Login

Tube FM 1 - Now available in 44.1k

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Tube FM 1 - Now available in 44.1k

Postby Cupwise » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:25 am

I think it's finally time to put this thing out there. A ton of work has gone behind this set, and I've checked everything about a million times or two. So, I think it's ready.

6 tube radios (4 table-top, 2 tuners) dating mostly to the 1950s have been sampled. Instead of going into depth about it here, I'm just going to link to the site, which doesn't actually go into TOO much depth itself. The manual (which is a free download on the site) does go into plenty of depth as to how this was all done. There is also a free set of pictures.

Anyone comes up with any questions about this stuff, after having read the site and/or manual, I'll check this topic and answer what I can. Keep in mind as far as the site is concerned, it is my first site. As far as orders are concerned, if any problems arise I will do what I can to correct them ASAP. Everything tests fine as far as the site and payment etc.

Oh, I almost forgot- there is a set of free demo programs to try, available from the site also! So check it out!

http://www.cupwise.com/NebTubeFM1.php
-Tim
Last edited by Cupwise on Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Re: New Tube Radio programs!

Postby futur2 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:37 am

you're probably just fixing something atm but in case not, you forgot the link :D

edit: a second after i posted it's there. feels like magic :P
futur2

Postby Cupwise » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:41 am

haha, yes. indeed i did forget the link. the past few days i've been going crazy working out the site particulars, and it always seems to be that the most obvious thing, is the thing i forget. i'm a little edgy finally releasing this stuff since, i've been working on this project since summer. so yeah, a little excited i guess.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby futur2 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:50 am

Cupwise wrote:haha, yes. indeed i did forget the link. the past few days i've been going crazy working out the site particulars, and it always seems to be that the most obvious thing, is the thing i forget. i'm a little edgy finally releasing this stuff since, i've been working on this project since summer. so yeah, a little excited i guess.

:lol:

slowly listening through the demos, sounds great so far!
futur2

Postby highvoltage » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:34 pm

Im buying this from the demo mp3's alone!! Finally a truly original and most characterful idea suited for mr nebula!!

THUMBS UP
highvoltage

Postby Stolle » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:21 pm

Nice work Tim! As I said in my mail I believe this will be an instant best-seller. I love these programs. I think they compliment the programs offered by other developers nicely.
Stolle
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby highvoltage » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:52 pm

been playing with them a lot a few hours ago. Its like the older brother of r2r. I can already see its heavey use on electric guitars and vocals. I could dial in that 50's nasal distorted blues vocal in no time :)

Some programs can greatly enhance transient intelliglilibibilibility while losing some low end ofcourse. Its a very promintent tonal palette. The more linear programs sound brilliant too.

will try on synths and noises later, i think it will really shine there.

superb
highvoltage

Postby mathias » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:16 am

this is just great!!!
after hearing the demos, i bought the package immediately.

have been playing around with it the last hour.
what a great sculpturing-tool!
everything gets a shape of its own, so the mix i was trying it on, got much clearer. instruments seperated better from each other, while getting fuller and having more of a distinct personality.

it feels like the programs reach into the mix and form the sounds. huhu i like that....... :D

it is surely not subtle, but all different colors i heard till now are balanced in itself.

thanks a lot tim, i was waiting for this one.
i will have good use for it, in the next project i am mixing.

best greetings,
mathias
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Postby cdsoundmaster » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:09 am

Just want to say congrats to Tim for this release!
This is a really great collection and such a nice compliment to any console/tube/tape/eq favorite inside Nebula. Once again, my imagination runs wild at the convenience of having these old tube radios at immediate availability in the DAW. I think of the incredible history of sound that we can load/save/automate with instant repeatability and in virtually any order we can think of... we have arrived to a great time in technology! :-)

These are great for an instant vintage effect on voice, guitar, special effect, but in general just a really great new way to invoke real sounding vintage electronics wherever the mix calls for it!

I'm sure everyone is going to love it!
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Cupwise » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:09 am

Wow, thanks for the great compliments guys! I put a lot of time into this thing, and some of that time was pretty frustrating. Those radios can be pretty disobedient. Mostly it was a fun project though, and seeing these kind of compliments totally make it worth it. There were times where I got lost in what I was doing, because there was so much work I had to do up front before even getting to the final stages. After so much time I would wonder why I was doing it at all. So it's honestly nice to see that according to some users here, I accomplished what I was trying to do, and I like the idea that some of those effects I made might end up in other people's work. Michael's final edits really made the package a lot more polished than what it would have otherwise been too, so again, thanks Michael!
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries