11%
Moderate Ratio
14%
Low Ratio
8%

Total votes : 160

Re: signaltonoize.com - 165a - Nebula Programs - RELEASED

Postby highvoltage » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:54 pm

and i need to get back squashing room mics with your program.

Any comment on the release anomaly at setting 4? Is it something on the real unit?

I have only the 4:1 program.
highvoltage

Postby Mimi » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:10 am

I wonder, programs of attack the compressor by limiting the nebula, are fixed to 5ms, or best are fixed, independent of everything.
why not make, beyond the normal presets, extra presets for atack.
example:
compressor Ratio _ 1:1 the 7 basic positions atack, as in 1176LN compressor ( 5ms /10ms /15ms /20ms /25ms /30 ms /35 ms ) all fixed would not change anything in the way of sampling
compressor Ratio _ 2:1 the 7 basic positions atack, as in 1176LN compressor ( 5ms /10ms /15ms /20ms /25ms /30ms /35ms ) all fixed would not change anything in the way of sampling
compressor Ratio _ 4:1 the 7 basic positions atack, as in 1176LN compressor ( 5ms /10ms /15ms /20ms /25ms /30ms /35ms ) all fixed would not change anything in the way of sampling
compressor Ratio_ 10:1 the 7 basic positions atack, as in 1176LN compressor ( 5ms /10ms /15ms /20ms /25ms /30ms /35ms ) all fixed would not change anything in the way of sampling

It would be nice, would have more options in attack fixed, without being tied to 5ms.
that the sampling procedure be the same, the change is in the hardware in atacks, and in Nat3 a simple change in number , in value / bus value / prompt message .
would have a library of 28 presets, an number very common in library consoles AlexB, what we are used.
It's only an idea to overcome the limitation of the nebula, and to improve library compressors.
In theory you could make a compressor 1176LN, the threshold in nat3 Changes its name to "input" or not changes, "input" would be sampled as Threshold , and "output" would be sampled in the session as Makp.
could have 28 presets with all attacks fixed. With all Ratios ( 20 / 12 / 8 / 4 )
More of course it is only an idea, I can not imagine how it would in the real situation.
More maybe there is a possibility.

the price could be even greater good, but would make sense, not much more expensive..hahaha
:lol: :lol:
Mimi

Postby farjedi » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:36 am

I bought both programs after hearing the compliments and after discovering that the release has a sweetspot the drums I was working on came alive in a way different and superior to any plugs I got. Certainly a different beast to Fate, nice have some decent compression flavours itb.
Is anyone else concerned about nebula randomly effecting dynamics? :D I have been frustrated with some of Nebulas compressors for this exact reason. We want them to turn that random dynamics thingy off on compression programs don't we? :D
farjedi
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Raynorshyn » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:04 am

Yes we do! :mrgreen:
Raynorshyn
User Level III
User Level III

Postby rhythminmind » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:42 am

UPDATE: Rev 2 now available. Improved release scaling. All existing customers are recommended to Download/Update.
(Log into your account to download updates)
"Any experiment of interest in life will be carried out at your own expense." http://rhythminmind.net - http://signaltonoize.com - http://popsound.com
rhythminmind

Postby Mimi » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:45 am

I visualize, control of dynamic of atack, the way I spoke in my previous post.
7 positions fundamental, as compressor 1176, and with this method, could have all the dynamic of attacks basic. would be very close to the desired, a way of circumventing the problem, developers might try to do this, do not you think?
I just do not try because I not have a compressor,and do not have much experience with Nat3, more as mentioned above in my Previous post , would not be difficult.
instead of mounting 4 presets, ex: comp 2:1 / comp 4:1 etc...
would be mounted 28 presets, with 7 adjustments in hardware atack, that are frozen in 5ms, the change in nat3 would be in writing from the preset.
Mimi

Postby Mercado_Negro » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:25 am

rhythminmind wrote:UPDATE: Rev 2 now available. Improved release scaling. All existing customers are recommended to Download/Update.

But where did all the punch go? Previous version was like 100 times more punchy and 'unique', this is more like a 'normal' compressor with character and analogue vibe now (not bad at all, it's still good but R1 was too damn good for drums that I couldn't find a compressor to rival it).
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby rhythminmind » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:55 am

Mercado_Negro wrote:
rhythminmind wrote:UPDATE: Rev 2 now available. Improved release scaling. All existing customers are recommended to Download/Update.

But where did all the punch go? Previous version was like 100 times more punchy and 'unique', this is more like a 'normal' compressor with character and analogue vibe now (not bad at all, it's still good but R1 was too damn good for drums that I couldn't find a compressor to rival it).

Did you reload a previously saved session? If you recalled setting set for the initial release, it could cause the change your hearing.

It's all the same captures.
The punch will match, but requires different release settings then before.
The release is now more evenly spaced. Try using a higher release then previously.
If your craving even more you can play with the "RATE" times. Try between 5&15ms
"Any experiment of interest in life will be carried out at your own expense." http://rhythminmind.net - http://signaltonoize.com - http://popsound.com
rhythminmind

Postby Mercado_Negro » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:08 am

rhythminmind wrote:Did you reload a previously saved session? If you recalled setting set for the initial release, it could cause the change your hearing.

It's all the same captures.
The punch will match, but requires different release settings then before.
The release is now more evenly spaced. Try using a higher release then previously.
If your craving even more you can play with the "RATE" times. Try between 5&15ms

Nope, I started a new project and tried it again with the same material but I can't get the same sound I found with the previous version. Too bad I replaced the first R1 version with the new n2p and n2v files because I would love to show you with some examples what I'm talking about man, it had PUNCH tooooons of awesome and controlled PUNCH which I can't seem to find with R2 no matter how hard I try. Do you have the old version there?
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby farjedi » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:19 pm

I'm scared to try v2 now! Can I rename the files so I can have V1 and V2 side by side to make my own comparison, or will that muck em up?
farjedi
User Level X
User Level X

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries