Login

Room Hunters --- The Theater of Life, Nebula librairies

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Room Hunters --- The Theater of Life, Nebula librairies

Postby Room Hunters » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:11 pm

Hello to all,

trickster wrote:These programs have been a revelation for me.

Thanks trickster for this cool comment; we are glad the TOL did help you in your mixing quest.

farjedi wrote:yeah more spaces..nice mics in a fairly dead studio would be nice, for a bit of air round stuff but not too strong reverb tail.. :mrgreen:

trickster wrote:Hell yeah, studio space!

We totally agree this should be done ! ;)

Ramana wrote:Was there going to be a version done in steps without the interpolation? I'm wary of the depth because of phasiness, but it is very beautiful sounding.

trickster wrote:I'm also hoping those stepped versions will make an appearance sooner or later :)

We are so late on this ! And we are very very sorry.
Next week, we'll give those, and reupload a correct free version.

oldhanke wrote:Will they release the VST plugin of TOL?

Yes we will.
When ? We don't know.
The good news is we certainly find a way to fix the main problem with the VST Gui. Giancarlo nicely proposed us to test it 2 weeks ago. But since we have no time at all, we proposed to delay it so he can works on sidechain.

We need to finish big projects. Once it's done, we'll have time for Room Hunters. We are still very excited, and have lots of ideas. We can't wait to bring them in.

Thanks again for you cool comments !
Virtual Room Miking ?
Room Hunters!
Room Hunters
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby beingmf3 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:45 pm

Haha – I just NEEDED to write a "Thank You" and a request to you guys, when I saw that EXACTLY my post had already been addressed above :)

So, first of all: thanks for this amazing program! Today it put a big smile on my face when I used it on a snare (sampled overhead channel) and a piano. Incredibly real and smooth!
And while I was tweaking the snare, I thought "Hell, a dead-ish 70's studio space would be killer, mainly for overheads, but maybe also for amps".

I see, I'm not alone :) I hope you'll get to do it soon, I'll buy it immediately!
beingmf3

Postby burnsound » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:07 am

Sample a Big Church!

Please?
burnsound
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby Bsharp » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:58 am

Bump on the stepped versions :)
Bsharp
User Level III
User Level III

Postby ngarjuna » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:04 pm

greekpeet wrote:RH Reverb completed my search for verb.

Next to CDsoundmasters Producer's Pack 2 these are indispensable. I do mainly electronic composition and there is a certain 'sound' for people to constantly grab digital algorithmic based reverbs in the various styles of composition. I have to say there is NOTHING better even with a pure electronic composition than a 'real' room.

Between this and PP2, HUGE gains in sonic quality and with these I'm more able to accurately translate my musical ideas from pen to playback.

The more I set my mixing chains like more natural studio session the better my compositions sound.

IE instrument in a 'room', hall or other space, recorded through pre-amps, through a board, to tape, and so forth.

This program makes things electronic compositions believable, real, natural and organic.

Fantastic job, and can not recommend these enough along side the verbs in CDSM PP2.

Just a curiosity, I own and frequently use the PP2 reverbs (I agree with you, they are really great sounding 'verbs). Was just wondering how you would compare this to the PP2 rooms; I'm not looking for which is "better" so much as differences/similarities, why you would go for one over another, etc. Haven't ponied up for the Room Hunters programs yet but I'm definitely tempted.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby Bsharp » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:39 pm

The thing about roomhunters Room is there is different mics and all different choices for mic placement. It is actually similar to having a room with great acoustics to record in, instead of adding reverb to a signal.
Bsharp
User Level III
User Level III

Postby ngarjuna » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:38 pm

Bsharp wrote:The thing about roomhunters Room is there is different mics and all different choices for mic placement. It is actually similar to having a room with great acoustics to record in, instead of adding reverb to a signal.

Interesting. I fear I shall have to break my moratorium on buying Nebula programs and check it out, that sounds very cool. Thanks for the feedback!
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Routing stereo source for True Stereo with TOL

Postby whatsisname » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:04 pm

Hi folks,

Bought this brilliant sounding library a few days ago.

Been experimenting with the correct routing for a stereo source (drum OHs) into TOL (Cubase 6) using aux sends, to get a True Stereo result. This is what I've found.

I created two stereo aux channels, both with TOL inserted, both instances set to full depth, one instance set -40% angle, the other +40% angle.

Now, as far as I can work out, you can't use the send from a stereo group or track to get the correct results (in Cubase anyway). To create True Stereo reverb, the left channel (only) of the stereo source has to go into the -40% instance of TOL, the right channel (only) has to go into the +40%. The only way to do this is from dual mono source tracks rather than one stereo track.

If you use two seperate sends from the stereo source track to the two instances of TOL, with those sends panned left and right alternately so the left channel goes to the "left" instance of TOL and the right channel to the "right" instance, you end up with only the left half of the output of "left" instance of TOL and only the right half of the "right" instance.

This seems to be a limitation of either the way Nebula works, or this particular library. For example using L*****n PCM Native, which is a True Stereo plugin, the above routing isn't necessary - you can just use the send from a stereo channel in the usual way.
whatsisname
User Level I
User Level I

Postby highvoltage » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:25 pm

Bsharp wrote:Bump on the stepped versions :)

Is there anything happening in that department?
highvoltage

Re: Routing stereo source for True Stereo with TOL

Postby mathias » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:40 pm

whatsisname wrote:Hi folks,

Bought this brilliant sounding library a few days ago.

Been experimenting with the correct routing for a stereo source (drum OHs) into TOL (Cubase 6) using aux sends, to get a True Stereo result. This is what I've found.

I created two stereo aux channels, both with TOL inserted, both instances set to full depth, one instance set -40% angle, the other +40% angle.

Now, as far as I can work out, you can't use the send from a stereo group or track to get the correct results (in Cubase anyway). To create True Stereo reverb, the left channel (only) of the stereo source has to go into the -40% instance of TOL, the right channel (only) has to go into the +40%. The only way to do this is from dual mono source tracks rather than one stereo track.

If you use two seperate sends from the stereo source track to the two instances of TOL, with those sends panned left and right alternately so the left channel goes to the "left" instance of TOL and the right channel to the "right" instance, you end up with only the left half of the output of "left" instance of TOL and only the right half of the "right" instance.

This seems to be a limitation of either the way Nebula works, or this particular library. For example using L*****n PCM Native, which is a True Stereo plugin, the above routing isn't necessary - you can just use the send from a stereo channel in the usual way.

i think it is the way, the channels are distributed in the plugin, with this specific library. you can use a plugin before, where you can map one channel of the stereosource to two channels of the stereotrack. some hosts can do that internally.

in my experiments with the tol-programs and true stereo, i narrowed the left-right settings of the two instances, as to define the stereospread of the output. this works pretty well.

i love this library and are on the shelf of trying to sample rooms myself.

greetings,
mathias
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries