Login

Room Hunters --- The Theater of Life, Nebula librairies

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Room Hunters --- The Theater of Life, Nebula librairies

Postby greekpeet » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:37 pm

So I've downloaded the demo program and for the life of me can not find where this thing is stored in the Nebula dir.

I've looked for about 30 solid minutes last week when I first got it and nothing.. I'm positive its fully downloaded and installed inthe correct directories but can not get it to show up.

Is it in its own dir or the REV???

Bizzare, but I'm going to check the demo out on another computer to see where if/it shows up.

Really would like to see the developers sort out the 'sorting out'.

:ugeek:
greekpeet
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Mplay » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:11 pm

Dunno about the demo, but the full library has its own category: RH

Also the new preset browser is in beta as we are typing, it should make life easier. I read it's kinda like the reaper fx chains, which work great.
Mplay

Postby trickster » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:21 am

This is a fantastic tool!! Can't wait for the encore :D
trickster
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby trickster » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:36 am

These programs have been a revelation for me. I've never been a big fan of reverb (although Nebula reverbs changed this to some extent). Consequently my mixes have always been quite dry and lacked the soundstage positioning aspect. And I'm not saying that this has been completely solved (I'm still learning) but TOL has really brought me into the world of soundstage.

When mixing dry sources I have always found it difficult to place a source back in a mix so that you can still hear it but so that it isn't poking you in the eye. ITB reverbs and even nebulised hardware units never really clicked but the idea of positioning something in a space is so natural. For the most part when you pick the appropriate depth and angle for a source you don't even notice these programs so much. The source just sits properly in the mix. It's not like everything in the mix will need it either, the contrast between dry and room really give the mix some depth.

Anyway, just a quick note for people who are soundstage challenged like me. It may sound like an advertorial but even the demo program will allow you to check this out.

Bring on more real spaces please!
trickster
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby farjedi » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:54 am

yeah more spaces..nice mics in a fairly dead studio would be nice, for a bit of air round stuff but not too strong reverb tail.. :mrgreen:
farjedi
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Ramana » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:40 am

Was there going to be a version done in steps without the interpolation? I'm wary of the depth because of phasiness, but it is very beautiful sounding.
Ramana
User Level II
User Level II

Postby trickster » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:50 am

Hell yeah, studio space!

I'm also hoping those stepped versions will make an appearance sooner or later :)
trickster
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby burnsound » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:57 pm

Would love to have a film scoring stage, and would love to have a big church sampled by Room Hunters. A recording studio would be great, too.
Last edited by burnsound on Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
burnsound
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby greekpeet » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:58 pm

RH Reverb completed my search for verb.

Next to CDsoundmasters Producer's Pack 2 these are indispensable. I do mainly electronic composition and there is a certain 'sound' for people to constantly grab digital algorithmic based reverbs in the various styles of composition. I have to say there is NOTHING better even with a pure electronic composition than a 'real' room.

Between this and PP2, HUGE gains in sonic quality and with these I'm more able to accurately translate my musical ideas from pen to playback.

The more I set my mixing chains like more natural studio session the better my compositions sound.

IE instrument in a 'room', hall or other space, recorded through pre-amps, through a board, to tape, and so forth.

This program makes things electronic compositions believable, real, natural and organic.

Fantastic job, and can not recommend these enough along side the verbs in CDSM PP2.
greekpeet
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby oldhanke » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:08 pm

Will they release the VST plugin of TOL?
oldhanke
User Level II
User Level II

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries