Login

NTP 182-150

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: NTP 182-150

Postby hopsing » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:33 pm

Mercado_Negro wrote:Thanks for all the detailed info here hopsing, really appreciated. So you'd say we'd get a better sound out of it if we keep our levels around -12dBFS?

Cheers

Well it should be as close as possible (with this programm) to the original around that level, but as I said, there are not very pronounced harmonics in this EQ. It is probably as clean as 70ties Solid State could get.
Generally I think, keeping levels low in digital is a good idea, so -12dBfS RMS is the upper limit for me anyway.
Best
Tobias
hopsing
User Level I
User Level I

Postby futur2 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:02 pm

hopsing wrote:Thanks for all the flowers :oops:
Actually it was quite a lot more work than I anticipated. I am sampling on a windows bootcamp partition on a mac, and had some problems to get a smooth sweep without spikes. It took me a few attempts and very precise watching of the meter until I got it right. Otherwise there would have been a small notch in the frequency response and distortion around that notch would have been very wrong. Strange behaviour...
It might have been a problem of the unit itself, I don't know.
Actually I sampled it, because my second unit just broke and I need it stereo and they are a bitch to repair. (Those Opamps are pretty much unobtainable and if you are lucky and find one, they are really expensive)
Getting the distortion right is still a mystery to me. This Equalizer is pretty clean (second and third harmonics around -85dB with a 0dBU sine at 1k)and the one kernel programms sound good, too. The distortion on the 3 kernel programm is roughly like the unit with -12dBfS RMS level, but the dynamic behaviour is different, more pronounced in nebula than in the Original. Maybe you can trim it somewhere in NAT or the plugin, I have no idea. Any help woud be appreciated.
Anyway, that is theory, in use this nebula programm sounds very much like the original, hard to distinguish in a blind test and a few guys with good ears on a good monitoring couldn't say which one sounds better, the samples or the original, funny that.
Impressing plugin...

wow, that sounds like a lot of effort and work. seems only the bravest survive their first nebula sampling attempt. it really should be a little bit easier shouldn't it? ;)
futur2

Postby piperboy » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:55 am

THANX!!!
piperboy
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby zaminx » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:11 am

Really appreciate your hard work many thx
zaminx
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Mimi » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:45 am

I'm posting a version of this library, with the automatic installer,only for PC.
For ease of installation this friendly library. Attached is the link: http://www.4shared.com/file/vhlHcxUQ/NTP_182-150.htm

Hope you enjoy this equalizer, I liked. In "cuica"( Brazilian instruments) it was great, saved the high frequencies,has a very particular sound, as the cuica has a metallic sound, There was a good adaptation of the equalizer, it is very subtle.

A big hug to everyone and good recordings :lol:
Mimi

Postby hopsing » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:56 am

futur2 wrote:wow, that sounds like a lot of effort and work. seems only the bravest survive their first nebula sampling attempt. it really should be a little bit easier shouldn't it? ;)

I do not know. There is not very much detailed information about sampling as true to the sampled gear as possible, but there are the templates and then you have to experiment. Some parameters in NAT seem not to be explained anywhere, thats a pity, but maybe I just did not find the documentation. I can understand that the commercial 3rd party guys should have a slight advantage and should be able to get more accurate emulations, because of all the beta testing and development work they have put into nebula, but just using a regular template gives good and very usable results already, so I do not really care.
Best Tobias
hopsing
User Level I
User Level I

Postby futur2 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:22 am

hopsing wrote:
futur2 wrote:wow, that sounds like a lot of effort and work. seems only the bravest survive their first nebula sampling attempt. it really should be a little bit easier shouldn't it? ;)

I do not know. There is not very much detailed information about sampling as true to the sampled gear as possible, but there are the templates and then you have to experiment. Some parameters in NAT seem not to be explained anywhere, thats a pity, but maybe I just did not find the documentation. I can understand that the commercial 3rd party guys should have a slight advantage and should be able to get more accurate emulations, because of all the beta testing and development work they have put into nebula, but just using a regular template gives good and very usable results already, so I do not really care.
Best Tobias

ok, interesting and fair perspective. it's just that i've seen a lot of guys fail or at least not beeing as sucsessful as you. at least all parameters should be explained, i doubt they are ;)
Last edited by futur2 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
futur2

Postby enriquesilveti » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:55 am

NAT seem not to be explained anywhere, thats a pity, but maybe I just did not find the documentation. I can understand that the commercial 3rd party guys should have a slight advantage and should be able to get more accurate emulations

Hello Tobias. All those features were added into NAT from 3rd party developers requests and beta tester requests. We are changing and improving NAT day to day and there are a lot of new features for implement. We are a small company and we are focused now more into add features in Nebula and solve issues and bugs related with COREIII, Nebula Server and Nebula Au.

You will find some interesting information monthly into AA newsletter. Obviously user manuals are important and we will release a NAT user manual but right now not a priority.

Almost every NAT session is optimized for use, and there is a lot of box and features that even 3rd party developers don't use due there are focused more for beta testing and debug purposes.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby hopsing » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:12 pm

Hello Tobias. All those features were added into NAT from 3rd party developers requests and beta tester requests. We are changing and improving NAT day to day and there are a lot of new features for implement. We are a small company and we are focused now more into add features in Nebula and solve issues and bugs related with COREIII, Nebula Server and Nebula Au.

You will find some interesting information monthly into AA newsletter. Obviously user manuals are important and we will release a NAT user manual but right now not a priority.

Almost every NAT session is optimized for use, and there is a lot of box and features that even 3rd party developers don't use due there are focused more for beta testing and debug purposes.

Hi Enrique
The interesting thing for me with NAT is, that as soon as something worked out pretty well, I want to have it even better. Like the distribution and level of harmonics related to the dynamics of the programm. I could not get it quite right with the NAT sessions I tried. But I will not complain, the samples sound very close to the real thing, even though they measure slightly different.
Thanks for your wonderful programm
Tobias
hopsing
User Level I
User Level I

Postby farjedi » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:37 pm

in another thread michael of cdsoundmaster was explaining the process and he was saying he has to edit harmonics in Nebula to get them more inline with the hardware. I have no idea how you do that but you could ask him.. :D
farjedi
User Level X
User Level X

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries