Login

Henry Olonga releases Vintage Titan EQ

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Henry Olonga releases Vintage Titan EQ

Postby Henry Olonga » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:44 am

My first eq available for purchase now :D

All information herehttp://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=henry-olonga-titan-eq

I am away a lot of the time but will attempt to get back to anyone with issues promptly.

Product Description

Part of the proceeds of this work support my chosen charity,the Mumvuri project. This is an orphanage that I am the patron of in my native Zimbabwe.

On special introductory offer of 50 % for one month from April 25th.

Three FULL quality demo files available on the site.

Based on a number of channels from a famous, now defunct London studio’s console this library emulates the sound of an era that has rock royalty as it’s users. Fantastic on guitars, vocals and perhaps drums. One can describe this channel as possessing a hollow or ‘woody’ sound that is unique amongst equalisers. Pass your audio through it and instantly recognise the sound of some of your favourite seventies albums. Yes that’s how old these channels are. Extremely rare and valuable this eq strip has been emulated by many algorithmic plugin companies. Today you can authentically possess ‘that’ sound thanks to the world of Acustica Audio’s ‘Nebula’.

Warm, resonant, characterful and useful for getting rid of the harsh digital sound or introducing a myriad of colours unique to this eq, this bundle may make mixing retro fun again.

Sampled here were four channels at 24 bit and 96 khz using a Prismsound orpheus soundcard for conversion. The files were sampled with ten distortion volterra kernel layers. I recorded snapshots of various settings. This means two things – pristine quality at each setting but also no real room to tweak ; as I captured the settings as preamps using a broad snapshot of the hardware and not at every setting because of time constraints with the hardware. To adjust I would recommend using one of the emulation EQ VST plugin offerings to add or subtract. In fact because you have so much goodness of the original – any old VST eq placed before this baby will work. The sound will be moulded into the sound of the channel. Try it!There are 84 files available and they weigh in at over two and half gigabytes. The channels possess unique quirks and I exploited this by recording in a round robin fashion. This means no two close settings are likely to sound similar. One channel is certainly brighter ( thinner ) than the others when gain was boosted so take note of this. I recorded this way after consideration as again I had little time..

I hope you enjoy this unique offering and if you cannot figure out what eq it is, it is all in the name. A second generation Titan….. Happy hunting……….

After purchase, you will be directed to a customer page with all links and a download link will also be sent to you via e-mail as well as a password for the zip file. You will need a program that can extract zipped files like Winzip. You should receive these within a few minutes. If not, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Re: Henry Olonga releases Vintage Titan EQ

Postby pipamail » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:07 am

bought :D
pipamail
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Owen » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:26 am

Hi Henry

Congratulations on your first commercial release.

I was wondering, for prospective customers, if you could provide a better breakdown of the presets in this collection? Also, given it's a download, how large is the zip file?

Owen ;)
Owen
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby lipa » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:04 pm

Wow! still downloading demo but I know already this library is just irresistible!! thanks for doing this one! I was dreaming of it getting nebulized in a full glory ever since I heard lenny kravitz was using Helios consoles for years and since Ive tried cdsoundmasters retro eq.. But 2.5gb library of HELIOS just has to be bought! :)
So of those different hardware channels which one did You pick to sample? the more woody sounding or the thinner one? Also would love to at least see the names of the sample files.. to get the idea ;)
lipa

Postby giancarlo » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:18 pm

wow
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby ngarjuna » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:12 pm

Wow, nice Henry! Can't wait to check it out.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby lipa » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:38 pm

tried demo on acoustic gitar only.. sounded very nice but.. Henry, is it only demo limitations or every program is for different gain boost or cut? hope it`s only demo cause not being able to tweak eq at all would so much pain in the ass of already pain in the ass-full world of nebula :geek:
lipa

Postby pipamail » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:01 pm

Can't get it work :evil:
The program simply don't load.
Help :!:
pipamail
User Level III
User Level III

Postby richie43 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:03 pm

To lipa:

From Henry's post...."This means two things – pristine quality at each setting but also no real room to tweak ; as I captured the settings as preamps using a broad snapshot of the hardware and not at every setting because of time constraints with the hardware. To adjust I would recommend using one of the emulation EQ VST plugin offerings to add or subtract. In fact because you have so much goodness of the original – any old VST eq placed before this baby will work. The sound will be moulded into the sound of the channel. Try it!"

Welcome deeper into the amazing sounding rabbit hole we call Nebula!!
Last edited by richie43 on Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:05 pm

THANKS HENRY!! I have all of your free libraries and have been anxiously awaiting your commercial offerings. I have already purchased, downloaded, and started to play with this. Awesome! I love your work so much that I didn't even bother with the demo.....
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries