Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: signaltonoize.com - Plex (Tape Delay) – Free Nebula Program

Postby futur2 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:59 am

way cool!
futur2

Postby Terilem » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:34 am

Whoa, what an amazing surprise! I've never even seen a delay sampled for Nebula, let alone an Echoplex. I thought it must not have been possible or something. Thanks!

Nebula continues to do its best in making my entire plugin collection obsolete... :P
Terilem
User Level I
User Level I

Postby ericleung1985 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:00 am

Fucking cool sound!

Thanks!! :shock:
ericleung1985
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby lordnielson » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm

Thanks a lot for the program.

Would a short slap be possible? It could be useable on quite a large scale I'd think.
lordnielson

Postby farjedi » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:58 pm

thanks for the generous gift :D
farjedi
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Tjhungwell » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:00 pm

Wow amazing sound! Downloading tonight. Really cool.

lordnielson wrote:Thanks a lot for the program.

Would a short slap be possible? It could be useable on quite a large scale I'd think.

+1 for that. Think John Lennon / M Ward etc. I'd actually buy that one instantly!
Tjhungwell
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby Mplay » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:29 pm

First of all, thanks for this one. It's going to get a lot of use for sure! I do have a question: I can't set my LFREQD higher then 5641. Is this supposed to be?
Mplay

Postby mathias » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:48 am

Mplay wrote:First of all, thanks for this one. It's going to get a lot of use for sure! I do have a question: I can't set my LFREQD higher then 5641. Is this supposed to be?

do you use nebula reverb? did you change dspbuffer?

mathias
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Postby Terilem » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:59 am

Mplay wrote:First of all, thanks for this one. It's going to get a lot of use for sure! I do have a question: I can't set my LFREQD higher then 5641. Is this supposed to be?

I have that issue as well. I get around it by editing the parameter directly in the xml file.

Another thing I've noticed is that the delay rate changes depending on RATE CNV if the project's sample rate isn't 96kHz. If RATE CNV is high enough for the program to be converted correctly (i.e. no blinking arrow), the repeats play faster than they should. Shouldn't it be the other way around?
Terilem
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Mplay » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:57 am

I did change my rate cnv (I work at 96k but use some 44.1 programs)

I've read it's possible to make several instances of nebula, with different settings. For instance, I read on the wiki that it's possible to make a second version as fast compressor. Could I do the same for a version with high LFREQD and one with higher rate_cnv?

I couln't make a link but this is a copy of the wiki text:

Fast Compressors

I found this tip in a post by Larry Gates, although it originated from another user, bmanic.

* Copy your Nebula.dll file (not the reverb) name it Nebula Compressors.dll.

* Copy the Nebula.xml file and name it Nebula Compressors.xml (has to be the same as the dll file).

* In the .xml file open it with note pad there should be a Prog Rate, with a number like 20000, change that number to say 200 or 100.

* Now in the compressor program, go to the EDIT page found under PROG. Turn on the RATE S control, and lower the number over top of the RATE S. The lower the number the faster the compressor reacts. The lower the number the more your CPU is eaten.

* Now, there is another section the EVFS page, I think it's in GLOB then the MORE button. You change the RMS 17 on the first of the 3, I don't think the other 2 are active, to RMS or AVG or PEAK, not the 17's, you'll get different behavior, smoother, holds on to transients differently. I don't know how accurate this is to the real gear, but I don't care because it sounds good.

* That's it, you can go in the KERN page and lower the values of the FREQ'd and TIME to get better CPU use, or just render, Also I think you can lower the KERN in the MAST page, or the KERN page (KERN didn't work for me, haven't tried master) and then have numeric programs. Meaning no distortion, just the compression behavior. Depends on the application, good for vocals I'd say. Or anything you don't want to impart much color to.

Giancarlo, one of the creators, then added the following.

there is a secret keyword to add to your XML

<UP> 1 </UP>

in this way you could access even faster PROG RATES, reaching even 1 sample of length (so a true liquid channel based on volterra kernels instead of convolution). The feature is undocumented and officially unsupported, and it could be discontinued in the future.

It was a secret parameter, so now you'll be able to tune really fast PROG RATES in your EDIT/GLOB page. Before you was not able to go faster than 0.250. Nebula will not allow fast settings if you use long kernels and you use FFT. In that case you should disable FFT in your KERN page (using the little arrows and moving players to the DIR column).

So for a compressor, Yakuzi Comp, go in your GLOB page, change RATE S to ON, you'll be able to reach 0.270 mx for RATE. But with that parameter you'll be able to reach 0.45 milliseconds!!! 5 times faster!!! this is almost a liquid channel, but based on volterra kernels (thay are a powerful generalization of the convolution theory). Around 0.22 milliseconds you have one complete resynthesis process for each incoming sample.
Further Tip

I would strongly recommend using several different skins to help see which version of Nebula you are editing (Normal, Reverb or Compressor).
Mplay

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries