Login

Room Hunters --- The Theater of Life, Nebula librairies

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Room Hunters --- The Theater of Life, Nebula librairies

Postby Mac » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:16 pm

It seems it will let you login if you go to the shop page and click "buy"...it then tells you you have to login....this page has a login field. It let me login on this page, not the original login page. Once I was logged in here, I could see "your downloads" link.

After about 5 attempts with and without a download manager (freedownload manager), it would only let me have either 35 MB or up to 300-400 MB before it would stop dead. Even with the download manager I could not resume the download. The Roomhunter guys were quick to respond to me, and advised Firefox. I then used Firefox on a hard-wired connection and it downloaded in under an hour.

It seemed as if it was timing out after a period, and simply denying access from that point, causing you to have to re-log in and start the download all over again. Hope this helps.
Mac
User Level II
User Level II

Postby Tjhungwell » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:14 am

I had no problems with logging in or downloading. Congratulations on these excellent programs!! They sound great and the depth + angle concept is very ingenieus. All the parameters you ever need!

This one is going to see a lot of use and I think it deserves lots of praise. This is a must buy in my book. For only 12Euro's, it's a steal.

I would focus the future work on maximizing CPU / RAM efficiency (no problems on the CPU front here, but it can probably be faster and more efficient! Just guessing ;-) but more importantly: sample as many rooms as you can! Big halls, small rooms, etc. All the usual suspects. The acqua plugin we can live without, but more rooms at this stunning quality would prove a valuable tool, especially for us folks that don't have great live recording rooms available. It's the most convincing reverb / room simulation (how should we call this?) available imho.
Tjhungwell
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby Grim » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:24 am

:( All I can see atm is this message:

We are uploading new files. Sorry You can't log for now.
Grim

Postby tumburu » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:58 am

The demo program is impressive. Never heard this degree of realism coming from my computer.
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Room Hunters » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:43 am

Oook ,

- we split the files to 5 parts of 220MB, each zip cointains 2 microphones pairs and parts are not linked (you can unzip any of them without having all the files)

- The server should be more efficient (hopefully we fixed the register things)

- All previous user should habe been properly registred

- If the registration issue is still there, we can fix it from our side by hand

- Tommorow another miror should be up

Sorry for the troubles ... We are not php gods !

If anyone of you experience problems , please don't hesitate to contact us to info@roomhunters.net
Virtual Room Miking ?
Room Hunters!
Room Hunters
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby Room Hunters » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:18 am

Tjhungwell wrote:I had no problems with logging in or downloading. Congratulations on these excellent programs!! They sound great and the depth + angle concept is very ingenieus. All the parameters you ever need!

We are very happy you enjoy it ! It's been A LOT of work but I think it worth it.
We have some good ideas to improve the stuff, and other fun ideas of other stuff...

Tjhungwell wrote: For only 12Euro's, it's a steal.

It's an introduction price .. Sponsored by Santa Claus

Tjhungwell wrote:I would focus the future work on maximizing CPU / RAM efficiency (no problems on the CPU front here, but it can probably be faster and more efficient! Just guessing ;-)

Ok this is THE thing ...
For exemple it was impossible to load more than one instance of the unrealeased"Thunder Room".

There is a lot of data in it. And the kernels are much longer than kernels for Preamps or EQ.
If we want to optimize further the only viable solution is to split the sampled area in subsampled area (like close-medium-far). I think we'll do that. But I think we'll do that to keep the mem usage as it is now, for a larger sampled area.

Tjhungwell wrote:but more importantly: sample as many rooms as you can! Big halls, small rooms, etc. All the usual suspects.

I agree. We have to do that and we'll have time to do that next year. I'd like to point your attention on the Big hall : I'm pretty sure the ideal RT60 of a big Hall is at least 1,2 sec. It's two times the RT60 of the Theater Of Life, so for the same sampled area it's twice the mem usage.

Tjhungwell wrote:It's the most convincing reverb / room simulation (how should we call this?) available imho.

You should call it VRM ;)

Thanks for your enthusiasm Tjhungwell
Virtual Room Miking ?
Room Hunters!
Room Hunters
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby futur2 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:24 pm

well yes, the download sucks. i'll try again now...
futur2

Postby Barendse » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:55 pm

futur2 wrote:well yes, the download sucks. i'll try again now...

No problems over here, works perfect now.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Mplay » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:30 pm

I read you recommand a 64 bit os, but its working here with 32bit win xp. Loading in 96kHz projects also ok, although it takes a while to load

Great addition to the nebula arsenal all in all
Mplay

Postby enriquesilveti » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:53 pm

It's an introduction price .. Sponsored by Santa Claus

An Santa Gian that work closer with RH for make this release ready.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries