Login

New Nebula Pro EQ From CDSoundMaster !!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: New Nebula Pro EQ From CDSoundMaster !!!

Postby dpclarkson » Thu May 03, 2012 8:30 am

I just listened to the audio examples and yes,
it surely is a different flavor than Alex B's Pultec.
This one seems more focused and 'in your face', while the PTQ
sounds more 'passive'.
I like it a lot...**sigh** :mrgreen:
dpclarkson

Postby RJHollins » Thu May 03, 2012 8:47 am

Well ... I tried to resist ... but it seemed futile.
:lol:

I just like them tube EQ's ... and from listening to the demo, it was able to be pushed to levels beyond what I'd typically need ... YET ... the sound HELD together 8-)

What held me back from purchasing ... no cut capability :o ... outside the Hi/Low shelving.

I have purchased enough of CDSM's libraries to know the Hi Quality and detail that Michael puts into these creations.

With that genuine respect, AND the beauty of that Nebula demo file ... purchased.

Download just arrived.

Looking forward to now a test drive !

I'm not deciphering the hardware this was cloned from ... so I don't know if a cut feature is even available. Would like to know ...

OK ... time to load up :)

Thanks everyone for all the comments! you also helped me to buy YET another EQ :twisted:

THANKS !
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby lipa » Thu May 03, 2012 1:21 pm

No, there`s no bell cuts in T******h PE1C nor in original Pulteq EQP-1A.. it`s the second midrange unit (Pulteq MEQ-5; ME1B in T******h) that has one "dip" knob.. hope to be sampled as well.. Michael? :P
lipa

Postby cdsoundmaster » Thu May 03, 2012 10:16 pm

Hi Lipa,
Let's just say that there is no official guarantee on the "Trek" mid eq, but the future does look very bright! :-)
A lot of important things are in the works. And, an MEQ is in the top of the list somewhere. Which one, I won't say for a little while. :D

lipa wrote:No, there`s no bell cuts in T******h PE1C nor in original Pulteq EQP-1A.. it`s the second midrange unit (Pulteq MEQ-5; ME1B in T******h) that has one "dip" knob.. hope to be sampled as well.. Michael? :P
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby richie43 » Thu May 03, 2012 11:47 pm

cdsoundmaster wrote:Hi Lipa,
Let's just say that there is no official guarantee on the "Trek" mid eq, but the future does look very bright! :-)
A lot of important things are in the works. And, an MEQ is in the top of the list somewhere. Which one, I won't say for a little while. :D

lipa wrote:No, there`s no bell cuts in T******h PE1C nor in original Pulteq EQP-1A.. it`s the second midrange unit (Pulteq MEQ-5; ME1B in T******h) that has one "dip" knob.. hope to be sampled as well.. Michael? :P

Take your time Michael. You have proven already that you may take time in between your Nebula library releases, but it is ALWAYS worth the wait. This one blows me away, my 47 year old formerly all analog ears are very confused by how beautiful this one is! :D
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby RJHollins » Fri May 04, 2012 12:57 am

Had a little time to work with this ...

I must say, considering the several 'Pultec Persuasion' eq that I have ... THIS one has moved to the top of the list ! 8-)

Not saying that the 'Pooltex' nor the 'Cooltex' ain't cool. Glad to have them. Just goes to show the 'uniqueness' that each piece brings to the table.

Much like I found throughout my analogue days ... every engineer had a favorite piece for certain applications.

One thing in particular ... NOW that this library has been 'identified' ... was testing the PRE-Amp section alone. Sure enough ... JUST like I remembered ... and what I liked about this unit ... it does something very nice to the audio all by itself [maybe not for everything, as usual] ... Even the natural 'roll off' can clean up a track, and make it sit nicely ... then, the sweet EQ section.

One CRITICISM :shock: [unless I've overlooked it].

The 'curve' responses do NOT seem to be included in the PDF manual !?! :roll: This must be an oversight, and something that really should be included with ALL releases.

Maybe old habits, but having complete manuals was IMPORTANT documentation that could always be referred to [over a cup of coffee ... or in the, library :P ].
Please consider an update edition ... thx.

This is a superb library.

Sincerely.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby lipa » Fri May 04, 2012 1:32 am

goooood neeeews!! We're under serious Nebula Libraries blitzkrieg lately.. :) I better start doing good mixes and earning money.. hehe
lipa

Postby vicnestE » Sat May 05, 2012 7:41 am

The EQ makes sharp cheap recorded mic sound a lot better. Glad I'm on board during the mix session. :)
vicnestE
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby botus99 » Sat May 05, 2012 9:06 pm

Bought blind. My first post on this forum too!

Nebula COMPLETELY hooked me after 10 years of using other plugins. Can't wait to hear this! Thanks Michael!
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby cdsoundmaster » Tue May 08, 2012 10:11 am

Hi RJ,

I appreciate your input and share your enthusiasm for this eq.
I want to make sure that you saw the links for graphs on the site to help with your request:

Here is the page where the graphs are located:

http://cdsoundmaster.com/site/cds-softw ... raphs.html

Here is the download for the graphs:
http://monumentalaudio.com/Tube-Trek-PE ... GRAPHS.zip

And, since you requested specifically a pdf, I have created one as well:

http://monumentalaudio.com/TUBE-TREK-GRAPHS.pdf

I hope that this is useful and thanks again!

RJHollins wrote:Had a little time to work with this ...

I must say, considering the several 'Pultec Persuasion' eq that I have ... THIS one has moved to the top of the list ! 8-)

Not saying that the 'Pooltex' nor the 'Cooltex' ain't cool. Glad to have them. Just goes to show the 'uniqueness' that each piece brings to the table.

Much like I found throughout my analogue days ... every engineer had a favorite piece for certain applications.

One thing in particular ... NOW that this library has been 'identified' ... was testing the PRE-Amp section alone. Sure enough ... JUST like I remembered ... and what I liked about this unit ... it does something very nice to the audio all by itself [maybe not for everything, as usual] ... Even the natural 'roll off' can clean up a track, and make it sit nicely ... then, the sweet EQ section.

One CRITICISM :shock: [unless I've overlooked it].

The 'curve' responses do NOT seem to be included in the PDF manual !?! :roll: This must be an oversight, and something that really should be included with ALL releases.

Maybe old habits, but having complete manuals was IMPORTANT documentation that could always be referred to [over a cup of coffee ... or in the, library :P ].
Please consider an update edition ... thx.

This is a superb library.

Sincerely.
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries