Login

Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Henry Olonga releases five new products!!!

Postby sneaky » Wed May 09, 2012 9:01 am

anybody posting before & after examples of their productions with the tape sim and or the buzzard?
sneaky

Postby prosodio » Wed May 09, 2012 11:35 am

I´m not sure if anamod (hard), being more tweakable than nebula, is better sounding than the R2R+tb++vtm combo... doubt it....
prosodio
User Level X
User Level X

Postby lipa » Wed May 09, 2012 2:17 pm

Im sorry guys, havent the time to do such comparisions at the moment.. besides, one mans' good is another man bad.. in this area one wants more of tape "effect", another just rolling out some hi-end, another wants some compression.. and so on.. different tapes/machines/presets for every one. I don't own full r2r package yet.. (have one otari preset sent me to try) only tape booster and vtm-m2.. also have rhytminmind studer and nagra..and all other free tape presets floating around this forum.. and I find Henry's tape sim FOR ME working better than others, but I use it all the time with tapebooster and vtm. I could easily use 3 or 4 instances between (one on tracks, one on groups and one on master) and it comes out veeeery good.. in comparision rhytmmind nagra sounds good too, but sometimes one instance is even more than enough for me.. see.. I like pretty transparent stuff to use it gradually. tapebooster also works better if I apply 3 "Low/Mid" instances instead of one "HI".. but hey.. Henry's lib is just 5 pounds! it's not expensive.. try it yourself guys! it costs less than our time for doing scientific comparissions and endless discussions.. :P
lipa

Postby lipa » Wed May 16, 2012 12:47 pm

Henry.. it's wednesday already.. we're waiting for a second volume of tape sim!! :D Also.. I've done some testing/comparing tape programs and seems that I've been partly wrong.. Henry's tape isn't transparent at all..but it "takes" more from sound then it adds.. it DEcolors/make more pleasing.. tracks instead of making them harsher sounding which most nebula tape presets do.. soundwise it reminds me of roundtone/roundtape - forgot the name (tape vst plugin) but it's richer/deeper in tone. Also it changes phase more then other tape presets do.. but again in much more pleasing way. I feel like others are rather tape "preamp color presets" (sometimes very good indeed) and Henry's tape sim is the first one I feel actually WORKING like tape. Anyway 7.5 ips roll out highs in such a beautiful way.. mmm.. :) and 15 ips is the best all around tape (as I said sometimes doing my tracks 2/3 times through it)..Henry.. I can't wait for the next one!
lipa

Postby indelible » Thu May 17, 2012 1:42 am

This question is for Henry or anyone who knows the right answer.In the tape pdf you say that is better to work at -6dB peak level.Is this only for the incoming signal or when the sound hit the next instance of nebula I have to stay around -6dB?How you people deal with different peak settings in libraries from different developers?For example AlexB says to work at -18dB.

Great work Henry.I have already bought the Buzzard and the Tape library.The buzzard works good on kicks and sub bass and now i'm loving the tape programs.Great work.

P.S:it will be a great thing If you bring to us a 44.1 programs in the next release
indelible
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby Henry Olonga » Thu May 17, 2012 2:22 am

Hi Lipa - it's been one of those crazy weeks so I am behind. Going away for a few days again. I will hopefully have Volume two up before I leave tomorrow afternoon. That's the goal at this stage...... :D .

Looking at the waveform plots you would see that these are in no way transparent.

Stereo samplings of course and the two channels on the hardware I used were anything but matched throughout the range. Of course anyone who wants to offset this somewhat can go into the kern page and change the setting to mono and then save.
Stay well
H
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Thu May 17, 2012 11:06 am

Sorry for the slight delay..... :cry:

Henry Olonga releases Tape Sim Vol 2. First machine but different tape emulation.
Tape sim is a series of eight packs aimed at simulating the sound of tape. Sampled at 192 khz and 96 khz it gets you there without the hassle.
URL: http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=h ... -2-192-khz

Any issues let me know. Best wishes. Henry
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby lipa » Thu May 17, 2012 1:27 pm

Yeah! ordered and downloading.. so.. when we can expect the next volume? hehe.. :mrgreen:
lipa

Postby Henry Olonga » Thu May 17, 2012 3:29 pm

You crack me up Lipa :D . Will drive home from a gig tonight to start the next one - Perhaps - after the weekend - especially just for you. May happen sooner but don't count on it.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby lipa » Thu May 17, 2012 5:19 pm

Ok ok.. didn`t mean to rush You really.. Have a nice concert and relax in the evening! I can wait. ;) After quick test I like this volume even more than the first one. So far I ran it on full mix and I'm getting even less harsh, more transparent highs and less muddy low-mids which is only good news! 8-) Sorry to be so excited about this libs.. I don`t know.. everybody seem to have abandoned nebula forums these days. I hope they are as happy as I am with latest libraries..for me it's like a miracle to be able to use Tape sim, Helios eq, Tube-Trek eq, but also Fenix, 76D compressors, Vinyl..and so on..reallly good stuff coming out almost weekly! :)
lipa

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries