One Microphone. Great for adding that warmth curve.
http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=henry-olonga-roiher-ribbon-r-one2one-for-nebula-192-khz
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby sciifunk » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:55 pm

Nice one Henry! Microphone presets are something I reckon the nebula community could do with more of, I shall test it out tomorrow.
sciifunk
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby richie43 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:58 pm

That looks fun Henry. By the way, the link for the ribbon mic brings me to the "Air-Part 1" library.......
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:51 am

Thanks Richie - fixed. More mics coming in time. Went and rented a whole locker of Vintage mics - U67, U87, C12 etc all done - just a matter of packaging. The challenge is getting the curves to be about right. I did not sample in an Anechoic chamber so the bleed from the wall reflections affects the curves but not too bad that I cannot fix them. You get the flavour though.
Kinda cool that you can actually now build a whole new sound for your files from Microphone through the preamps to the other outboard and through to outputs. It's insane that sampling has allowed us to recreate that path in the box. The only thing left to sample now is cables - only kidding, only kidding ;)
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:28 am

Don't forget to sample the grumpy engineers too.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby KP2009 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:56 am

Sounds Awesome.. Henry did you sample the Nuemann M149 and Sony C800??
KP2009
User Level X
User Level X

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries