Login

Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Postby Henry Olonga » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:01 pm

Hey Mr tele,

I sent an e-mail to all customers who bought early and then updated the website. What's your transaction number?

Henry

EDIT: MR Tele - e-mail sent.

If anyone else got the wrong password please let me know
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Link for Audio examples

Postby richie43 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:06 am

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l2qkuungj9x8epv/F1BM-bSpHO

I just got the go-ahead from Henry to post this link of some audio examples I made for the Drum Buss preset. I have more clips for all of the new libraries coming, but they are not ready. This is subtle, but very very awesome. These are 44.1kHz/24bit clips. Here are the same clips but in MP3 format, in case anyone has bandwidth issues.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/izznbobcbmr0k6s/_smGTui5YT
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby botus99 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:00 am

My passwords worked for what that's worth. The drumbuss and output libraries were just the ticket for a mix that I'm currently bouncing down! For this one in particular, the Hefty preset brought it from "good" to "thats what I'm talking about!". Much thanks again Henry! :mrgreen:
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby lipa » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:30 am

Thanks Henry! I've been trying a few presets from coming A*I channel libraries, great sound.. I've had some comparisions with my A*I 3124+ preamps and Henry's are a little brighter sounding but equally good in terms of giving punch and nice transformer distortion.. :D Will be trying drum bus today and will report too! Awesome mixing times ahead... :mrgreen:
lipa

Postby sneaky » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:14 pm

A*I channel?
sneaky

Postby Henry Olonga » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:24 pm

sneaky wrote:A*I channel?

Aha
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby david1103 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:17 pm

hi henry,

the demo just posted of "Get on the Bus – Drums 192 khz" sounds really good!

i would like to ask if the "Sampled at 192 khz, 96 khz and 44 khz." for THIS library means sampled at the native resolution or SRC using SOX as was mentioned in a previous thread?

i would also like to hear your opinion on using the TIMED engine on clean kernel. i think its much better quality, what do you think? here's the thread that talks about it:

http://acustica-audio.com/forum/index.p ... =viewtopic

i am assuming the advantage of your static presets over using one of the other A*I eq's is that its sampled as a pre-amp and therefore dynamic? are people picking up on this as better sound quality and worth sacrificing the control of the EQ bands?

final question... do these presets have the 'gdrive' slider to control the amount of input/output while keeping the volume identical?

GREAT price £2, and excellent work with the charity. i think at this price people will just buy it anyway. Even £4 you think twice, that's an expensive pint, £2, even if you dropped it on the floor you wouldn't start crying :D
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Henry Olonga » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:11 pm

Hi David,
Nice to here from you and thanks for your questions. I will attempt to answer them as best as I can.

About native sample rates - it depends on the library. I started out sampling everything at native but it took forever and I had to keep track of everything I did meticulously. I then decided to explore a faster workflow that did not infringe on quality. My earliest libraries up until about three weeks ago were all native.

I should really say 'Provided at 192 khz, 96 khz and 44.1 khz instead of sampled at as some of my libraries use the sox method.'Only the ones in the last three weeks mind you. Will amend the wording to be clearer :geek: .

Never tried the whole timed vs freqd thing to be honest. I sense that jury is out but some smart guys have done research. I certainly have not done my own tests to accertain which is better so I cannot chime in on the subject.

No Gdrive control at this stage - sorry. Still have to learn that one. Using nebula is like being in Uni. You have to dig for the info.

As far as my static preset approach goes, my reasoning is like this - intuitive or not. This comes with a disclaimer - if you are a sceptic - what I am about to say will not be adequate and I can hear the GS crew queing up to naysay and say that you cannot use presets to mix. Of course if you own a big studio with all the best gear in the world it is easy to snigger at the idea. But when your budget for software is less than a few hundred bucks, which is most home studio owners then anything to get them closer to the big boys for next to nothing is welcome. What Nebula has done is nothing short of democratising good sounds and I am sure that it makes a ton of people nervous. But it's all about working within the limitations.

Firstly, I needed to be different and the simplest way for me ( and my Q-clone background ) was to go static. The other samplers have done an awesome job with sweepable samplings.

Secondly,most people will find that any given instrument will have frequencies that 'sing' more often than not. I mean this on an aural, emotional level not just scientific. For example - on a GML boosting 300 hz on most instruments makes them sound warmer, more round and generally more pleasant etc. 3 k makes them more present and 26k makes them hi fidelity. So if I gave you any well recorded vocal that sat within the range of the human voice ( not Barry White LOL ) it should benefit from boosting in certain places in more or less consistent zones. This is easier on EQs that you cannot screw up with. GML, N**e, A*I etc. These eqs basically sound musical at just about'any' setting so it's all about the sweet spots. If I can sample as many of those 'consistent zones' or sweet spots, I can then let you can grab a vocal and be there and there abouts easily. You can then determine whether something works or not straight off the bat.

The great thing about the other libraries is they can augment mine. You can use them to boost or cut where mine cannot be tweaked and in fact I suggest that a high quality digital parametric placed in front of my presets gives you the utmost flexibility whereas Nebula gives you 'the sound'. S****x, EQsat, Equality, and DDMF eqs come to mind. So carving the sound around my presets is what I suggest because of course they won't work on everything - I am aware of that. But when they work - they can be magic. ;)

What you don't get with other libraries is how the overlapping bands interact in the hardware. You can load up many instances of nebula to tweak the Highs, mids and lows and that also requires a lot of RAM and CPU. I try to give you the whole sound in 1 preset. So really it's horses for courses and whatever works on any given project is what I think we need to focus on. If you bought 100 presets from me and only 1 worked in a big project but it 'made' your song - then I will have done my job. For the record - I think you may find more than 1 useful preset he he he

As far as quality goes using the preamp setting - IMHO I think the ten kernel samplings are in general the highest quality nebula can give. I could be mistaken but it is resource hungry to try a ten kernel EQ. Do any exist? The whole static thing can be an issue for some but think of it this way. Most folk use static eq settings all the time. You sit down and tweak your hardware until you are happy with your sound - once you have your settings you then bounce down but you don't ride the knobs of an eq as your song plays. It's static. They are generally set and forget or you bounce down and then move on to the next track and tweak that.

Or put another way - some people get given tracks that have been tracked through hardware with effects burnt in. They cannot be tweaked but most engineers simply reach for a VST EQ and carve the track to their liking. I think that is the approach to have.

The real magic will start to take shape when I do the quick mix presets with all the subtleties of the eq, the distortion and the stereo image pumped through the output on the master bus. I am working as quick as I can as I have a few days off.

Boy that was a long reply - hope it helps.
Henry

david1103 wrote:hi henry,

the demo just posted of "Get on the Bus – Drums 192 khz" sounds really good!

i would like to ask if the "Sampled at 192 khz, 96 khz and 44 khz." for THIS library means sampled at the native resolution or SRC using SOX as was mentioned in a previous thread?

i would also like to hear your opinion on using the TIMED engine on clean kernel. i think its much better quality, what do you think? here's the thread that talks about it:

http://acustica-audio.com/forum/index.p ... =viewtopic

i am assuming the advantage of your static presets over using one of the other A*I eq's is that its sampled as a pre-amp and therefore dynamic? are people picking up on this as better sound quality and worth sacrificing the control of the EQ bands?

final question... do these presets have the 'gdrive' slider to control the amount of input/output while keeping the volume identical?

GREAT price £2, and excellent work with the charity. i think at this price people will just buy it anyway. Even £4 you think twice, that's an expensive pint, £2, even if you dropped it on the floor you wouldn't start crying :D
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:17 pm

Check what the postman dropped off today. I wonder what it may be - ooooops an original lustraphone 'Titan eq'. woooohoo - once she is racked up she is going to see 192 khz baby. :D

Some quick mix tools seem in order - in fact Titan eq to tape seems like an idea - bring back that nostalgic 70s feel. :lol:

Helios-1.jpg
Helios-1.jpg (24.76 KiB) Viewed 895 times

Helios-2.jpg
Helios-2.jpg (91.93 KiB) Viewed 895 times
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:27 pm

There is no stopping you, you Nat-crazed mad-man.... :lol:

Who would want you to stop, anyway? Certainly no one on this forum. :shock:
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries