Login

Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Postby Henry Olonga » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:12 pm

Hi Guys -

Here are some demo 32 bit 96 khz demo files of the Toobey techy Compo Mojo set for those who want to hear what it does. Quite warm and lovely me thinks. :D

http://www.henryolonga.net/Nebula/Henry_Olonga_Tooby_Techy_Compo_Mojo_32_Bit_96_khz_WAV_demo_files.zip

Hey KP2009,

Thanks for that I have suddenly lost the ability to edit a post so I cannot do it. Is it to do with the spam issues? For any confused folk - it is easy to find on the website - just go to the shop - then Nebula presets and chose it.

Hey Tim. I count it an honour to get such a nice compliment from the man who has taken thinking outside the bos to a new level in this community so thanks for your hard work and generous tips here and there. They are much appreciated as we yearn to serve the community better and better. ;)

Metalblast. Yeah, I was surprised to see how high the high frequency extends in VST analyser. That thing goes nuclear above 10k. I have bumped into folks who mention that they can hear how it is 'open' with an extended top end. Guess we know why now - look at the plot at 192 khz - astonishing. :o .Probably needs to be used with caution as pairing it with bright material may hurt a little. But it does wonders for dull material for sure.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby lipa » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:25 pm

I've tried all the new libraries and can't stress enough how good they sound.. especially massive passive mojo (the preset with gentle mid boost :shock:) and cl1b mojo which I know is only for augumenting algo compressor but to me it works very good alone if only gentle leveling is desired.. (it does some very nice gain reduction actually!) 8-) Oh, and the drawmer 1960 lib has a lot of character. So does the vintage 1973 preamp, very nice coloration..bit different and most original sounding when compared to the rest of neves in Henrys` shop.. :D Thank You Henry!
lipa

Postby Metalblast » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:05 pm

Henry you right: the Millenium LO 192 preset is definitive audiophile food ! Thank You !!!
Metalblast
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby everbeatz » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:23 pm

Are there any demos to try?
everbeatz
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby Henry Olonga » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:02 pm

What do you want to try? I used to put up demos but because my stuff is so cheap the cost of bandwidth became and issue. I am trying to get audio demos done as time goes by but that just becomes a burden to be honest as I am on the road a lot and my tiume at home is spent sampling and editing. :(
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:56 pm

everbeatz wrote:Are there any demos to try?

^^What Henry said. Just buy one or 2, they are ridiculously cheap. I personally would rather not see Henry make demo versions (which require more work) and possibly force him to raise his prices. His sales help an awesome charity too, so asking for free stuff, in my opinion, is like asking him to take from the charitable efforts. Buy 1 and if you like it, buy more. If you don't, by a different one anyway and try again.... The prices are so low it is ALMOST like a free demo. :mrgreen:
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby everbeatz » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:37 pm

Sorry if my post came across as disrespectful or something as it wasn't aimed that way - forums and writing sometimes suck cos it can appear as totally opposite of original intentions...
Anyway, I was curious about T******h comp programs - to me Nebula is still sub-par when it comes to compression
everbeatz
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby Henry Olonga » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:37 am

Hey everbeatz,

Didn't take it the wrong way at all. It's all cool :) .

Now - compressors. What I do is sample the tone of the compressor at various settings. Not a perfect way to do it as a compressor may compress different frequencies deeper than others with a sweep. I sampled anyway and it gives interesting curves as one would expect using a sweep tone. Some deep compression settings compress the mid range more for example so you get a scooped sound.

Two settings are the most true to the tone. The 'LOW DRIVE' and 'no compression' samplings.

With the T******h I have sampled the compressor at first with a high input,but no compression just to excite the tubes ( I do this with all compressor samplings ). This is the 'go to' preset because there was no compression. Then the low drive is to get the needle to compress about 2 dbs GR with a slow attack and release. The needle normally stays put really. This gives a warmer sound sometimes. Then I go a little crazy to see what else will sound nice or crazy. Some settings just work on some pieces so I go for those. ( Ratio of 4, 12 pm attack and 2 pm release for vocals for example on a Tube tech.) Then I package it and ask you to use your own plugin compressor to tweak to your hearts content. So yes, I don't rely on Nebula's engine for compression behaviour at all.Just the tone.

Now in the case of the Tube tech mojo presetI think it gets you closer to the original if you place the mojo preset in front of the plugin but there are no rules. Input settings are important. You can get it to really rock. :D .

So go for it - it is an excellent one to try to get a feel for my tools. The Chiswick R Mojo set which is up but not yet announced ;) is just plain gorgeous.
Good luck
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:37 am

If you read what he says about these programs, the compressor libraries of Henry's are samples of the tone of the compression, not to be used for accurate gain reduction. Couple them with your favorite algo comp, these mojo presets are "set-it-and-forget-it" presets, nothing to tweak....just magical tone. Awesome sounding, by the way.

Edit:

Oops. Henry is quick today...... :roll:
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby richie43 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:03 am

Hey Henry. Just wanted to let you know that at least here in Minnesota, USA, your website is unreachable. Mo errors, it just never loads.
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries