Login

Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Postby Grim » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:30 am

G 20 Master bus is fantastic !!!

The "GoTo" preset is the one that really surprised me. It has a pretty deep dip I think around 750Hz...So apparently I never realised just how nasal my electric guitars were sounding with too much of this!

Easy to pass by it thinking it's a bit too extreme but get used to it for a minute and then switch it in and out.
If affecting other instruments negatively just stick it on a guitar bus and put another more neutral one on the master but often seems to work nicely on the mix with a few tweaks.

Amazing work Henry...A gold medal for you sir!
Grim

Postby Henry Olonga » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:39 pm

Thanks Grim,
:D

This afternoon I am sending out the next library to Beta testers ( scheduled for Monday release ). It is the G-20 Bass chain and if you liked the NV Bootsified bass chain this will no doubt make a superlative partner. It will knock your socks off - it has knocked mine off. Especially the 192 khz presets - if you regularly work at 96 khz - do try the 192 khz presets in your project. Amazing!! Of course as of recently all my libraries have 192 khz, 96 khz and 44.1 khz as standard. I am working backwards to bring the absent rates to all libraries.

I am running it through its paces on a mix I have been working on for a few months and I am blown away. I really can't believe how good Nebula/ITB bass can sound.

I think for those who ever dreamed of a GeeMeLL console hack ITB, then the G-20 series is the closest you can get to it. :lol: Already have Acoustic and Master buss - coming later are vocals, piano,kick drum, snare drum, strings, brass, toms and perhaps a few more. Watch this space and let the naysayers miss out.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:24 pm

Another Monday,

Another daughter, :D Another round of launches. Sigh ;). Very excited about this bunch as I can see some nice mixes coming your way. I have a bunch of interesting colours today.

Firstly - The Buzzard sees the set completed for a start. The hardware is pronounced Kullcher Vullcher. Capable of giving you a fuller, valvey, beefy, tapish sound it can also be used to knock off that harsh digital high end. You can use it on busses to make them less harsh and fuller and on bass and especially drums. Acoustic guitars take on a heavenly tone.Rhodes, organs and all electronic keyboards will sit right in the mix. Just use anywhere you want a fuller fatter sound. This time it is 96 khz and 44.1 khz only. I will upgrade the old one.Please note my advice about gain staging as I have gone for MAX distortion and also using a Tube emulation plugin in front of it. Transient peaks will overshoot if they are above a certain threshold. On transient light material you could crank it all the way but it may have artifacts depending on program material. My advice - lower the input level to -10 dbs and then work from there. You will be so close to a genuine analog distortion if you get the levels right. Nebula can only do so much however.There are varying sounds that differ from sample rate to sample rate. In other words the same preset may distort more at 44.1 khz than at 96khz and it varies across the range.

Secondly - the Toob pack. The simplest sampling I have ever done. It is in stereo and should give you a nice Master bus preamp as well as a colour to smoothen your individual tracks.

The Soloist pre sees bigger brother make an appearance. The SixTen valve preamp at your service. Simply an expansion on the dual version of the preamp with a few shelves thrown in.

Saving the best for last. The G-20 Bass chain. 8-) The purest signal from me to you on bass. You will either get it or you won't. I think you will love it. Wide overlapping bands and the cleanest DI available.

Enjoy everyone. ;)

Henry Olonga releases The Toob Pack PRE. .Not a boutique preamp at all but perfect to scatter across a mix and your Master bus may thank you.
URL: http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=henry-olonga-the-toob-pack-pre-192-khz

Henry Olonga releases Soloist Pre version 2. .A sampling of the dual version of this famous valve preamp with a few filters and shelves thrown in.
URL: http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=henry-olonga-soloist-pre-96-khz

Henry Olonga releases Buzzard T. .Sampled from a well known dirt box famous for distortion - primed for PHATNESS!!!
URL: http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=henry-olonga-buzzard-for-nebula-t-96-khz

Henry Olonga releases Buzzard P2 .Sampled from a well known dirt box famous for distortion - primed for PHATNESS!!!
URL: http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=henry-olonga-buzzard-for-nebula-p2-96-khz

Henry Olonga releases G-20 Bass. .Derived from arguably the cleanest channel strip around your bass probably never sounded better.
URL: http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=henry-olonga-g-20-bass-chain-192-khz

Enjoy - any teething issues - do get in touch
Last edited by Henry Olonga on Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby lipa » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:45 pm

Wow.. This is insane.. just started browsing through presets in G-20 library and came here to comment and just saw how many new releases appeared.. :shock: :P nice!! Ok, so before I go to paypal and start downloading these I just want to say G20 has become my favourite mixing tool overall. I guess, dealing with all those colorful libraries I forgot how nice can things sound passing through clean eqs/preamps.. GML bass library sounds really impressive, most of presets cleans all the mud I ever wanted to clean, while adding nice beefy low-end and extends highs a bit in a very natural way. NV bass works different, adding much more colour in the beginning.. so it depends what one wants at the moment, but it still amazes me how effortless and natural an eq (and preamp) can sound.
lipa

Postby richie43 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:57 pm

lipa wrote:Wow.. This is insane.. just started browsing through presets in G-20 library and came here to comment and just saw how many new releases appeared.. :shock: :P nice!! Ok, so before I go to paypal and start downloading these I just want to say G20 has become my favourite mixing tool overall. I guess, dealing with all those colorful libraries I forgot how nice can things sound passing through clean eqs/preamps.. GML bass library sounds really impressive, most of presets cleans all the mud I ever wanted to clean, while adding nice beefy low-end and extends highs a bit in a very natural way. NV bass works different, adding much more colour in the beginning.. so it depends what one wants at the moment, but it still amazes me how effortless and natural an eq (and preamp) can sound.

I just have to agree 100%. I also wanted to add that all of Henry's presets are becoming VERY regular in every mix lately. I love the clean stuff as much as the colorful. And on a related but slightly broader Nebula topic; Just this morning I loaded up an empty Nebula instance and was looking through my vast collection.... other than being a little embarrassed because I have so much...... I feel so lucky to be part of this specific era and technology of digital ITB audio.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Henry Olonga » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:03 pm

Here are demo files of the G-20 Bass and Buzzard presets for anyone interested. Added to the product page as well.

Mp3 only I am afraid but you'll get the idea. Fender bass guitar originally recorded in 24 bit 96 khz through the 1073 DMP and eqed with the 5033.

Download them here
http://www.henryolonga.net/nebula/Henry_Olonga_G-20_Bass_Demo.zip

http://www.henryolonga.net/nebula/Henry_Olonga_Buzzard_Demo.zip
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby botus99 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:42 am

I'm curious about the differences between the 3 Buzzards. I read over everything, but I can't figure it out :oops:
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby Definity » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:06 am

botus99 wrote:I'm curious about the differences between the 3 Buzzards. I read over everything, but I can't figure it out :oops:

One is pentode-1 distortion one is triode distortion and other one is pentode-2 basically pentode one and two are just different set-up of the circuit, for different sound I think.

Check out this picture you will see why.

http://digitalaudioservice.de/media/cat ... ice-30.jpg
Definity

Postby Henry Olonga » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:22 pm

One more coming your way. :D

Henry Olonga release NV Master Bus. This time ten presets to add colour to your Master bus including an 'EQ in' flat setting.
http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=henry-olonga-nv-master-bus-192-khz
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby botus99 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:57 pm

Definity wrote:One is pentode-1 distortion one is triode distortion and other one is pentode-2 basically pentode one and two are just different set-up of the circuit, for different sound I think.

Check out this picture you will see why.

http://digitalaudioservice.de/media/cat ... ice-30.jpg

Awesome! I appreciate the response
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries