Login

Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Henry Olonga releases many new products!!!

Postby KP2009 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:41 am

Henry..hmmm Ordered, didn't get the download links yet :? :mrgreen:
KP2009
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Henry Olonga » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:48 am

Hey Kp. Should be instant as my site is fully automated. After payment you are taken to your personal account page. If you navigated away then thats okay, just log in to your account on the site. Your links will be there with all relevant info. Best wishes. Let me know of any issues so I can check if it is a wider issue. H
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby KP2009 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:34 am

yea it usually is I have all your libraries but not this time... :o

Still waiting...

Checked in box, Spam, out Box round box lol.. Did search only have previous order from 6-5-2012 Transaction.. No new ones except Pay Pal Receipt from 6-7-2012 order of new libraries no D/L links and pass..
KP2009
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Henry Olonga » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:06 am

Hey KP,

Something odd going on on the server. Sorry about this guys. Just have the tablet and only get home tonight unfortunately to get to the bottom of it. Will do my best to address it. Anyone else affected?

I am at a cricket match all day so will address this on arrival at home tonight by midnight gmt hopefully

Best wishes.

Henry
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Yllet » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:27 pm

* Just ordered "tape 1" and tried on a project. I really like it, Though the volume seems btw 3-6db lower depending on preset. (Im always working in 24/44.1 so Nebula have to resample for me. Sounds good to me anyway :))

* When loading the presets on mono or stereo channels (Reaper 32) using Nebula reverb the output gets a little panned, depending on preset, some more than other, everything from 1-8% or something like that? Mostly 15/30ips

* Lo, mid and hi is how hard you have driven the tapes right? So Lo is cleaner than hi (that is much darker ofc)

* And one more thing: You said it takes time to load the presets? Well it takes like 1-2 seconds for me, something wrong here? I'm on i5 2500k and 8gb ram.

thanks for a nice tapesound.

/Jon
Yllet
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby Henry Olonga » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:41 pm

Hi everyone - I am back home now. Will crawl through the site to see who hasn't yet downloaded their files or anyone who posted or has e-mailed with issues. If you don't get in touch I shall asssume you got your links. If you didn't please send me an e-mail to sales at nebulapresets.com. Sincere apologies for anyone inconvenienced by this bug on my site. Thanks for your patience.

Hi Yllet,

The volume dip is present on most presets but I have explained it earlier in my Titan thread. It's a calibration thing and allows for headroom while trying to allow for internal processing without clipping. Just adjust using the input fader and as you push the level and it gets to the input limit it adds subtle distortion. Peaks at -6 db are ideal with my presets. This is so you can push your peaks into the 'virtual digital red' where the distortion lies and still come out around about 0 dbfs. Never a perfect science or calbration but that is how I have worked it out. Many record at -12 db I understand but my calibration is tied to the nebula input fader which offers 6 db gain.

I think you are seeing my imprecise stereo level matching during recording. I improved it in the libraries after the the first as I deliberatley level matched after the fact. I may do an update in the future to address the issue. It exists in the Buzzard library as well. Quick cure is to make the presets work in mono. Go into the kern page and adjust to work the presets in mono instead of stereo and it will be perfect.But you lose the right channel and it's subtle differences which make the stereo recordings sound more non predictive.

I sampled the tape sim a while back so this is my fuzzy memory. I sampled it with different bias settings and constant input levels. Just pushed into the red - a little. The bias settings are Lo ( normal - but it's too long a word for Nebula). This is the 12 o'clock position of the bias knob. Med - medium - 3 o'clock. HI - High is the 5 o'clock position maybe.

The library load issue is about right. Nothing odd there. It may slow workflow down but once you know your way around my libraries it becomes less and issue I hope .
Yllet wrote:* Just ordered "tape 1" and tried on a project. I really like it, Though the volume seems btw 3-6db lower depending on preset. (Im always working in 24/44.1 so Nebula have to resample for me. Sounds good to me anyway :))

* When loading the presets on mono or stereo channels (Reaper 32) using Nebula reverb the output gets a little panned, depending on preset, some more than other, everything from 1-8% or something like that? Mostly 15/30ips

* Lo, mid and hi is how hard you have driven the tapes right? So Lo is cleaner than hi (that is much darker ofc)

* And one more thing: You said it takes time to load the presets? Well it takes like 1-2 seconds for me, something wrong here? I'm on i5 2500k and 8gb ram.

/Jon
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Yllet » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:56 pm

h-man wrote:Hi everyone - I am back home now. Will crawl through the site to see who hasn't yet downloaded their files or anyone who posted or has e-mailed with issues. If you don't get in touch I shall asssume you got your links. If you didn't please send me an e-mail to sales at nebulapresets.com. Sincere apologies for anyone inconvenienced by this bug on my site. Thanks for your patience.

Hi Yllet,

The volume dip is present on most presets but I have explained it earlier in my Titan thread. It's a calibration thing and allows for headroom while trying to allow for internal processing without clipping. Just adjust using the input fader and as you push the level and it gets to the input limit it adds subtle distortion. Peaks at -6 db are ideal with my presets. This is so you can push your peaks into the 'virtual digital red' where the distortion lies and still come out around about 0 dbfs. Never a perfect science or calbration but that is how I have worked it out. Many record at -12 db I understand but my calibration is tied to the nebula input fader which offers 6 db gain.

I think you are seeing my imprecise stereo level matching during recording. I improved it in the libraries after the the first as I deliberatley level matched after the fact. I may do an update in the future to address the issue. It exists in the Buzzard library as well. Quick cure is to make the presets work in mono. Go into the kern page and adjust to work the presets in mono instead of stereo and it will be perfect.But you lose the right channel and it's subtle differences which make the stereo recordings sound more non predictive.

I sampled the tape sim a while back so this is my fuzzy memory. I sampled it with different bias settings and constant input levels. Just pushed into the red - a little. The bias settings are Lo ( normal - but it's too long a word for Nebula). This is the 12 o'clock position of the bias knob. Med - medium - 3 o'clock. HI - High is the 5 o'clock position maybe.

The library load issue is about right. Nothing odd there. It may slow workflow down but once you know your way around my libraries it becomes less and issue I hope .
Yllet wrote:* Just ordered "tape 1" and tried on a project. I really like it, Though the volume seems btw 3-6db lower depending on preset. (Im always working in 24/44.1 so Nebula have to resample for me. Sounds good to me anyway :))

/Jon

Aha I nice tnx for explaning. I have to re-render the tracks then ;) I changed the output of nebula to around +4db since I didnt wanna "clip the plug". So I need to change the input instead?! Thanks for clearing that out :)

/Jon
Yllet
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby Henry Olonga » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:05 pm

By pushing the input fader you can still clip the output of course so lower the output volume if the nebula over light turns on. It all depends on the input level of your track really. Michael Angel of CDsoundmaster has released a very useful nebula library for dealing with level discrepancies - and it's for free!!! I would go over to the thread and download it.( it is here in the third party section ) It may help you in this situation where you are attempting to gain stage and don't want to mess too much with the faders. You should always keep an eye on that over light however..... :D
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Yllet » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:09 pm

h-man wrote:By pushing the input fader you can still clip the output of course so lower the output volume if the nebula over light turns on. It all depends on the input level of your track really. Michael Angel of CDsoundmaster has released a very useful nebula library for dealing with level discrepancies - and it's for free!!! I would go over to the thread and download it.( it is here in the third party section ) It may help you in this situation where you are attempting to gain stage and don't want to mess too much with the faders. You should always keep an eye on that over light however..... :D

Im not even close to yellow when driving the input +6, i better need that gain stage thingy then right? ;)

It all depens on the source ofc, but should you aim for yellow/red light on your presets? Would be hard with a shaker ;)

/Jon
Yllet
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby Henry Olonga » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:21 pm

Imagine it is a virtual box that behaves somehwat like hardware. Sometimes with real hardware you might need to turn the input up to get a box to react a certain way and correspondingly turn the output level down before going into the next part of the chain. Sometimes the goodness is usually in that last few dbs. :D . Experiment to taste. Not all my presets give this to you. Titan gives more than enough - too much sometimes actually. I have been surprised at how much distortion came through as I originally thought it didn't have much but in use I have been surprised. Way before the limits of the presets.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries