Login

AlexB : Preamp Color Suite PRO - RELEASED !

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB : Preamp Color Suite PRO - RELEASED !

Postby scottkane » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:18 am

the best along with Clc :D :D
Cheers!!!
- graphics portfolio - music -
scottkane
User Level X
User Level X

Postby yr » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:56 am

I agree with Tp3- there should be more audio demos following the release of a new library. The preset demos (much appreciated btw) are often too limited to give a good impression. I'm sure many buyers/beta-testers will be more then happy to create such demos (featuring different music styles preferably) in return for a discounted library price. To me, it seems like a small financial investment, while the possible increase in sales could be quite big.

Yuval
Reuven | post-production & sound-design | scenography |
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Barendse » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:20 am

yr wrote:I agree with Tp3- there should be more audio demos following the release of a new library. The preset demos (much appreciated btw) are often too limited to give a good impression. I'm sure many buyers/beta-testers will be more then happy to create such demos (featuring different music styles preferably) in return for a discounted library price. To me, it seems like a small financial investment, while the possible increase in sales could be quite big.

Yuval

Never been let down by Alex speaking of great quality programs. So I don't demo his programs but just ask myself do I need this? If so I buy. I did this time btw.
Last edited by Barendse on Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Tp3 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:55 pm

scottkane wrote:the best along with Clc :D :D

Can you please elaborate ?
Tp3
User Level III
User Level III

Postby yr » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:49 pm

Hi Barend(se)- it was thank to your helpfulness in providing GMC demos that I bought this library. Have I not heard the demos I would not buy it, simply because I have quite a lot of eq's&consoles (some of which I never use). Unless you have first hand experience with the hardware, and even then (especially with vintage units), it is very difficult to know the sonic characteristics of a given library. I think it is simply more time efficient to provide audio demos then to try and describe sound.
Reuven | post-production & sound-design | scenography |
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Barendse » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:16 pm

yr wrote:Hi Barend(se)- it was thank to your helpfulness in providing GMC demos that I bought this library. Have I not heard the demos I would not buy it, simply because I have quite a lot of eq's&consoles (some of which I never use). Unless you have first hand experience with the hardware, and even then (especially with vintage units), it is very difficult to know the sonic characteristics of a given library. I think it is simply more time efficient to provide audio demos then to try and describe sound.

I understand. I'm just trying to say that when you buy stuff from guys like Alex B, Michael (CDS), AITB and Bob (Transcending music) you always buy high quality for a very nice price.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Tp3 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:49 pm

Barendse wrote:I'm just trying to say that when you buy stuff from guys like Alex B, Michael (CDS), AITB and Bob (Transcending music) you always buy high quality for a very nice price.

Fair enough, given their PROVED track of products.

BUT

When it comes to a product that was "in question" from its onset (v1 of PCS was regarded as "too subtle"... and these are NOT MY words)... then it is up the Alex to let us decide that things have proved. if you blindly buy his stuff, that's cool. but IMO not all products are to be treated in this manner.

Yuval is right (imo), saying that it is much easier to sell that way and most importantly - it shows the developer's genuine sincerity (given the problematic nature of the former library)

I have tried the demos and is apparent to me they DO impart some discernible character... I just want to be sure that I want to add MORE color to the HUGE palette I already have... ;)
Tp3
User Level III
User Level III

Postby young.baws » Mon May 02, 2011 6:11 pm

Just wonna thank AlexB for this library.

This release is a GIFT man...

Happy mixing!!!!! :D
young.baws
User Level III
User Level III

Postby faun2500 » Tue May 03, 2011 10:34 am

These are very useful. If you study them with an spectrum analysis tool and white noise you can see how they effect the freq-curve. If you check with a test tone you can see the added harmonics and if you test some on a bass-synth (for example) you will hear how the different models can change the sound.

I use these on ALL softsynths.
Forthcoming releases on: Black Heart Label, Hyperdrive and Transfixion. http://soundcloud.com/100mg. 6 FREE Downloads on my soundcloud page. Nebula ALL over these trax!
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries