Henry Olonga releases Vintage Titan EQ

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Henry Olonga releases Vintage Titan EQ

Postby himhui » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:39 pm

pipamail wrote:Can't get it work :evil:
The program simply don't load.
Help :!:

Put those vectors files into the vectors folder...
97v4 /Win7 x64 /64G ram /Nvidia Quadro K620
Reaper 5.40 /X-Touch
Prism Orpheus /RME Babyface Pro
himhui
Expert
Expert

Postby lipa » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:12 pm

about "no tweaking".. i realised that a bit later.. oh well.. ill buy the library anyway.. i do often use some algo linear eq to tweak things and then use nebula eqs in strategically important boosts.. i dont really tweak them once applied so it won't change much with Titan ;)
lipa

Postby elam » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:21 pm

lipa wrote:not being able to tweak eq at all would so much pain in the ass of already pain in the ass-full world of nebula :geek:

:lol: I think it's a good description.

Until Henry gives us a full preset list (if he wants to).Is there any "flat" pre in the library ?

@H-man-The Mumvuri project is a nice move H.
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Henry Olonga » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:42 pm

Hey guys. Thanks for the comments. Out at a gig but will answer all questions when I get home later.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby pipamail » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:03 pm

himhui wrote:
pipamail wrote:Can't get it work :evil:
The program simply don't load.
Help :!:

Put those vectors files into the vectors folder...

Thanks, himhui!
It works!

OMG this library is just perfect. It sounds even better than i expected & i like a lot the "knobless EQ" approach - no place for useless subtle tweaking :lol:
pipamail
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Henry Olonga » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:13 am

Owen wrote:Hi Henry

Congratulations on your first commercial release.

I was wondering, for prospective customers, if you could provide a better breakdown of the presets in this collection? Also, given it's a download, how large is the zip file?

Owen ;)

Thanks Owen.I will try to answer a few of the other questions in this one post.The size of the download is about 2.7 gigs. Files are hosted on amazon S3 so download speeds are very good.

The breakdown is like so.

I have sampled all the four channels in a round robin fashion. That means for example that I sampled Channel 1 at a subtle boost at 2.8 k, Channel 2 at a low boost at 2.8k, Channel 3 at a medium boost at 2.8k and channel 4 at a max boost at 2.8k. I only had about 10 hours with the hardware so I had to make the most of it - it is an exceptional and rare piece and difficult to find - I do wish I had more time but I didn't. These channels were recorded simultaneously to make the most of the short time. I used the preamp setting to sample as that was the simplest for simultaneous recording. It also gives very good quality.
The presets fall into rough settings of -
Subtle - the lowest setting. Low,Medium and Max. These very broadly cover the range of the eq but of course are not exhaustive.

The presets - There are 6 Groups. Low,High,Cuts (LOW and HIGH), Boosts, Troughs and Preamps.

The low end - 17 presets of low end boosts. All frequencies have 4 settings. 120hz,250hz,400hz and 60hz. One extra thrown in.

The High end - 10k boost in 2 db increments from +2 to +10 dbs.

Cuts - Low shelf and Hi shelf cuts at different hardware settings. Some duplicates of channels for different colour. 40hz and 80hz low cuts.

Boosts - All Frequencies from 0.7 khz to 6 khz in MIN,MED and MAX boost configs.

Troughs - All Frequencies from 0.7 khz to 6 khz in MED and MAX cut configs.

Preamps - 4 Preamp settings with no EQ engaged for loading as a 'console' type emulation. ( Yes all channels separate ).

I hope that makes things a little clearer for some. The no tweak issue is unavoidable I am afraid as time limited me from making a true tweakable eq. I actually am musing the idea of making presets like this as it gives such amazing quality - trade off is larger files but I dunno - time will tell. I am working on a library at this time that is just amazing as non-tweak presets.Kind of like Michael's producer pack. One clear advantage is that you will receive 10 disortion kernels.

Just to test things however I have actually taken a Preamp setting and used a bland vst eq in front of the Titan and was surprised how it morphed beautifully into the 'console' setting. For greater accuracy you can always use the Waves or UA offerings as they copy the curves more accurately. Again try it and see if it works for you. I wouldn't be too quick to shy away from using digital eqs to make notches or broad boosts quicker than loading multiple instances of nebula to shape the sound. Just my humble opinion.

Hope that helps and I will try to answer questions tomorrow night as I have a full day. All the best. H
Last edited by Henry Olonga on Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:30 am

Even with the "limitations" of not being tweakable, this library is very very nice. Thanks Henry.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby ericus » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:00 am

Instant buy! No demo needed! :mrgreen:

Your 2 Drum Reverb programs get so much use here...I think The Titan will be used a lot too as I love that particular of British flavour (spelled the British way). ;)
ericus

Postby Dogbite » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:14 pm

lipa wrote:not being able to tweak eq at all would so much pain in the ass of already pain in the ass-full world of nebula :geek:

Actually... you know I think that it probably makes it easier - just fire and forget!
Dogbite
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby Cupwise » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:51 pm

big congrats on your first commercial release Henry! it looks to be a unique entry in the nebula...
uhh..
universe?
yes! the nebula universe.
:)
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries