Login

Does LA-2A exist for nebula....?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Does LA-2A exist for nebula....?

Postby ngarjuna » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:36 pm

Definity wrote:Yes they will automatically I believe, NAT sample all the gear at the real attack and release time as well as their curve. I think Nebula cannot process it quick enough and that is the problem ATM I think anyway.

I'm not so sure that's the case. These programs were sampled many versions of NAT ago and I don't think there was such a thing as the compressor templates back then. The developer would know for sure, if you shoot CDSM an email he could tell you about the sampling process and the viability of converting the programs. My sense is that, if he could update them as easily as that, he would have done so already.

ETA: I emailed Michael today to get the straight dope, I'll update when he replies.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby ngarjuna » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:04 am

Michael was kind enough to shoot me a quick reply:
Regarding the Comps in RASS and PP1:

There is no intention for them to be used in any other form other than the one they are created in.

The envelope follower developed for later stuff isn't intended to be used to retro-fit earlier programs, but rather to allow for new sample sessions to match, record, and properly read directly from comps using the new session templates.

The RASS and PP1 settings are edited like crazy to get the sound they reproduce, and although anyone is welcome to mess with settings to see what they come up with, anything that is changed is not intended to reproduce correctly. Each program in the early collections is made to suit one specific purpose for each program, and uses some pretty crazy sounds and processes to make the effect that results.

Regarding the new/improved process; I personally still like a lot of things that result from the AVR and other compression schemes and not just the new EVF stuff. It is helpful, especially for experimentation, to be able to watch the timing result numbers during sampling, but it also shows that there are things that likely will not be improved.

I do think that the RASS and PP1 comps will continue to be useful, as I think they still sound very cool, and I know I have enjoyed them in their place. But, when new things come from here, they won't be redoing or changing the old ones. Those remain as desired.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby Martinez » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:12 am

I was more just asking for the newer comp libs but also any comps that might get done in future before this theoretical update.

So then if it is possible I would like to see an LA2A and a fairchild as well.

I truly believe that if comps in neb can be perfected and there are comps such as the fairchild,LA2A and the 1176 all behaving as they should, then Nebula will be a force to be reckoned with.
Martinez

Postby EricH » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:54 pm

Thanks for time taken... any link to where it is?
EricH
User Level V
User Level V

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries