Login

Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Postby Henry Olonga » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:59 am

Hey guys,

The coupon apparently has expired. Give me a second and I will fix it.

Henry
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Mplay » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:06 pm

The coupon doesn't seem to work yet.
Mplay

Postby richie43 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:15 pm

Oh no, does that mean we will have to pay 2 pennies instead of only 1??? LOL. :shock:
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Mplay » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:40 pm

Im not rich like you :)
Mplay

Postby richie43 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:11 pm

Mplay wrote:Im not rich like you :)

I am rich by name only! I wasn't poking fun at you, I was just complimenting Henry on his incredible "full-price" prices. He is a generous guy!
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:20 pm

I thought that was a rather nice 'mPlay' on words.
:lol:
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:43 pm

RJHollins wrote:I thought that was a rather nice 'mPlay' on words.
:lol:

:D :lol: :o :mrgreen:
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Mplay » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:01 pm

I was just joking :), not about the discount though. I'm not dutch for nothing :D
Mplay

Postby Henry Olonga » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:11 pm

I double checked it and extended it but its obviously giving issues. If anyone still wants a discount just email me at sales@nebulapresets.com and I will give a personalised coupon.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby babiuk » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:47 am

h-man wrote:Hi Martinez.

I have no plans to do a compressor version to be honest. I am focussed on tones and will leave 'actions' to other developers who want to go there. l have read it said that the compression side of Nebula is just missing the faster attacks that algorithmic emulatins do well. The mojo is there but not the envelope action. I am staying out of the compressor side of the pond. but I know that the tone of a Fairchild is worth the entry price alone even without compression. Perhaps this may appeal a bit more to the mastering guys and folks who work on soft acoustic mixes.

The T-racks emulation is very highly rated actually in its accuracy but like all things algorithmic, it has no real depth. I am fusing the best of both worlds in my package. It is something affordable enough to experiment with even if it is not your cup of tea. I am away from home but let me make a suggestion from memory. Pull up the T-racks emulation or try the demo. Set it to C1 with the threshold set to give 2 dbs compression on a master track. Not a crushed, limited, modern, loud master, but perhaps a nice dynamic mix. Load one of my Nebula presets. For obvious effect, perhaps choose the, 'deepest' setting. play and then hit bypass after a few seconds and then repeat. (Level match so that loudness is similiar of course). Perhaps then you may understand why I went this way. The algorithmic plugin offers full control of the emulation for quick repeatable and predictable changes and Lat Vert as well. No neb sampling can offer the flexibility that a vst plug can. It's just the nature of the beast. Don't forget that 10 distortion kernels count for something as well. The tone is fully preserved IMHO.

Again , I am sure that once you have heard it at work ( and it is mostly subtle not in your face - but is definitely discernible ) you will understand why it is loved. and why I went this way. It is the marriage of the best of algorithmic with best of sampling.

I have personally tried it on drums , acoustic guitar and vocals with pleasing results.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE
EDIT: It may at first appear on first loading the 670 MOJO that not a lot is going on. As usual with nebula there are a few tricks to consider. Of course I have mentioned this in the manual and might as well add it here. For the Fairchild to really impart it's sonic signature you may need to experiment for what works for you. It may be that if you are in mixing mode and want it to be heard more then place it after your Fairchild VST emulation but perhaps the mastering guys may want to add it before for less invasive texture. No rules on this.
It also reveals more colour as you push the input. Again for obvious effect crank the input to +6 and lower the output to level match when bypassed and compare.
Best wishes friend

Henry

martinez wrote:Hey Henry, I got all excited when I saw the 670 on your site but then i discovered that it isn't as a compressor.
Is there any chance you will be sampling this in the future for it actual compression?

Please don't say no!

Hi,Henry,
I just wanted to share a test for your MOJO 670 demo program I made using it just after Tracks Fairchild, as you advice to use it. I used the 6 position of 670 unit getting 2dbs of GR. Here you have dry file and Tracks+MOJO file:

http://soundcloud.com/babiuk/sets/mojo-test

I think the results are amazing, it sounds very very cool and very "what I think it must be a real Fairchild", the freq response is brilliant ;)
I hope this can show the use you point to.

Anyway it´s just the MOJO 670 demo program, I couldn't get the full one, I'm looking forward I can do it in a future. I'm sure the full package is even much better.
Thanks, Henry, for that work, I find it extremelly atonishing.
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries