Login

Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Postby SWAN » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:56 pm

I think the Bricasti project could be one of the best things to ever happen to Nebula. The Bricasti IRs sound great but if captured in depth with Nebula - it will give an amazing reverb sound that everyone lusts over - for FREE - in the box. We all know Nebula is excellent for sampling reverb - and the combination of Bricasti and Nebula should be awesome. I think it will do a huge amount for marketing a Bricasti and Nebula. And it will also be very positive for Henry and Michael for promoting their programs - as people flock to get it. I cant wait. :D
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Henry Olonga » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:49 pm

Hi Lipa,

Nice to hear from you as always. As you can see I am attempting to put into practice suggestions made here and elsewhere to provide a good service. I really want to focus on preamps, tones, reverbs and chains as this is where I can work quickly.

I try as best as I can to avoid stepping on the toes of other producers where I can. The G-20 will not be an exhaustive series as Michael has already covered that EQ. Of course mine is a full channel with a preamp, DI with filters and sampled eq with interacting bands. But with that in mind, I do intend on using my channel in conjunction with other pieces to sample three or four components in series for more mojo and colour.

The A*I has been done very well by Alex and also AITB. No doubt I will get a piece in, in the future for a quick mix series but again it will be part of a series of pieces as opposed to being 1 unique piece.

The same goes for tapes. I would like to sample tapes but as part of a chain - of course. For example NV preamp into NV EQ into 670 onto Tape.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:58 pm

SWAN wrote:I think the Bricasti project could be one of the best things to ever happen to Nebula. The Bricasti IRs sound great but if captured in depth with Nebula - it will give an amazing reverb sound that everyone lusts over - for FREE - in the box. We all know Nebula is excellent for sampling reverb - and the combination of Bricasti and Nebula should be awesome. I think it will do a huge amount for marketing a Bricasti and Nebula. And it will also be very positive for Henry and Michael for promoting their programs - as people flock to get it. I cant wait. :D

We all agree on this being a great addition to the nebula family and boy does Nebula need more exposure for what it does. Let me just say that the reason the Bricasti sounds as good as it is is because there is alot going on. So much so that it makes it less than simple to sample with sweeps. I won't go into specifics but understand that we will get there but with some compromises - won't discuss these in public just yet. It will sound amazing though. Early tests are promising.

Best wishes.
Henry
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby botus99 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:08 pm

2 things:

First, I'd be willing to throw £50 for whatever you're thinking about doing because you do an excellent job with everything that I've used :mrgreen:

Second, I would make the Bricasti only for those who have paid for Nebula. If it was provided with the Nebula free version, the CPU usage would be higher and the usage is really high with reverbs anyway... we all know the kinds of complaints that will come out of JUST that (it may turn more people away from Nebula that to it). Plus, keeping it "paid-version only" may make a few people jump ship to buying Nebula JUST for the Bricasti alone (and then notice all the other cool toys we're privileged to have)
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby lipa » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:10 pm

to be honest I think it would be better if You just expanded families of libraries in the same way You did so far.. no need to double 670 mojo or nv preamp in chains.. i think it would be much more interesting for us if You just continued to add flavours and presets.. (if not A*I then maybe tg or siemens..).. with nv it was also covered good by AlexB in MWQ but it still sounds different (in my opinion much better) and gives more options..don't worry about that.. we will buy those libs anyway (even if You did A*I 550a then A*I 550b and then 560.. i'd buy them all :P ).. we would like to construct our own chains with blocks You're giving us now.. tapes, eqs, preamps, outs.. all separate ;)
lipa

Postby Henry Olonga » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:29 pm

botus99 wrote:2 things:

First, I'd be willing to throw £50 for whatever you're thinking about doing because you do an excellent job with everything that I've used :mrgreen:

Second, I would make the Bricasti only for those who have paid for Nebula. If it was provided with the Nebula free version, the CPU usage would be higher and the usage is really high with reverbs anyway... we all know the kinds of complaints that will come out of JUST that (it may turn more people away from Nebula that to it). Plus, keeping it "paid-version only" may make a few people jump ship to buying Nebula JUST for the Bricasti alone (and then notice all the other cool toys we're privileged to have)

Thanks for your input. I will not be editing the final release - I am sampling. I will pass that on however.

Best wishes.

Henry
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:49 pm

lipa wrote:to be honest I think it would be better if You just expanded families of libraries in the same way You did so far.. no need to double 670 mojo or nv preamp in chains.. i think it would be much more interesting for us if You just continued to add flavours and presets.. (if not A*I then maybe tg or siemens..).. with nv it was also covered good by AlexB in MWQ but it still sounds different (in my opinion much better) and gives more options..don't worry about that.. we will buy those libs anyway (even if You did A*I 550a then A*I 550b and then 560.. i'd buy them all :P ).. we would like to construct our own chains with blocks You're giving us now.. tapes, eqs, preamps, outs.. all separate ;)

I hear you and I will take it on board about the separates so that you can chain things your own way. Now about specific bits of hardware, I need to make you aware of something behind the scenes - there is a 'gentleman's agreement'in place between myself and other respected developers. Some developers do this full time and their livelihood depends on this side of the business going well. Can I do a different job of sampling a piece - of course - but I have a lot of respect for the pioneers who started this whole rollercoaster and if they have sampled something - unless I make it different then I may stear clear to avoid any kind of awkwardness, IOW it won't just be an eq for example - it may be a preamp - eq- comp - output; all in one sampling. It is a nice small community at this point and I think we ( developers ) would all do well to get along. Besides, I am the new kid on the block with lots to learn. :D

Of course I still want to serve the needs of customers. I will endeavour to source some 'out there' pieces if this line of work can indeed continue to raise much needed funds for the charity. So far roughly £500 in the piggy bank - so thanks everyone for your support.

Take care.
H

If anyone wants to be a beta tester of my upcoming stuff in the coming months please e-mail me at - sales ( at ) nebulapresets.com. I can only have a select few so get in quickly.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby lipa » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:08 am

I meant that Your NV sounds much better than MWQ.. not the other way around :D

I wrote You about betatesting.. also.. I still will try to convince You to rather keep on track with doing such great libraries but keep them separate (eqs from tapes and from compressors mojo etc) because it's really easier for people to have one/two ways of mixing music and not have ten different approaches.. let's avoid headaches and have maximum options in stacking colors our own way.. It's been so great until now, why change..

Also, I totally understand and respect Your gentelmens' agreement. Fortunately there's still so much preamps,eqs, summing boxes to cover.. :P
lipa

Postby mr.tele » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:38 am

I, for one, really like the chains, Henry. It saves time and CPU/memory usage. I also love your creativity and ear. Some of your chains have gotten me results that I'm not sure I could achieve on my own, or if I could it would take me a hell of a lot longer to do it. :lol: It's kind of like having a really good engineer working with me, so I can concentrate better on playing and producing. You know "Give me a sound like "blank.", and it's there. I do plenty of my own tweaking as well, but I appreciate what you are doing a lot, and find it extremely useful. The same with CDS Drum Comps. I like the approach.
mr.tele
User Level X
User Level X

Postby lipa » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:47 am

again.. i don't know if we understood correctly.. I love everything Henry has released so far..use it on daily basis. I like idea of making a chain of eq and preamp/di - same firm/model or same color (like rupert and brent in NV).. OR chains like quick kick (different preamps and one eq) but I don't see much sense in doing chain like preamp, comp, eq, tape.. within one presets cause it doesn't let us do anything..and use other libraries to build sound and stack colors..
I mean, of course, if Henry releases something like that I'd buy and use it somehow for sure but now we have so much luck to be able to use one preamp, another eq feed it to 670mojo or TDC or 76D or 4KD comps..and then choose a tape.. it's great! :P
lipa

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries