....starting to make sense...... :shock:
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Re: Henry Olonga releases Vintage Titan EQ

Postby mr.tele » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:16 pm

I'm still downloading it! I had a failed download last night. I should have it in about 30 minutes or so. Can't wait to try it out! :D
mr.tele
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Dogbite » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:22 pm

Hiya - Thanks for taking the time to put this library together :-)

There is something a bit weird happening with the EQ though - for instance if you load the program 'Max Boost at 1k', instead of boosting at 1k it cuts everything on either side?

I might be missing something of course!

Dogbite
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby Henry Olonga » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:58 pm

See post on page 6 about callibration as well.

Dogbite wrote:Hiya - Thanks for taking the time to put this library together :-)

There is something a bit weird happening with the EQ though - for instance if you load the program 'Max Boost at 1k', instead of boosting at 1k it cuts everything on either side?

I might be missing something of course!

Hey Dogbite,

That is the brighter 'thinner channel' I mentioned. When it's input was boosted slightly it went thinner. The channels are old and I am no engineer to explain why it thinned out but that is how it sounded so I recorded it that way. I wondered whether to leave it out altogether and make the library smaller but decided that it was better to keep it in as it is a quirk of the hardware and gives a different texture which may be useful. So it is not an error in sampling but a characteristic of that one channel at certain settings. You will find it scattered across the library actually. When you hear a sound going much thinner then that channel is the one. I think it was the second input of the four if memory serves me right.
Last edited by Henry Olonga on Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:01 am

Cupwise wrote:big congrats on your first commercial release Henry! it looks to be a unique entry in the nebula...
uhh..
universe?
yes! the nebula universe.
:)

Thanks Tim,

It is a Universe. Some exciting stuff coming around the corner. PM sent by the way :D
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:07 am

Since I see you are online Henry, could you please elaborate what the "trough" presets are?? AMAZING sounding library, by the way.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:12 am

mr.tele wrote:I'm still downloading it! I had a failed download last night. I should have it in about 30 minutes or so. Can't wait to try it out! :D

Hi Mr.Tele,

Hope it downloaded okay. Any issues do let me know :D
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby mr.tele » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:18 am

Hi Henry, my download finished, but I can't unpack it. It gives me the message "unknown method". What did you use to pack it?
mr.tele
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Henry Olonga » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:19 am

richie43 wrote:Since I see you are online Henry, could you please elaborate what the "trough" presets are?? AMAZING sounding library, by the way.

Hi richie43,

Trough could be described as equivalent to a dip or notch. Boosts are 'Peaks' and troughs are dips, notches or cuts. Whatever term helps
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:23 am

mr.tele wrote:Hi Henry, my download finished, but I can't unpack it. It gives me the message "unknown method". What did you use to pack it?

You need to unzip it using software to unpack it as it is a password protected archive. I used 7zip but winzip and others should work. It will then ask you for the password ( sent in your e-mail or in your account on my site) and then you can unpack it. If you use Windows explorer it may not work well in all cases - depending on the version of Windows that you use: instead of asking for a password it gives the error you have encountered. 7zip is open source and is a free download. http://www.7-zip.org/
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries