Login

Cassette Deck 1+ (update to CD1)

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Cassette Deck 1+ (update to CD1)

Postby Cupwise » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:35 am

I've combined the 'hi' and 'lo' programs from the old set into one effect. This is how they were originally sampled and meant to be. They had to be split because of issues with Nebula and artifacts with too many dynamic steps (specific to these effects because of the nature of cassette). I figured out a way around this limitation when I did Cassette Deck 2, and wanted to go back and 'fix' Cassette Deck 1. This is that fix, and it's much better. Now each effect has a fuller dynamic range.

Trim was also added and is better here than it would have been with the old set because of the fuller dynamic range.

RAM and disk space usage is cut a fair amount, from the first release, also. The whole set takes up around half as much disk space and RAM as before, and the programs load almost twice as fast also.

last big update- 4 new sampled effects, 3 of which are tapes new to the set, and those 3 were also sampled in stereo, unlike the stereo combo effects that are already in the set, which were just paired combinations of effects that were sampled in mono. these new effects were sampled with lynx aurora 8.

price went up to 14.50$.
http://www.cupwise.com/CassetteDeck1.php

-tim
Last edited by Cupwise on Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Re: Cassette Deck 1+ (update to CD1)

Postby richie43 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:10 am

Yay! Do existing owners of the library get the update, or at least for a reduced price? I don't mean to sound cheap, I am merely wondering. :mrgreen:
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:58 am

yes, well i'm thinking about asking for 2$ for the update because of the extra time it took. i've updated most of my other stuff, and gave the updates to customers for free, but this time it took a little more work. also, my amazon s3 account hit some kind of trial time limit or something so my fee per download went up, and since the whole set needs re-downloaded.. i think it's reasonable that i ask for a couple of bucks.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby Barendse » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:57 am

Great, looking forward.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby richie43 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:24 pm

Cupwise wrote:yes, well i'm thinking about asking for 2$ for the update because of the extra time it took. i've updated most of my other stuff, and gave the updates to customers for free, but this time it took a little more work. also, my amazon s3 account hit some kind of trial time limit or something so my fee per download went up, and since the whole set needs re-downloaded.. i think it's reasonable that i ask for a couple of bucks.

That is absolutely fair. Your libraries are always worth what you ask for them.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:18 pm

the upgrade is up.

all past customers of the old version are being emailed and offered to get the upgrade for 2$, unless i miss anyone which is possible. so if you have the set and didn't get the email, and want the upgrade, get at me!

-tim
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Return to 3rd party libraries