Login

Gonna buy 1 AlexB Console Help Pick the 1st one for??????

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Gonna buy 1 AlexB Console Help Pick the 1st one for??????

Postby Mercado_Negro » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:22 pm

odd wrote:What exactly is the CLC sampled from, is it digital?

S*L 4000E console.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby odd » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:22 pm

Thanks. I'm in the same situation as the OP - looking for my first Nebula desk emulation - only I primarily do rock/metal. Is the CLC the obvious choice for this? I'm looking for separation/definition of tracks more than 'glue'. But punchy to the max.

Btw., anyone know what AlexB has in the works? I'll hold off buying a program set if there's something new and superior around the corner.
Last edited by odd on Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
odd
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby Mercado_Negro » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:24 pm

odd wrote:Thanks. I'm in the same situation as the OP - looking for my first Nebula desk emulation - only I primarily do rock/metal. Is the CLC the obvious choice for this? I'm looking for seperation/definition of tracks more than 'glue'. But punchy to the max.

Btw., anyone know what AlexB has in the works? I'll hold off buying a program set if there's something new and superior around the corner.

I'd take the VBC for rock/metal though I've heard lot of people using the MBC for that. I love the input mic/line programs of the VB, they're excellent for recordings with tube mics. I always use the CLC on buses/groups/mixbus and the VBC in individual channels most of the times.

Don't worry about spending your money on something for Nebula, all programs are 'superior' to all the stuff you'll get out there in DSP code form.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby KP2009 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:08 pm

Appreciate Everyones Help, We got The CLC and Love it using the A*I Pre From AlexB Awesome Combo!!!!!
KP2009
User Level X
User Level X

Postby surbitone » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:00 pm

For these genres, I find the MWC is a nice balance between transparency and warmth. MBC or CLC would be my next port of call.
surbitone
User Level V
User Level V

Postby ngarjuna » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:43 pm

CDSoundmaster's Tride-N-True is another excellent choice for a first/only console.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby Goldfish » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:59 pm

odd wrote:Thanks. I'm in the same situation as the OP - looking for my first Nebula desk emulation - only I primarily do rock/metal. Is the CLC the obvious choice for this? I'm looking for separation/definition of tracks more than 'glue'. But punchy to the max.

For rock/metal I'd go for the MBC. Gorgeous A*I mid punch, love it.

If I'm not mistaken there's a 9000K in the works.
Goldfish
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby AlexB » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:07 am

Goldfish wrote:
odd wrote:Thanks. I'm in the same situation as the OP - looking for my first Nebula desk emulation - only I primarily do rock/metal. Is the CLC the obvious choice for this? I'm looking for separation/definition of tracks more than 'glue'. But punchy to the max.

For rock/metal I'd go for the MBC. Gorgeous A*I mid punch, love it.

If I'm not mistaken there's a 9000K in the works.

I wouldn't call the 9000K "superior" but "different" 8-)
Very clean analog sound VS analog with more character.
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby anthonyw » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:13 pm

Alex, are you saying that the 4K / CLC or the 9K / MLC will have more character?

I love the CLC, but if I were to choose another secondary option with more character for dance music I was considering MBC, but I should possibly hold out for the MLC for this purpose?
anthonyw
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby AlexB » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:38 pm

Personally I don't think at MBC for dance music. I would use MLC which has different sound than CLC, more clean, modern but with same punch and S*L feeling. If you prefer a more warm and tick sound then the MWC or MTC.
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries