Login

Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Postby mr.tele » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:44 pm

richie43 wrote:I can only speak for myself, but I would be fine if Henry gave us even LESS written info than now if it meant that he was able to keep pumping out these amazing sounding (and unusually low priced!!) presets. I love the process of just loading them up based on the name and figuring out how they work in whatever project I am working on. As I (I am sure annoying) repeat on these threads, I come from an all analog audio world, where the idea of presets, descriptions of settings, and anything besides just turning knobs and listening doesn't exist. So Henry's "lack" of info is perfectly fine and comfortable for me. So at risk of upsetting all of you that are begging Henry for more written documentation.... Henry, keep doing whatever you do!!

+1! :D I think not having to take the time to do all that is one way Henry can keep his prices so low. Time is money!
mr.tele
User Level X
User Level X

Postby lipa » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:49 pm

i'm not annoyed by this and love the presets and their sound too.. also preset names ARE descriptive enough for me too.. mixing is more of an intuition. Certainly changed the way I mix but results have only been much better than without those.. so yeah.. keep'em coming Henry!! ;)
lipa

Postby Grim » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:41 pm

Hi Henry....I saw you mention on Gearslutz you were working towards creating other sample rates versions of your libraries. Is this still happening?

Really keen to try out some more of the instrument specific libraries having given vocality a go, but hesitant to buy any more 192 only sets after you also mentioned that 192-44 SRC in Neb is maybe not the best idea.
Grim

Postby indelible » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:46 pm

Grim wrote:Hi Henry....I saw you mention on Gearslutz you were working towards creating other sample rates versions of your libraries. Is this still happening?

Really keen to try out some more of the instrument specific libraries having given vocality a go, but hesitant to buy any more 192 only sets after you also mentioned that 192-44 SRC in Neb is maybe not the best idea.

+1.I'll buy more libraries for sure
indelible
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby Henry Olonga » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:37 am

Grim wrote:Hi Henry....I saw you mention on Gearslutz you were working towards creating other sample rates versions of your libraries. Is this still happening?

Hi Grim,

The last two weeks of presets have had three sample rates. 192k, 96k and 44.1k. I think since the BeGe1 all my libraries have had all three rates. The G-20 Acoustica has 90 presets for example - 30 presets in all three rates. I think you will be happy with it. Guys kept asking so I adjusted my workflow and although it is an extra step to do the other sample rates, it makes sense to go the extra mile for customers as it seems a reasonable request. ( I initially was hesitant )

I will also be SLOWLY working backward through all my inventory and covering all the above 3 major sample rates. So yes - all the 192 khz packages will be available in lower rates in time. There will be a cross grade option and as usual it will be peanuts. So you can buy now and get the feel of the libraries and then when I add the updates you will be used to what the general sound of each pack is. I also need to make some updates and fixes to some packages as there is always something new I learn about the technique and callibration. I will also expand libraries to bigger sizes over time as user feedback gets in. I also have to release the 2nd and 3rd edition of the buzzard.

As far as the other piece I am getting goes, you will love it.

I am always open to library ideas so if you like a preset but think I could have done it better, differently or could have done more, just let me know. Always looking for new ideas. If you are in the UK and have a studio with lots of fragile gear that you would like the sound digitally archived with Nebula, I can also assist with that ,perhaps in a contra deal or open to discuss fees.

I am afraid that I am away for Ten days so no new stuff but will be available to answer questions as usual.

Best wishes

Henry
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby lipa » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:01 am

ok..here some other colours I'd love Henry nebulised in da bright future.. (preamps, eqs too..)

D.W. Fearn, C******r (ltd-1), S*L vhd, M****y, La Chapell.. to name just a few..

I know these are covered in other libs but why not have few options.. besides Henrys' versions sound better or at least very interesting and always are usuful. ;)
lipa

Postby Grim » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:57 pm

So you can buy now and get the feel of the libraries and then when I add the updates you will be used to what the general sound of each pack is.

Thanks Henry.
This is exactly what I am doing with the NV vocality pack, but as data limits are also an issue for me I'll just have to be patient on some of the other NV packs so I don't have to double download once the extra SRs are added....some of those are a BIG download already.

If I download a 2Gb library that's a big chunk of my monthly allowance used up (damn you mobile broadband!) :(
Grim

Postby KP2009 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:07 am

Henry how about these in stereo: M****y SLAM!, A****n AD2022, Crane Song STC-8, M****y Variable Mu Mastering Version, Waves MaxxBCL, Drawmer S3, GML 2030, M****y Massive Passive Mastering Version, T**e-T**h SMC 2BM, Tonelux OTB16, Dangerous Music 2-BUS LT, C******r Limited TG2 Abbey Road Special Edition, Dangerous Music 2-BUS, Rupert N**e Designs 5059 Satellite, Dangerous Music Master,A*I 3124MB+, T**e-T**h SSA 2B

Just to name a few, lolol :oops: :D :D
KP2009
User Level X
User Level X

Postby SWAN » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:55 pm

henry - any update on the Bricasti project?
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby richie43 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:31 pm

I just wanted to jump in here and say that I have been using ALL of the presets from Henry in ALL of my projects lately, and these really blow me away. My ears are in love!!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries